• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Had Mountain Dew for the first time. It just tastes like Sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehard

Fleer
So do different brands of like.. vodka or whiskey taste very different or is that just crap like how people say different brands of bottled water taste different?

So do different brands of like.. vodka or whiskey taste very different or is that just crap like how people say different brands of bottled water taste different?

You're comparing apples and oranges. Different brands of Vodka will be different but still taste like Vodka, in the same sense Sprite and Sierra Mist taste very similar--they are both Lemon/Lime Sodas. Mountain Dew is a Citrus Soda (basically a mixture of Orange, Lemon, Lime, and a few others flavors) that is more akin to Surge or Mello Yello. Saying Sprite and Mountain Dew taste the same to you is like saying Smirinoff Vodka and Jack Daniels Whiskey taste the same.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This makes no sense at all to me, Mountain Dew and Sprite absolutely do not taste alike. Or really even all that similar.

Coke's similar product to Mountain Dew is Mello Yello. Pepsi's similar product to Sprite is Sierra Mist.

diehard

Fleer
You're comparing apples and oranges. Different brands of Vodka will be different but still taste like Vodka, in the same sense Sprite and Sierra Mist taste very similar--they are both Lemon/Lime Sodas. Mountain Dew is a Citrus Soda (basically a mixture of Orange, Lemon, Lime, and a few others flavors) that is more akin to Surge or Mello Yello. Saying Sprite and Mountain Dew taste the same to you is like saying Smirinoff Vodka and Jack Daniels Whiskey taste the same.

Oh i know it wasn't a direct comparison its just something i've always wondered. But the difference is akin to Sprint-7up ect?

But Squirt isn't lemon/lime - it's a citrus soda with grapefruit juice. It's closer to Fresca which is grapefruit and lime.

Shiiiit, that's right. Maybe that's why I prefer it over the 7up/Sprite/MTN Dew's of the world. On a somewhat similar note, Cactus Cooler is my pineapple/orange carbonated jam. I definitely recommend that too.

I'll never get the love for Code Red. It's okay sometimes, but bleh.

Voltage > White Out > Dew Citrus > Supernova > Code Red

I wish they'd bring the orange one here.

EDIT: I sometimes buy Mountain Dew for a change, but I usually just get Coke and or Pepsi. I like both, but generally have preferred Coke.

I drink WAY too much pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom