• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hail To The King! Celebrating Jack Kirby's 100th Birthday

MCU should have gone full Kirby with its art direction from Day 1. Mark 1 Iron Man was the highlight of its movie. It's a shame that realism has such a hold on the movie genre.

It's very possible things could've been different if they had the Fantastic Four rights, but for now I have to keep dreaming.
The Kirby inspired visuals are one of the reasons I'm very excited for Thor: Ragnarok.
Code:
[img]http://heronews.pl/media/2017/07/thor-ragnarok-celestials-costumes.jpg[/img]

From Kirby's grandson(who's the kid fighting with him in that pic in the OP):
DIQUqAgVwAAMDLe.jpg:large

My first comic book artist, and my favorite still. Looking at some pics from my collection, I've got a few Kirby issues.

TOKKBEs.jpg

yBjI13s.jpg

bJ7VJPi.jpg

BzlB4zH.jpg

f0HdFpg.jpg

M8U6t45.jpg

I think I also have a near-complete run of Kamandi. Mr. Miracle may be my favorite series from him.

Rydeen

I'm working on a tribute piece for Kirby's 100th birthday tomorrow, but it's hard to draw something unique in his spirit when he's drawn practically all of his iconic characters in every conceivable way. To me, cosmic Kirby is where he's at his best, nobody drew the universe quite like Kirby, it's a place beyond your imagination when he visualizes it.

Vibranium

Banned
Happy birthday, Jack. I really wish he could have lived longer to have received proper compensation and have made a cameo in Marvel movies (Fox or Marvel Studios) with Stan Lee. At least they made peace somewhat before he died.

327b79582abd9ea28a761577d8f7a1e2.jpg

We know him as the cosmic god, but I also always love(d) his Howling Commandos and other art of soldiers, with his background and all.

Here's one with Gabe Jones given his proper due, as he should be:

60bec67488cd75df35eefd2d6fe82bcc.jpg

Stolen from the Ant-Man and the Wasp thread:

Evangeline Lilly‏Verified account @EvangelineLilly 6m6 minutes ago

I am honoured to be on set today playing #TheWasp on what would be Jack Kirby's 100th birthday.
#ThankYouJackKirby #AntManAndTheWasp

But not a single tweet from Chris Evans. Come on Chris, show some respect!

There have been a bunch of articles popping up today, here's one from The Guardian:
Captain America, X-Men, Iron Man, the Avengers … Jack Kirby, king of comics

Top Bottom