• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4, Halo CE Remastered, Ryse, Voice Search Feature and More All Revealed Early...

ace3skoot

so i'm thinking halo 4 will be on the nextbox and be CGI only, they could still surprise with a console announcement...its about there only hope of "winning" e3 at this point.

TommyT

Anyone else notice in that screen shot there are what seems to be snow below all of the cryo pods. It's as if... they've landed... someplace cold!

DUN DUN DUN

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Man said:
Let's hope it's for the next Xbox. Four (fps) halos on the same hardware is enough.

I'm with Nintex--my guess is it's a next-gen teaser.

I don't know why people are saying they are milking it. Its the 10th anniversary and they've had 4 major games (1,2,3,Reach) and a couple of spin off games (Wars,ODST). If they were milking it they'd be at Halo 6 or Halo 7 by now.

Heretic

And with that MS has just won E3 for me. Show me something good, Nintendo! Make it a good fight!

Master Chief is back!
hopefully...

Marleyman

Banned
Hey You said:
This seems like a huge "Fuck you" to Bungie announcing a new Halo game 6 months after the last halo game was released.

You could look at it that way but they probably have been working on Halo 4 for awhile now.

Kibbles

Some people assuming Halo 4 is coming this year. It's probably a teaser for next year that'll be shown at the end, but Halo: CE is coming this year.

Deadly Cyclone said:
If the milk is sweet, I'll keep drinking.

Amen, brother. Continue to not buy the games if you aren't interested in them. It worked for Sonic. We're getting what we want now. (Didn't mean to derail, I'll stop there.)

I can't wait to see where they take the franchise, and you're damn right I'll be picking up the remastered Halo: CE.

Plinko said:
I'm with Nintex--my guess is it's a next-gen teaser.

Could be a good way to steal some thunder from the Cafè. CG trailer, they can claim "it will look just like this on the X720" and call it a day.

infinityBCRT said:
I don't know why people are saying they are milking it. Its the 10th anniversary and they've had 4 major games (1,2,3,Reach) and a couple of spin off games (Wars,ODST). If they were milking it they'd be at Halo 6 or Halo 7 by now.
3 main + 3 extras = halo 6

Zomba13

:(
Wish I hadn't refreshed GAF and instead went straight to watching Game of Thrones. This is the kind of stuff I don't like spoiled. I like to see big announcements and confirmation of rumours while watching the press conferences.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I hope there is more at the conference than Halo 4/CE. Otherwise, this conference will be Kinect-tastic.

Actually, that thread will be hilarious.

2UtJV.png

A picture is worth a thousand words.

S1kkZ

Kibbles said:
Some people assuming Halo 4 is coming this year. It's probably a teaser for next year that'll be shown at the end, but Halo: CE is coming this year.
i expect h4 in 2013, they will show a short cg teaser (coming 2013 for ?).

It will have to be as different to Halo reach as reach was to halo 3 for me to consider purchasing it. Am I correct in assuming we will see some sort of video footage?

Dabanton

It has to be next year. If not a lot of games are suddenly going to be mysteriously moved to next year for "extra development" by their publishers.

Heretic

TommyT said:
Anyone else notice in that screen shot there are what seems to be snow below all of the cryo pods. It's as if... they've landed... someplace cold!

DUN DUN DUN
Or its the cold from space? I'll take your version better =)

Cortana: Chief, we've landed
Master Chief: I need a weapon!

Me: *cums*

User33 said:
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST
Halo: Reach
Halo: Remake
Halo: 4

On 360 alone.

I'd consider that "milking it".

I don't count Wars at all. ODST was probably over priced but it really was just an expansion campaign to Halo 3 + some multiplayer maps. Remake kinda falls into the ODST category to me... Reach overshadowed ODST and Halo 4 will overshadow the Halo Remake release. And we don't know *for sure* that Halo 4 will be out on 360.

Marleyman

Banned
TheOrangeKid007 said:
It will have to be as different to Halo reach as reach was to halo 3 for me to consider purchasing it. Am I correct in assuming we will see some sort of video footage?

Are you into the Halo storyline?

GhaleonEB

User33 said:
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST

On 360 alone.

When you remake a game in the series, you're into "milking it", no questions asked.

Of course, there are good and bad ways to milk things, and it's all about quality and development time. But I don't think it's an arguable point by now.

[Nintex]

M.D said:
You know what missing from that website? Gears of War: Exile

OH SHIT
That was cancelled or at least on hold because Epic wanted to focus on Gears 3 but with Disneyland Adventures back from the dead, who knows.

TommyT

Heretic said:
Or its the cold from space? I'll take your version better =)

Cortana: Chief, we've landed
Master Chief: I need a weapon!

Me: *cums*

No snow in space! No white stuff either... unless you're cumming so much from the excitement that it makes it to their ship! :O

infinityBCRT said:
I don't count Wars at all. ODST was probably over priced but it really was just an expansion campaign to Halo 3 + some multiplayer maps. Remake kinda falls into the ODST category to me... Reach overshadowed ODST and Halo 4 will overshadow the Halo Remake release. And we don't know *for sure* that Halo 4 will be out on 360.
Announcing 4 before actually formally announcing the next console makes it highly likely that Halo 4 is an Xbox 360 game.

Alrus

Remaking a game that is only one generation old seems so unnecessary... But HD "remasters" seem to be all the rage these days. It'll probably sell like hot cake.

I'm more surprised by people's "surprised" reactions.

User33 said:
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo ODST

On 360 alone.

If MS doesn't milk it, people will spend that money on CoD games.

GAF servers slowing down? Avatars are taking long time to load.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
anonnumber6 said:
Announcing 4 before actually formally announcing the next console makes it highly likely that Halo 4 is an Xbox 360 game.
And they can still move it into 2013 when 720 will probably appear.

Top Bottom