• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Interview With Footage, Probably No Beta [Up: Official Making Of Video]

ultron87

Is it weird that out of everything in the video the music excited me the most? I mean, the rest looked awesome, but I was really digging the music.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Is the 3 spots in the top right the grenade indicators? :x

Are grenades even in the game anymore? (multi) :p

Rumble19

It's great and all that the graphics look good but I hope they aren't sacrificing on the framerate. Reach was bad enough as it is.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Please clarify?
What Salvor said and the Halo 3 engine is the Reach engine it was just massively upgraded/retooled to the point it may as well have been a new engine. 343 then took the Reach engine and also did massive upgrading and retooling to the point that Frankie said only a few bits of code remain from it and that it may as well be new.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is there any hint at all that this is also being developed for Xbox720?

Oemenia

Banned
Microsoft owns that engine and everything related to the Halo franchise.
Well its just a bit worrying that they are comparing to Halo 3 rather than Reach. The timing of them going independent and not wanting to do another Halo (only to do a few more) suggests maybe that they walked away with the tech they worked on afterwards (i.e Reach engine).

OverHeat

« generous god »
Well its just a bit worrying that they are comparing to Halo 3 rather than Reach. The timing of them going independent and not wanting to do another Halo (only to do a few more) suggests maybe that they walked away with the tech they worked on afterwards (i.e Reach engine).

Its hard to compare MC from reach to H4 MC.....

see5harp

reach really burnt me out on halo, and kind of proved to me that bungie is a B-tier developer. halo 3 was an overall good package, but didn't really hit the highs of halo 1 or 2.

i'm actually surprised that im a little bit hyped for this.

B-Tier? Come on dude.

Kibbles

igTuFkAw5I7CK.gif

iX4A0jgLP5RPT.gif

JdFoX187

Banned

Frankie said way back Bungie gave them the Reach engine. It's how they made Anniversary and all the maps since they took over the franchise.

So, I want to do a title update to prepare for shutting down the other thread eventually (as they're basically about the same thing), but can someone explain this to me?

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/05/halo-4-multiplayer-and-chief-vision-shown-in-ca/

I apologize if this has already been answered in the thread, but I'm currently handling a few things had some issues finding the answer.
Not much info other than a few articles reported the same thing- That armour will effect gameplay and will be customizable.

Keep it up! I want more.

Game looks promising so far. More so than the last few entries in the franchise.

But Jesus Christ, can the BR take up any more space on the screen?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
OH FUCK, I don't know why but all of a sudden I'm feeling like this is going to be the most badass Halo ever.

Did you see all that crazy first person animation? :O

Top Bottom