• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Interview With Footage, Probably No Beta [Up: Official Making Of Video]

KingJ2002

The game looks amazing... I hope the frame rate stays consistent and the single player is just as epic as before.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Gonna need a Halo 2 HD for that, and who doesn't want that?

Just look at what happened to the halo 2 maps in halo 3- That angered me enough

Stairs on lockout wtffffff clutter clutter everywhere

If that is their idea of HD I don't want it. :)

(currently downloading the anniversary map pack so I can bitch about those maps soon)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just look at what happened to the halo 2 maps in halo 3- That angered me enough

Stairs on lockout wtffffff clutter clutter everywhere

If that is their idea of HD I don't want it. :)

(currently downloading the anniversary map pack so I can bitch about those maps soon)

YOUR NOT BELI343ING HARD ENOUGH

Looks sweet, though I have to say I will await more info on these perks, hopefully a vanilla btb playlist will be up and will be popular, also I can't believe other people haven't noticed, but it looks like NO BLOOM from this little taste, oh happy days!!!

One little things from the footage shown that felt a bit odd is the animation when chief fires the rifle.

gif69gbqj.gif

It seems like a super strong soldier like Chief wouldn't react to the kickback of the rifle so much. Must be a powerful gun!

Either way, still looks amazing.

There's always inconsistencies like this in the Halo games. The Master Chief can effortlessly flip a tank with his bare hands, yet it takes him multiple strikes to kill a grunt and he struggles with the recoil on a submachine gun. Also how all these human weapons are proportional to the Chief, when in reality they should look tiny compared to him.

It's sloppiness like that which turns me off of the franchise somewhat.

G17

I don't think sprinting has ever suited Halo since higher movement speeds + strafing is better and matches play out more differently with it compared to Halo 3. But with all that said I am really looking forward to this, the graphics/lighting is just incredible they have a talented team at 343 no doubt about that! I just hope they do a beta, it would really help make Halo 4 that much better in terms of multiplayer.

Jburton

Banned
NextBox version or bust!

New Xbox is guaranteed to be at E3 ............ a graphically superior version of Halo 4 at launch would be beneficial.

Untracked

Watched the Making Of a few times, quite impressed. Loving the Spartan IV's, the BR and Wraparound.

After Reach I thought I was done with Halo, I fell for the hype in a big way, spent a fortune on it and didn't really enjoy it, but this looks promising.
The multiplayer customisation / unlocks sound interesting, I'm obviously hoping they don't break it, but nothing can be as bad as Armor Lock... right?!
Glad to hear Health Packs have gone too.

I just want fast paced BR gameplay and it looks like that's whats coming!

Bravo Frankie and Co.

igTuFkAw5I7CK.gif

Hold me.

Someone hold my feels.

Yeah, the SP stuff looks crazy good.

There's always inconsistencies like this in the Halo games. The Master Chief can effortlessly flip a tank with his bare hands, yet it takes him multiple strikes to kill a grunt and he struggles with the recoil on a submachine gun. Also how all these human weapons are proportional to the Chief, when in reality they should look tiny compared to him.

Gameplay vs Story. Compromises must be made. That said, canonically the weapons are larger than usual human sized weapons, and in the past the engine has scaled weapons slightly to compensate. Sure, they could make flipping over a tank something more difficult where you have to button bash, but would that be fun?

These are decisions of gameplay, not oversights or sloppiness.

Why are they releasing it holiday 2012 when they know the world ends the 21st?

C'mon bungie release it a bit earlier so we can really enjoy ourselves.

also

I have absolutely no problem with 343 not releasing a beta. That just means imma be superbouncing out the map and sniping you guys in the giblets!!!!! AAWWWW YEEEAAAH!!!!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Watched the Making Of a few times, quite impressed. Loving the Spartan IV's, the BR and Wraparound.

After Reach I thought I was done with Halo, I fell for the hype in a big way, spent a fortune on it and didn't really enjoy it, but this looks promising.
The multiplayer customisation / unlocks sound interesting, I'm obviously hoping they don't break it, but nothing can be as bad as Armor Lock... right?!
Glad to hear Health Packs have gone too.

I just want fast paced BR gameplay and it looks like that's whats coming!

Bravo Frankie and Co.

I liked Reach's campaign for the most part, but I got bored of MP quickly. Throw me into the camp that I thought I was sort of over everything too,

That youtube video doc looked frick'n hella amazing though.

Portugeezer

Gold Member

Lol, seems like an over reaction. Maybe the guns power is too much for his armour to compensate for recoil.

Anyway, there are people who can lift up 200kg, but give them a 3kg MP5 and it would probably recoil like crazy.

The big news for Halo online fans is that 343 has decided to include game-changing unlocks in return for level progression, a similar system to that found in Call of Duty, for example.
* fear and loathing *

Making Halo more like COD is my own personal nightmare for the franchise.

Reserving judgement until I can find out more, but still.

JB1981

I get the impression that there are parkour elements in this.

That would be...delicious.

Yes there did look to be a Mirrors Edge style segment in the making-of vid. I hope they borrow some of the fluidity of movement from Crysis 2. I liked the idea that they want to make Chief feel powerful and agile.

Basically I'm ready for Nanosuit Chief. One thing I did NOT care for was the musical score. Perhaps it has to be heard in context to be appreciated but it sounded very bland to me

Proelite

Lol, seems like an over reaction. Maybe the guns power is too much for his armour to compensate for recoil.

Anyway, there are people who can lift up 200kg, but give them a 3kg MP5 and it would probably recoil like crazy.

The gun doesnt recoil that much. Chief is just adding it for dramatic effect.

Seep

I loved Halo for the insane detail and effects that made it feel like a movie, plus wide open levels like silent cartographer and assault on the control room were different to anything I'd played before and since. I fear I'll never play that Halo again.

Goosebumps:

* Audio work. Loved the improvements in Reach but glad to hear they're going for even more oomph this time around. Makes a huge difference to the feel of combat.
* Weight. Making the player feel the heft and strength of the suit. YES. HELL YES.
* Multiplayer fiction: Giving a compelling reason for Red vs. Blue. Love it.

I'm still a little uneasy when they mention making the game more cinematic, as that usually means removing a great deal of player choice in exchange for crafted moments that play out the same way every time. We'll see.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The gun doesnt recoil that much. Chief is just adding it for dramatic effect.
Best reason ever.
I loved Halo for the insane detail and effects that made it feel like a movie, plus wide open levels like silent cartographer and assault on the control room were different to anything I'd played before and since. I fear I'll never play that Halo again.
I recall one of the devs stating they actually took 2 days off to go back and play Halo 1 again not forgetting to mention there is a Metroid(Retro Studios) dev also on the team. Personally, I expect good things.

Also some people wanted the H4 Logo:

iNzUzkbDf4L3X.gif

Satchel

Banned
I have to admit, the idea of perks bother me also.

Everything else about this game seems like perfection, except that, so hopefully:

1) there's enough backlash for them to take it before before they go gold or
2) there's a whole playlist of traditional game types without them that matches the main one style for style.

That would be more than fine.

Also, hopefully they reveal that they're going back to the halo 2/3 ranking system. But I won't old my breath on that one.

I have to admit, the idea of perks bother me also.

Everything else about this game seems like perfection, except that, so hopefully:

1) there's enough backlash for them to take it before before they go gold or
2) there's a whole playlist of traditional game types without them that matches the main one style for style.

That would be more than fine.

Also, hopefully they reveal that they're going back to the halo 2/3 ranking system. But I won't old my breath on that one.

Have perks actually been confirmed? The Eurogamer article seemed to be needling Frankie to say they were, but he never did (as far as I can see).

Best reason ever.

I recall one of the devs stating they actually took 2 days off to go back and play Halo 1 again not forgetting to mention there is a Metroid(Retro Studios) dev also on the team. Personally, I expect good things.

Also some people wanted the H4 Logo:

iNzUzkbDf4L3X.gif
Wasn't the whole point of Halo CE to get the team working through the original Halo as a grounding exercise? I mean, basically 343 re-made Halo 1, then made Halo 4. It's a perfect setup if my impression is correct.

Also, that logo animation is fucking awesome.

Assuming the best of this team (and why not?) I think it's worth mentioning that maybe the title forming like a transformer is a little hint, a little thematic nod towards what's to come. Things forming & re-shaping? Building & changing? Maybe environments or characters are going to function similarly?

Hype hype hype!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Have perks actually been confirmed? The Eurogamer article seemed to be needling Frankie to say they were, but he never did (as far as I can see).

A perk-like system is confirmed but it's not perks per ce, and they're adamant it's nothing like perks you've seen before or come to know.

Ramblin

Banned

Yea halo's not very realistic.

Wasn't the whole point of Halo CE to get the team working through the original Halo as a grounding exercise? I mean, basically 343 re-made Halo 1, then made Halo 4. It's a perfect setup if my impression is correct.

Also, that logo animation is fucking awesome.

Assuming the best of this team (and why not?) I think it's worth mentioning that maybe the title forming like a transformer is a little hint, a little thematic nod towards what's to come. Things forming & re-shaping? Building & changing? Maybe environments or characters are going to function similarly?

Hype hype hype!

The whole point of Halo CE was to cash in on Halo CE.

It's funny just the other day I was talking to my room mates about people don't seem very excited about Halo 4, yet after these videos went up everyone's talking about it again. I guess it just shows that the excitement for the next numbered entry will always come out regardless of how long it takes.

Top Bottom