• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 launch trailer (David Fincher, Tim Miller) premiering Oct. 18th

Grisby

Aw I'm not master chief I saw his face dawg. Kinda wish there would have been a bit more ambiguity toward his identity.

Subitai

They be stealin babies and switchin em, man
Nice to see more stuff from the books.

Anyway...
GrD2O.gif

The actual gameplay sold this game way better than this live action crap. At least the Reach one got me excited to play, this was just, meh.

LQX

Man I love that MS goes all out with Halo. Wish there was more and wish more games did this. Also, MS is slowly warming everyone up to a Halo movie.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh and 343 lied. In an early interview they said we won't see master chiefs face.

GhaleonEB

Long form trailer was, well, long. Since I've read a lot of the expanded fiction I enjoyed seeing the various tidbits about the Chief's history. Pacing lacked punch, but then it was an extended trailer.

Was the TV spot shorter? Curious what was kept vs. cut from a 30/60 second spot.

Long form trailer was, well, long. Since I've read a lot of the expanded fiction I enjoyed seeing the various tidbits about the Chief's history. Pacing lacked punch, but then it was an extended trailer.

Was the TV spot shorter? Curious what was kept vs. cut from a 30/60 second spot.

It was the same length on TV.

Sojgat

Live action tv advertising campaigns shouldn't require reading a text to make them impactful. The action wasn't very good, and I get the idea of what's happening in a story sense. It all just gives me a bad feeling about the Halo 4 narrative, I'm pretty much against too much humanising of Master Chief, he should stay one step removed from Doom guy as far as I'm concerned. The web series has me far more hyped than that trailer, the shot on the beach looked awful by the way, bad work.

Tokubetsu

Trailer was amazing if you read The Fall of Reach pretty much.

Yep. If you're fan of Halo expanded universe it's great. Good attention to detail as well. The human shit in Halo pre-covenant was pretty fucking dark. Kidnapping kids, putting them through a horrendus procedure most of them weren't gonna survive and all of that just to fight "rebels."

zlatko

Banned
Cool to see the Spartan program in action and all that, but this was not launch trailer material AT ALL.

This is something that belongs in Forward Unto Dawn type of pre hype.

Color me disappointed. I mean it was great material, but again not what I was expecting for a launch trailer which is generally HYPE material for a game.

Vire

That was pretty terrible to be honest.

Music is generic, there is no real tension to be found.

The connection between Live Action and CGI is really jarring and doesn't mesh well together. Would have been better off solely CGI.

Spartan abduction and testing was handled pretty poorly as well. Where is the emotion? Just felt flat and boring.

I expected a lot more from David Fincher.

Korosenai

Aw I'm not master chief I saw his face dawg. Kinda wish there would have been a bit more ambiguity toward his identity.

They said they wanted to humanize him and then they pretty much go and show everything but his actual face in one commercial.

Shouldn't this get a new thread? Or should these comments get split off into a new one?

That was pretty terrible to be honest.

Music is generic, there is no real tension to be found.

The connection between Live Action and CGI is really jarring and doesn't mesh well together. Would have been better off solely CGI.

Spartan abduction and testing was handled pretty poorly as well. Where is the emotion? Just felt flat and boring

I expected a lot more from David Fincher.

Agreed.

The production values were there, but this ad did nothing for me. Nothing at all. It felt very phoned in.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have already paid for this shit let's fucking go god damnit. Stupid calendars take AGES to get anywhere decent :/

also, me and 3 buddies have glorious dreams of system link goodness on launch weekend, crates of beer bad snack food and banished women, does anyone know what exactly this means

FEATURES

Offline players 1 - 4
Offline co-op 1 - 2
System Link 1 - 4

how disappointed/elated am I going to be with this feature, in terms of 'we would all like to battle through the campaign on 2 tvs with 4 players?

spootime

Could have done a LOT cooler stuff with the material than this. Feels like pure fan service which I do appreciate but It seems out of place in a launch trailer. Honestly if you haven't read the Halo EU you really aren't going to know what the fuck is going on. Idk it just seemed really out of place.

Top Bottom