• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

wwm0nkey

Over on Waypoint
https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-great-journey

halo-5-guardians-concept-art-ca11b3e478cb49959c1bc3f7bca3533f.jpg
I see an elite statue in the back?

Is this is the first time since the original Halo that a mainline Halo title has a subtitle?

Also, freshman year of College confirmed to go horribly for me. Damn you Halo.

TheOddOne

In fact, I suspect most of you who read the Halo Bulletin regularly anticipate there’s even more to come.
Well you might be right, but we’ll have significantly more to say about that at E3 and beyond. Suffice it to say, another shoe has yet to drop.
So that’s it for now, but E3 is just around the corner. So if you bide your time and hold your breath, you won’t have to wait too long to hear about the next steps on this Great Journey.
You clever duck.

halo-5-guardians-concept-art-ca11b3e478cb49959c1bc3f7bca3533f.jpg

1216011570_JumpPack.jpg

My money's on brute occupied world just by comparing the statue with brute infantry from Halo 3.
Holding a beam rifle maybe?

Edit: so maybe Elite world. Sanghelios has two moons, two moons are visible.

Madness

Glowing blue visor as opposed to the cracked orange visor of Chief we saw in the trailer. If it is a suit upgrade for Chief. How would you guys feel about that? That were moving away from the iconic Mjolnir green look in a sense?

Onikaan

Glowing blue visor as opposed to the cracked orange visor of Chief we saw in the trailer. If it is a suit upgrade for Chief. How would you guys feel about that? That were moving away from the iconic Mjolnir green look in a sense?

I seriously doubt that has even been considered.

It's too iconic.

What would happen if they made Mario wear a baseball hat and pajama pants, while shaving his mustache for future Mario games? What about if Link wore jeans and a white-T?

No. If they change the look of MC too drastically, players would slowly care less about him. It's one of those psychological identifiers that should not be altered too much, similar to how people identify Halo with the monks.

EDIT:
That's kind of what I thought, but I have a really awesome and totally plausible theory in the other thread about what's going down.
Impressive theory. I'd buy two.

Homeboyd

I'm curious (and totes not being a sarcastic ass here), when has concept art ever looked remotely similar to anything final in anything in the history of anything ever? Doesn't even have to be halo. Doesn't even have to be a game. I'm genuinely curious.

Omni

I'm curious (and totes not being a sarcastic ass here), when has concept art ever looked remotely similar to anything final in anything in the history of anything ever? Doesn't even have to be halo. Doesn't even have to be a game. I'm genuinely curious.

A lot of the Mass Effect concept art is pretty damn similar to final pieces.

Sordid

The Chief's armour is too iconic, they'd be mad to change it too much.

Madness

What would happen if they made Mario wear a baseball hat and pajama pants, while shaving his mustache for future Mario games? What about if Link wore jeans and a white-T?

No. If they change the look of MC too drastically, players would slowly care less about him. It's one of those psychological identifiers that should not be altered too much, similar to how people identify Halo with the monks.

EDIT:
Impressive theory. I'd buy two.

True. I was thinking the same thing as I posted. That Mario still wears the same outfit, as does Link, and many other iconic characters. What if it's just temporary though? Then again, it would be jarring seeing Chief as anything different. In my mind, Chief and Spartans still only typically wear Mark V and Mark VI armor. It's just too ingrained with the character.

The same thing was said about the multiplayer.

It's basic marketing 101. Franchises need something to easily identify themselves with, for Halo, it's Master Chief. The general population views Chief as the Green Armor/ Gold Visor set. They're not going to change their most recognizable character to a completely different design.

iMax

It's basic marketing 101. Franchises need something to easily identify themselves with, for Halo, it's Master Chief. The general population views Chief as the Green Armor/ Gold Visor set. They're not going to change their most recognizable character to a completely different design.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Hadn't seen it posted. But just saw the cover art for Escalation #9

Speaking of that is there anywhere to keep track of release dates. Darkhorse doesn't have a subscribe function like Comixology does.

It's not the best but it's by no means the worst.

It is but considering what it's compared to that still makes it better then most games out there. To me it's in the category of Halo 2. Very Linear. To me I like my Halo levels more open feeling. Then it had some issues. But it's still a fun campaign.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hyped by the words more than the pictures. Hearing even a vague commitment to the "heart of the game" makes me hopeful. A little bit.

And part of me still wonders if they're planning something other than Halo 2 Anniversary this year. Or something more...? What if Halo 5 having the "Guardians" subtitle hints at there being more Halo 5 content beyond that one game? And what if we get some of that content this fall?

I dunno, I'm just suspicious.

Edit: That Sanghelios pic is sweet.

Top Bottom