• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Funny thing is, last night, when Frankie said he would tease us with something, I thought how funny it would be to hype it down to be next to nothing, then blow the fucking lid on Halo 5 or H2A.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
So about the image. I get the feeling that is Thorne. I was just reading some brief descriptions of upcoming Escalations and it's just a feeling I get based off those.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So about the image. I get the feeling that is Thorne. I was just reading some brief descriptions of upcoming Escalations and it's just a feeling I get based off those.
Would you mind elaborating (using spoiler tags if necessary, of course)?

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Would you mind elaborating (using spoiler tags if necessary, of course)?

The description of an upcoming arc.

“The Fall of New Phoenix” — eight months ago, an attack on Earth left seven million dead, including the family of Spartan Gabriel Thorne. Today the city has been opened from quarantine, and Thorne is going home to see what’s left... and what it has to do with the Master Chief.

You'll note the last part in particular makes it seem like
someone might be blaming Chief for his family's death. Hence when given a chance to hunt down the man he feels responsible he takes it. Hence the spiffy gear from Oni.

Course keep in mind I have no doubt I'm probably wrong. Still fun to speculate though.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Forgive me for being blunt, but I find any speculation about characters returning from Halo 4 to be incredibly depressing. Except Lasky, maybe. Dude was okay.

I liked Laskey, Thorne, and Palmer has potential. They need to tone her down some but she was alright. Overall the only character I really hated in 4 was Del Rio. Librarian's hubby kind of sucked too but that's because they really didn't develop him as a character. I'm giving them benefit of the doubt on Halsey but yea they kind of ruined her character some too.

Don't know how Sanghellios is described in the novels, but was just looking for more purple "covenent" colors. Besides that, love the architecture shown in the concept art, lots intricacies and details.

Really excited for e3 and bring on H2A!!

belushy

Banned
I'm expecting forge to be amazing for this next game. I hope Firefight is back, too. Don't let me down 343i.

Oh, and please no ADS.

The game name, release date, visual id and concept art. And that it's a boy, not a girl, hence not Palmer.

Awesome.

I bet it's 'Marlowe'.

TV veteran Mike Colter is set to star in Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's new chaptered “Halo” digital feature project(...)
Expected to follow the same format as Machinima's “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn,” the story is set in the 26th century and follows a surgically-enhanced super soldier who is not Master Chief, TheWrap has learned.

Instead, Colter is expected to play Marlowe, a rising star in a futuristic army who is troubled by aspects of the military industrial complex he inhabits. Approaching combat situations with caution and logic, he inspires loyalty in his fellow Spartans.

It just makes sense.

I really really hope they learned and return to their roots. Interesting that the Halo logo seems a bit light blue instead of the darker style.Also i wonder if they put that chief model from Halo 4 on the art or is it from Halo 5? I was hoping they alter a bit some of the armor from chief. The chest piece in particular since i felt he needed to have more armor on his chest

Mix

someone might be blaming Chief for his family's death. Hence when given a chance to hunt down the man he feels responsible he takes it. Hence the spiffy gear from Oni.

Course keep in mind I have no doubt I'm probably wrong. Still fun to speculate though.
This would actually make a lot of sense, especially given the community response to Palmer. I'm sure she'll die soon. They'll pull an iron man two with this, give it to the guy that people have been liking.

Fuchsdh

But normal Spartans (including Thorne) are their own branch, and theoretically answer to Navy in general. ONI having its own branded Spartans is something new... and thus I don't think it's actually one of the established Spartans we've seen in the games already.

I was wondering as well but i doubt it. Remember when Halo 4 was revealed it had another box art than the actual final one.

Did Halo 4 actually have placeholder box art, or are you conflating it with all the made-up art that Amazon and other retailers throw together?

Wow such browns. Many moons. Very to galaxy.

Who wants to bet the brown Spartan gets a dark reprise of To Galaxy as a theme? Why didn't you guys just go with Halo 5? :(

I'm getting major Halo 2 color palette vibes based on the artwork we've seen. Is it just me or does chief's helmet seem disproportional?

Excellent. Now can you guys stop complaining?

Daedalius alt confirmed

Is this is the first time since the original Halo that a mainline Halo title has a subtitle?

Also, freshman year of College confirmed to go horribly for me. Damn you Halo.

Only if you don't count Halo Reach.

It's Fred. After Chief leaves ONI goes to Fred to have him go after Chief, but only lets him do it if he works 100% with ONI, using their armor, their system, and their people.

Kelly and Linda don't want to join ONI so that why they're not in it.

No clones in this game wooooo

aoAamEE.gif

Trey

I'm curious (and totes not being a sarcastic ass here), when has concept art ever looked remotely similar to anything final in anything in the history of anything ever? Doesn't even have to be halo. Doesn't even have to be a game. I'm genuinely curious.

Guild Wars.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
But normal Spartans (including Thorne) are their own branch, and theoretically answer to Navy in general. ONI having its own branded Spartans is something new... and thus I don't think it's actually one of the established Spartans we've seen in the games already.

Did Halo 4 actually have placeholder box art, or are you conflating it with all the made-up art that Amazon and other retailers throw together?

Yea but Oni is known to sometimes recruit folks that aren't specifically Oni.

*Edit* Ah another new character. Hope this one is more in line with likable ones such as Laskey, Thorne, etc and not like Palmer.

Mix

Totally gonna be tied into the Riddley Scott thing. Best way to provide backstory for a character is to lead him in with his own feature. (Lasky 4 lyf) Marlowe is a cool name for the guy looking to kill the master chief. Gonna be some hot spartan on spartan action.
Ship it!

Top Bottom