• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: Review Thread

Gray Man

Banned
Please tell me more of this game you've "played".

gTcnw.png

cfD70.png

gauntlet.jpg

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

berva

Neo Member
Like I would play halo 4 on a console you could look up? you guys for real.
Let's wait for the review and then talk.

Having completed the Single Player campaign I just did not enjoy it that much. The game starts off great but the level design is weak, very weak. Small, narrow, no BIG moments like previous entries in the series.

No doubt the game will review well, however the campaign is super short and linear unlike any other Halo game.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Having completed the Single Player campaign I just did not enjoy it that much. The game starts off great but the level design is weak, very weak. Small, narrow, no BIG moments like previous entries in the series.

No doubt the game will review well, however the campaign is super short and linear unlike any other Halo game.

So you admit to piracy? Have a nice DAY!

watership

8WJmT.jpg

MrDaravon

Good thing you didn't vote with your wallet on this one.

berva

Neo Member
Don't get upset that the single player game is just not that good. It's passable, just not what I was expecting from 343.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Well this thread sure is delightful, juniors be junioring.

Reviews are going to be interesting, lots of hype tweets.

Only review I really care about is Edge to be honest.

ironcreed

Banned
Horrible review, but good score. Don't like the sound of a 6 hour campaign either, but I will no doubt do a Legendary run after beating it on normal, so I'll get enough out of it.

MrDaravon

6 hours on Normal? Fuck...

I'll start on Heroic but still... 343 come on...

What Halo campaign lengths are you guys talking about that were any longer than the numbers floating around? None of the Halo campaigns take longer than 5-6 hours on normal or 8-10 on Heroic for most people.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The guy says that the gameplay is dated because of the omission of Iron Sights.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Terrible terrible terrible review, good score I guess.
wtf hahahahaa

Even if he's not well versed in the canonical reason why it's not there, lol @ the association with gameplay

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Horrible review, but good score. Don't like the sound of a 6 hour campaign either, but I will no doubt do a Legendary run after beating it on normal, so I'll get enough out of it.

I just googled speed runs for halo 1, 2, 3 and reach

All of the ones I saw combined? About 6.5 hours ;)

watership

What Halo campaign lengths are you guys talking about that were any longer than the numbers floating around? None of the Halo campaigns take longer than 5-6 hours on normal or 8-10 on Heroic for most people.

Sounds about right. You can run through halo 3 on easy in about 5 hours or less if you just don't stop to fight ...anything.

Yeah, why are the Halo campaigns always so short? Every time! Isn`t it possible to do a 10 hours campaign? No, sorry 343 not this time. I won`t spent money on 6 hour games anymore (and yes, i don`t care for multiplayer).

Vire

those are speed runs.H1-3 were at least 8 hours.

Yeah, Reach took me about 8 hours total on Heroic.

The other review states:

Like most reviewers, I can’t say much about the plotline of the single-player campaign which will likely last you between 8-12 hours depending on what level of difficulty you set it on.

I played it in 9 Hours on Heroic while barely finding any terminals on the first playthrough.

Even on Normal, anyone playing this game under 7 hours does not give a fuck about Halo. They're just cruising by every encounter. If you're playing a game just to get to see the next cutscene instead of actually playing the damn game then you shouldn't be in the business of reviewing games.

It's like how when the game first got leaked and apparently the leaker streamed it online on Easy. EASY?! That's the kind of shit where people just wanna brag and see cutscenes instead of actually enjoying the game

Halo 4 is as long as Halo 1, Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

berva

Neo Member
It's a short game but more importantly, its an uninspired single player campaign. Objectives are very basic, I was surprised at the lack of creativity in the level design.

Top Bottom