• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops Season 1 Trailer

Lingitiz

I have a feeling you're saying that like it's bad...

I'm just really tired of her being in fucking EVERYTHING. She's still a great VA though.

Seriously, I think she eclipses Nolan North at this point. At least we get the occasional Troy Baker to spell NN.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
SWEET JESUS.

Hey Microsoft, Add a few more people to 343i and crank out an Animated Halo film.

Card Boy

Banned
SWEET JESUS.

Hey Microsoft, Add a few more people to 343i and crank out an Animated Halo film.

51Ce0DjbMaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Sort of like the Animatrix. (Halo on PS3!)

Not yet. It didn't work on my computer also but i tried on my iphone and it worked if that helps.

Thanks for the tip. I watched it there.

Hm. I thought this would be the Spartan Ops CGI footage shown at the NYCC panel, but it's not. I looked on Waypoint to see if that video has been released, and I'm not seeing it.

That video did show my favorite part of the footage I saw at the panel, which was when the Infinity jumped out of slipspace and rammed the Covenant ship in two. (The version I saw had no quick cuts to black, though, which made the version a bit annoying to watch.) That's the part I was talking about with this tweet.

That chick is almost talking like she's a female Col. Quaritch from Avatar :lol

EXACTLY what I was thinking when watching the trailer.

And when we destroy it, we will blast a crater in their racial memory so deep, that they won't come within 1,000 klicks of this place ever again. And that, too, is a fact.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The later. Co-op campaign with new 'episodes' released each week, takes place 6 months after Halo 4. It's set to run over 10 weeks (10 episodes). 'Free' for all copies of Halo 4. I believe there are multiple scenarios that can take place in a mission IIRC, or i could be wrong.

Ohh shit, thats really exciting....its like a TV show cept you play it, and you dont have to wait 2 months to get the next episode.(stares at The Walking Dead)

Thats damn awesome.....is there any other game that does this? As in has a stand-alone episodic side of campaign while maintaining a good single player campaign?

Is season one gonna start as soon as Halo 4 drops?....Please no, let it start after the 26th of Novemebr....please!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl6P4hf87fhBXJcxkOs0NxjE4Vq1r9eaqiwon-SffMoXIuoZFCmiWBR7kx

Buddy just start a minus account and store all your images there.
It takes all of 10 seconds to make a minus account and you will never have to worry about ^this going on.

minus.com is your best friend.

I'm just really tired of her being in fucking EVERYTHING. She's still a great VA though.

Seriously, I think she eclipses Nolan North at this point. At least we get the occasional Troy Baker to spell NN.

I'll second this.

On a side note, I thought she was in Borderlands 2 playing Angel and Lilith. Three separate VAs. Not sure if they were hired because they sound like her or what.

EDIT: So this is Jennifer Hale. Maybe my ears need checking, but they sound very similar to me.

Squire

Banned
I'll second this.

On a side note, I thought she was in Borderlands 2 playing Angel and Lilith. Three separate VAs. Not sure if they were hired because they sound like her or what.

EDIT: So this is Jennifer Hale. Maybe my ears need checking, but they sound very similar to me.

Probably just a coincidence. VAs aren't expensive enough to seek out sound-a-likes and the popular ones all have heavy loads and don't turn down anything, anyway.

GhaleonEB

EXACTLY what I was thinking when watching the trailer.

And when we destroy it, we will blast a crater in their racial memory so deep, that they won't come within 1,000 klicks of this place ever again. And that, too, is a fact.

If you want to survive, you've got to obey the rules. Requiem rules.

Alienups

Getting real tired of hearing the same VA's in every game but that's the smallest nitpick i have have. Looks great otherwise.

Dat inhouse CGI btw, goddamn.

Spartan Ops trailer on Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/52445327

I'll upload to YT as soon as the site lets me.

thank you. it looks incredible. amazing work by 343.

it also confirmed that the first season will feture 10 episodes, 50 missions. that a lot more than I thought would be available, especially for free.

I remember reading they might do a season 2 as well, but charge for it. was that a rumour or might it happen?

adelante

it also confirmed that the first season will feture 10 episodes, 50 missions. that a lot more than I thought would be available, especially for free.

Let's hope there's enough variety in the missions; wouldn't be surprised if "Head to the Area/Landing Zone" objectives count as a huge portion of that 50.

thank you. it looks incredible. amazing work by 343.

I remember reading they might do a season 2 as well, but charge for it. was that a rumour or might it happen?

first season is free everything after that will cost. Hopefully they hit a home run with season one. Only way they will convince anybody to buy season 2.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Guys,

Can this all be played single player? Or is it co op only? Also Xbox live Silver ok to it with?

Yes to single player. Also matchmaking for those without friends.

You can go it alone, but O’Connor said that single-player gameplay will be difficult. However, Spartan Ops supports “matchmaking,” that is, the game “will find you three other players at the same state of the series as you are, so you can play it together and hopefully make some new friends.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/08/20/spartan-ops-is-a-halo-tv-series-you-can-play/

Jennifer Hale is in this? Amazing. I even played through the whole story of Star Wars: The Old Republic, just because she voiced the female trooper.

Top Bottom