• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops Season 1 Trailer

Mr YuYu

Do you need to buy Halo 4 day 1 for this? (download code?)

Suppose i buy Halo 4 in februari 2013. Will i still be able to download these episodes for free?

S1kkZ

Do you need to buy Halo 4 day 1 for this? (download code?)

Suppose i buy Halo 4 in februari 2013. Will i still be able to download these episodes for free?

every halo 4 copy will have spartan ops, you just need xbl gold. you will be able to replay all the episodes you missed (343 compared it to tivo).

Alienups

every halo 4 copy will have spartan ops, you just need xbl gold. you will be able to replay all the episodes you missed (343 compared it to tivo).

Shit, i totally forgot about needing Gold. I don't exactly want to spend money on that since i wouldn't use it for anything else.

JimiNutz

Banned
I can't get over how amazing the CGI is! Did 343i really do all that in-house?

I would kill for a full Halo tv series with that CGI or a Halo movie.

This Spartan Ops looks so much better than Firefight too. The fact that it's free too is outstanding.

Halo looks like its going to be replacing Gears as my favourite reason to own a MS console.
Just looks too good.

paischtu

Neo Member
true. and halo 4 comes with 2 weeks of gold (at least the limited, dont know for sure about the standard edition).

Knowing Microsoft the Standard Edition probably won't contain it. When 360 launched you sometimes got 1 month codes with new games. 72 hour codes are basically nothing if they include them..

Is there "guest" functionality? That's a good question. Perhaps Frankie/David will see this topic later and pop in to spell out how that works.
I'd rather avoid using a guest account. Typically, I have gold because I play online but my wife doesn't and all she ever plays are single player games and splitscreen coop with me.
Considering your overall progression/xp is linked to your gamertag, it would suck for her to not have her progression tracked for spartan ops. It's not deal breaking but it would be annoying.

Woorloog

Banned
Awesome trailer but i don't like how Hale is always cast as space marine commander. I don't think of her characters as them but as Hale. Hale again. Dammit.
Same with Nolan North and some others. Not good. Typecasting sucks.
Sure, they're good but i get tired of hearing the same voice, the same character everywhere.

spootime

No

FOIPl.jpg

Halo 4 - Interactive Guide
Can someone explain why shes as big as a spartan II? I thought the S4s used the same stuff as the s3s which didnt make them taller?

Woorloog

Banned
So weird this unprecedented level of free DLC is coming from MS of all people. But also so awesome.
Requires Gold... and if it is popular, the future seasons are sure to cost something. Good trade, i think, drawn people in and then make them pay for more, which they will do.

Can someone explain why shes as big as a spartan II? I thought the S4s used the same stuff as the s3s which didnt make them taller?

SIVs do not use the same augmentations as SIIIs necessarily. These haven't been revealed or detailled yet though. EDIT also, i think SIIIs were also a bit taller than normal humans, but not as much as SIIs.
She may have been just tall naturally, Spartan IIs heights varied some.

MrDaravon

This is the first Halo 4 trailer that has actually gotten me super pumped. Only downer is we can't take theater footage like they show in the trailer -_-. At this point Campaign and Spartan Ops are the main drivers for my purchase, I really really hope the netcode is up to par this time, that will make or break it for me.

∀ Narayan;43770665 said:
Oh hi! Just ramming my ship through yours. No big deal or anything.

The fact that the UNSC can do more than go toe-to-toe with the Covenant this time around is awesome.

Well...yeah. The Spirit of Fire can...the Covenant could still rapestomp humanity into extinction if they wanted too, until humanity has Forerunner tech on all of its ships.

Woorloog

Banned
Well...yeah. The Spirit of Fire can...the Covenant could still rapestomp humanity into extinction if they wanted too, until humanity has Forerunner tech on all of its ships.

Actually, no, the Covenant is no more and whatever is left of it does not have enough power to stop the humanity as it is. They don't have ships, they don't have food, they're fighting each other. If they were united, sure, so the capability exists, just barely, but their internal strife prevents this largely.
Glasslands and The Thursday War make this pretty clear.

EDIT i think Halo 4's plot is build upon this partially, i have read foreshadowing right...

LastNac

Damn it! I accidentally entered a date of birth of 02/09/2012.

Now I'm either going to have to wait for a YouTube link or seek out parent's permission...

Halo 4 is 4 years after Halo 3 correct? Glasslands/Thursday war is set how long after Halo 3? I am assuming by now they would have more Forerunner tech on ships other than the UNSC Infinity.

∀ Narayan;43770665 said:
Oh hi! Just ramming my ship through yours. No big deal or anything.

The fact that the UNSC can do more than go toe-to-toe with the Covenant this time around is awesome.

Yup, pretty impressive considering that previously a Covenant ship so much as sneezing at a UNSC ship was enough to tear the UNSC ship apart :D

Top Bottom