• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 - Spartan Ops Season 1 Trailer

I think my hype level is now up to par with the hype level I had for the Bungie games. So pumped, and only a tiny bit in the back of my head remains catious.

My hype is on par with Halo2 which is the highest its ever been in years for a Halo game. Not only that but Halo2 ended up really disappointing me SP wise so there's very little doubt in my mind that this will probably be better than it, online and off. There would have to be a major screw up for me to end up not liking this game from what ive seen so far.

Aside from watching someone fail hilariously several times, I didn't even think about that video (which isn't bad to be fair) as a "trailer" as it's just a 7-minute replay of a match. Not that it's a bad thing, but not what I would consider a trailer or advertisement.

That to me is a lot more exciting than a mounted trailer with very specific footage that is probably "set up". At least thats real and shows me exactly what i can expect.

LowParry

Nice. Really excited for this game. Got it all fully pre-paid. Just need to find me that sweet deal with Gold and I'm good to go.

Muffdraul

Waypoint is such an awful website, fucking link is still loading....

I don't know about the website, but what pisses me off is that whenever a new Halo 4 video comes out, I can't download it from the Halo 4 section of XBL. I can only stream it through Waypoint... where it looks like shit and often I have to deal with buffering bullshit. Fucking lame. Just put them on XBL please, so I can save a high quality version.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I don't know about the website, but what pisses me off is that whenever a new Halo 4 video comes out, I can't download it from the Halo 4 section of XBL. I can only stream it through Waypoint... where it looks like shit and often I have to deal with buffering bullshit. Fucking lame. Just put them on XBL please, so I can save a high quality version.

Yeah I love waypoint but that is annoying. I have all the Halo videos on my Xbox still and yet Halo 4s are not even available.

I dont understand why Waypoint streaming sucks so bad. Other streamed videos are damn good but waypoint often has videos that look like Im streaming youtube on my phone with less than a 3G connection.

MrDaravon

iirc the 11/1 embargo is for everything but campaign, which can't be talked about until 11/6

I'm guessing that's just an embargo on Campaign footage or detailed story beats? If they're allowing reviews to be up 11/1 the reviews would have to include Campaign.

Squire

Banned
That is when the embargo ends for everyone. Also they are not allowed to show video of the campaign. They are allowed to show video of forge and multiplayer tomorrow.

Okay that was close. Not being to review the campaign would've been fishy as fuck.

MrBig

I'm guessing that's just an embargo on Campaign footage or detailed story beats? If they're allowing reviews to be up 11/1 the reviews would have to include Campaign.

Probably; I don't know the specifics.

Are Spartan Ops using the maps from SP/MP or is it completely original content?

Spartan Ops is a full campaign, using original content. Unless at some point the story brings you back to something that happened in the H4 campaign.

Izick

I love this idea of weekly episodic content. I still don't know how it works (I've really tried to stop collecting info on games I know I'm gonna instabuy, so there's some surprises left), meaning if it's DLC, or in the game or what, but damn it am I excited.

Mr.Fresh

Yes MP is a mandatory 8gb install, Spartan Ops requires additional space as each episode is downloaded.

I believe 8, but Im not sure if you can play disc 2 on its own without installation.

You're fucked. 8 gig install for MP and then additional Spartan Ops on top of that.

The MP install is 8GB. It's required. You can use a flash drive :)

Damn. So wait I can install the game to the flash drive?

blamite

No, it is strictly a install disc.

i wonder if would be technically possible to have disc 2 playable by inserting it after being prompted by disc 1, but not when it's launched by itself? So you could go:
Launch Disc 1 > Multiplayer > "please insert Disc 2" > Disc swap > Play Multiplayer
but trying to launch Disc 2 from the dash wouldn't work.

I realize that's not what they're doing, just a thought I had. Maybe this isn't even possible for some reason.

Top Bottom