• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Man guys relax lol. Maybe ADS is optional? It probably doesn't improve accuracy, so you won't be forced to use it, I'd assume.

Having ADS in is a total game design changer. If this is legit then Halo might as well be dead if 343 can't be confident enough to stick to what the Halo formula is always most enjoyed about. They lack the balls to truly make Halo shine for what people loved it for than going for the Call of duty audience.

Frankie you done goofed.

sam777

Im sorry, but you cant be serious.

Beta's these days aren't meant find out if you like primary features like that or not. theyre usually for server tests at the most, or feature TWEAKS.

Betas are mainly for marketing hype, etc.

I would normally agree with you however the beta is out 9 months or more before Halo 5's release, which gives time for changes.

Jackpot

Banned
I'm not a halo fan so my opinion isn't really worth much on this topic, but couldn't you just ignore it?

Destiny didn't really force you to ADS and it worked fine.

odds are, like in most games, "hip firing" will have a massive accuracy penalty to the point of making it impractical.

Aiming down sites is how one properly uses a gun. That's not a COD thing. I don't get why people want the gunplay in Halo stuck in 1997.

ehhhh, it's an approximation of the action of aiming but it doesn't really mimic real life.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I wish I was able to form such definitive opinions from just a couple of seconds of grainy cam. I must just be completely stupid :(

I imagine it's this plus Halo 4. That being said if you didn't tell me that vid was Halo 5, the only thing telling it apart would be the ADS.

jett

D-Member
The proliferation of ADS is one of the worst things that has happened to the shooter genre. What dumb, useless mechanic.

Actually, you know what, I ain't even mad.

We'll have Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer for the rest of this generation, so it's hard to care about Halo 5 continuing down the same road as Reach and 4.

Jedi2016

They are just evolving with times and making it accessible to everyone.
Please understand.
This.

They don't give a fuck about whether the game is good, only that it sells a billion copies and makes all the moneys. So much shit being pumped out by the industry lately.

They kept sprint and added ADS? WTF. So yeah, guess I'll never play another Halo game beyond MCC.

I seriously can't believe that go this direction after the backlash of Halo 4, and they've decided to take it even further. Whatever, at least I'll always have Halo 1,2,3.

Disgusting.

Sou Da

Nothing at all wrong with aiming down the sights. Welcome to 2014.

image.php

Aiming down sites is how one properly uses a gun. That's not a COD thing. I don't get why people want the gunplay in Halo stuck in 1997.

Is pressing X to reload how one "properly" uses a gun as well?

This is a video game dawg, and ADS is a video game mechanic that has never suited Halo.

The Argus

Horribly ignorant question: how is ADS different than say using the BR with scope in Halo 2? Been awhile since I've played a Halo.

Isn't it great how we had to get a leak to reveal massive changes to the core mechanics

Also, 343 saying this halo would go back to basics and then doing the opposite doesnt help

Amir0x

Banned
Don't worry guys the game will get a 95 metacritic and critics will say it is the most engaging multiplayer yet in the series!

Hurray!

Wasn't really expecting sprint to go away (sadly), but ADS? Seriously?

I think it would be pretty awesome if, say 6 months past the launch of H5, the MCC has a higher online population than H5.

As a matter of fact, I think it should be HaloGaf's mission to see to it that this is the case.

BibiMaghoo

Ardent fans of Halo don't need to aim down the sights to 360 BXB some scrubs.

I assume it messes with the feel of it slightly. Halo was one of the last few not to embrace ADS. It honestly doesn't bother me.

If counterstrike had sprint and ADS steam would implode, for good reason. It's what makes counterstrike, counterstrike. The same with Halo. It's an attribute of the game that made it what it was. People don't like when the fundamental parts of games are changed, because it no longer feels like that game.

So it's a throwback to older games, rather than an inherent dislike of the feature? I'd argue CS does have sprint, that's why every player gets out his knife to reach position quickly at round start, it's a substitute, but it makes all the difference. Aiming down sights wouldn't break the game at all, as the spread would be the same, which is where the challenge comes into the game.

iMax

Im sorry, but you cant be serious.

Beta's these days aren't meant find out if you like primary features like that or not. theyre usually for server tests at the most, or feature TWEAKS.

Betas are mainly for marketing hype, etc.

So if you think theyre just gonna say " Hmmm. They don't like ADS. Lets remove it." Im sorry for your impending disappointment.

They've said the reason they're doing it this early is precisely for this reason.

There is exactly one way this can work: no increased accuracy (hipfire just as viable), no decreased speed (no need to choose between moving and shooting), and getting hit still takes you out. If this is really just 100% cosmetic, I can live with it. Otherwise...

Yeah. Halo is dad.

EGM1966

That's a common feature in shooter games, and has been for some time. Why does that bother people exactly?
Guess hardcore Halo MO fans don't want change to classic gameplay model - which ADS and sprint would clearly bring as they do affect play style and arguably weapon balance.

Not horrified myself but if they're making notable changes it could get very interesting if they don't hit home. Last thing MS needs is a Halo on Xbox One that tails off as quickly for online as Halo 4 did on 360.

I guess another angle is it makes title possibly too similar to other games vs being more clearly differentiated.

Assing the clips even valud of course.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
The only thing I can do is buy the shit out of MCC, and try and get everyone I know to buy it as well. And not buy Halo 5. Vote with my wallet.

Great-God

Banned
I don't understand what's the difference between ADS and the zoom in previous Halo games. Sprint doesn't make much of a difference either, especially if it's infinite.
I'd worry about sticky aim, the time it takes to kill someone, making sure there are no perks or level ups, vehicules...

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry guys the game will get a 95 metacritic and critics will say it is the most engaging multiplayer yet in the series!

Hurray!

Prey the Dorito Pope for this glorious score!

IconGrist

So, umm, all this uproar over two features that have been in just about ever other FPS for God knows how long?

I'd ask for an explanation but I doubt the answer would make any more sense.

Mozendo

Generally it upsets people in arena shooters who don't like the speed slowdown that comes with ADS.

Sprint also means you can't fire while moving at top speeds.

It's to make it easier to aim and shoot people by slowing the game down.

I'm just worried if using ADS will be more accurate than hip shooting.

Tagyhag

What a shame.

That's a common feature in shooter games, and has been for some time. Why does that bother people exactly?

Because that's not what Halo is about. Next we'll be putting killstreaks in Counter Strike.

Not every game should play the same, that's why the FPS genre has stagnated for years now, every casual gamer just wants Call of Duty.

JLeack

Banned
You do realize that if they don't add these things, people will view their new game as archaic, right?

This abundance of hyperbole lately is not cool.

Raysod

Banned
ADS means Aiming Down the Sights for the people that don’t know the term…

I hope that this in not true for Halo 5 – or maybe is something that has to do with Agent Locke weaponry that they use in multiplayer…

We will know what’s going on in the Halo 5 beta on December…

Son Of D

As someone who knows next to nothing about FPS games I thought people were talking about advertisements in-game and not aiming down sight.

Top Bottom