• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

Gorillaz

popcorn_2.gif

Pooya

How do you ADS AR? lol or a needler?

That gun looks more like Auto Rifle from Destiny than BR... might as well cut all the covenant guns to make it more like Destiny. That's how clueless they are, I recall people were humoring all this now look!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
odds are, like in most games, "hip firing" will have a massive accuracy penalty to the point of making it impractical.

Surely this would be the game to not impose a penalty to hip firing? It could just be me but it felt like there was almost no penalty in Destiny, and ADS was just personal preference.

bj00rn_

Banned
I thought I was a big Halo fan (since day one) - Until I saw other people's posts in this thread. Glad I was wrong.

The CoD demographic asked for it and 343 obliged.

And obliging them is ruining the series.

Seriously, if people want sprint in MP, there are plenty of other games that offer it. halo doesn't need it and anyone who says it does, isn't someone who should be taken seriously.

Sigh, at least we've got Halo 2 and 3 MP to look forward to.

Clockwork

Halo combat, evolved?

I don't see the problem with incorporating new gameplay mechanics and features. Why should things remain stagnant?

th4tguy

I feel like I can live with sprint and ADS IF they aren't using preloadouts. Halo is all about map control and weapon control. Weapon placements on the map is a huge part of that. Preloadouts ruined that.

Apath

Man, I'm disappointed by the link in the OP as much as everyone else, but people are being awfully hard on 343. From the posts here, you'd think they literally murdered puppies.

Amir0x

Banned
You do realize that if they don't add these things, people will view their new game as archaic, right?

This abundance of hyperbole lately is not cool.

HEY GUYZ IF PEOPLE WANT SHIT, AND THEY DON'T ADD SHIT, PEOPLE WILL SAY WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE THEM SHIT

this argument is terrible JLeack. You design for what works best, not to appease shitlords without skills who never even liked the series to begin with for what it was.

So, umm, all this uproar over two features that have been in just about ever other FPS for God knows how long?

I'd ask for an explanation but I doubt the answer would make any more sense.
You just don't do that shit to Halo. Simple as. No explanation needed.

So, umm, all this uproar over two features that have been in just about ever other FPS for God knows how long?

I'd ask for an explanation but I doubt the answer would make any more sense.

Because it is not every other FPS. It's Halo. I'm all for adding new features, but this ADS is, quite simply put, entirely against what makes Halo Halo, being able to move and shoot with total freedom. No need to choose which to do.

Orayn

Halo combat, evolved?

I don't see the problem with incorporating new gameplay mechanics and features. Why should things remain stagnant?

They should incorporate new features that are good rather than copying others series and incorporating features that are shit.

Aim Down Sights. Wow. Ugh.

-- FYI this is from The Halo Channel which you can DL via MCC. If anyone can get better footage it would be great.

Tambini

its not about evolving the gameplay to modern standards, it slows down the gameplay and the movement, takes up the whole screen and basically turns it into a stand still and shoot contest

Top Bottom