• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 out in the wild. Beware of leaks/spoilers.

Idiots breaking street dates takes all the fun out of spoilers and leaks.

Watching the Legendary ending 3 weeks before launch is lame.

If you get the game early but you don't upload any kind of footage, pictures and spoilers it doesn't matter right?
the only problem here is the people that leak everything.

louiedog

If you get the game early but you don't upload any kind of footage, pictures and spoilers it doesn't matter right?

Yep. Breaking street date puts something in the hands of people who want it. Spreading spoilers in places where they're difficult to avoid does the opposite.

Yeah I got the xb1 and Ryse/dead rising like a week early and posted impressions and some off screen snaps. I know not to ruin the game for people who have been waiting for it for so long.

Back then you couldn't take in game screen shots though so I'm not sure if I can double tap the guide button now and somehow upload those images here on neogaf?

Yeah I got the xb1 and Ryse/dead rising like a week early and posted impressions and some off screen snaps. I know not to ruin the game for people who have been waiting for it for so long.

Back then you couldn't take in game screen shots though so I'm not sure if I can double tap the guide button now and somehow upload those images here on neogaf?

Screenshots and Videos most likely wont be activated until Oct 27

Maybe grab some shots through W10 streaming.

solis74

Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Seriously what kind of question is that?

lmao :)

Yep. Breaking street date puts something in the hands of people who want it. Spreading spoilers in places where they're difficult to avoid does the opposite.

All right thank you, it looks like I will get the game early but I will not upload or say anything about the game

I need the game early for my work which requires a capture card, I will not upload or say anything about the game,
you are right one ex friend told me the fate of Noble team one week before the launch of the game I will never forget that :(

Green Yoshi

There seems to be like a general lack of buzz or hype for this game. I remember Halo 4 being a much bigger deal in 2012.

Is it Destiny and Battlefront stealing all the FPS thunder this year?
People remember how fast the number of players decreased in Halo 4 multiplayer and what a mess Halo MCC was. Where is the hype for AC Syndicate? Same problem. All I hear is how excited people are about Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront and Rise of the Tomb Raider.

A post expressing an opinion and yet spoiling nothing...

Anyway, I guess I am done with this thread. I genuinely hope you all enjoy Halo 5. I do enjoy the Halo games, but not for the story.

You were being reductive and snarky in that opinion. This the first Halo game I don't play at launch.. Feeling a bit burned out from the series I guess. I don't mind story spoilers it's something I play co op with my brother so someday soon we will.

You were being reductive and snarky in that opinion. This the first Halo game I don't play at launch.. Feeling a bit burned out from the series I guess. I don't mind story spoilers it's something I play co op with my brother so someday soon we will.
Burned out? It's been three years since Halo 4.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Yep as I said in the gold thread, I have a feeling the Australian console could come with a disc copy. I only really base this on the fact that the 1TB MCC bundles which are digital codes in the US, were disc based when they came out here.

Maybe it's just some wishful thinking on my part.

The only thing I want to see from this is the Achievement list. I'm addicted to getting every single Halo achievement, besides Halo Wars...... Has the achievement list been posted anywhere yet? I am out of town and I haven't seen it when Ive looked.

Madness

I know the guy when I pre-ordered my game. He was saying something about me picking it up early if I wanted. Probably implied that I'd give him some cash for his trouble, but he did say they would get the game a week before launch. I should go there, ask if it's in stock, try and get it early. I don't wanna be banned though especially as day one patch wouldn't be out.

I know the guy when I pre-ordered my game. He was saying something about me picking it up early if I wanted. Probably implied that I'd give him some cash for his trouble, but he did say they would get the game a week before launch. I should go there, ask if it's in stock, try and get it early. I don't wanna be banned though especially as day one patch wouldn't be out.

I dont see a reason why MIcrosoft would bann someone that has a legit copy.

I got Halo 4, 4-6 days early and nothing happened. It was even possible to play online already.

No, I know it was an M. I'm saying with the brutality of Gears or hell even something like Manhunt, how did Halo ever end up with the M. It really doesn't matter I just have always found it interesting with how minimal Halo's violence has been that it would get an M.

I remember reading that halo CE was going to be rated T but then the flood pushed it up to M. and halo 4 has someone getting
reduced to a skeleton.

no idea for reach. huge blood splatters probably?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

Journalists, developers, testers, etc. are playing. I bet they could tell if they wanted to or just shut the servers down.

I remember Dark Souls, before it was released, had phantoms in the world to prevent early players

Ascenion

Well I wasn't expecting this until the 20th, as I knew some employee that didn't give a fuck or didn't know better would sell a disc copy along with the LCE and consoles, but I'm not too surprised. Good job on the T rating as well. Halo was never deserving of the M it's always had until now. I look at Halo and then God of War or Gears or GTA and yeah they aren't remotely on the same level imo.

Got Halo 4 about 5 days before launch, played online used my legit LE code and everything was fine. Hopefully I can get the same thing for Halo 5.

But if this is real, it's time to go dark for me in terms of Halo

Madness

Guys, it isn't a leak, it is a store delivery. Look at the pile on the left.
cmSo5dsh.jpg

Yeah, this looks to be just some fan employee at the store who got the shipment in and who wanted to share what it looks like. Unlike for Halo 4 where some workers in Mexico took some discs off the production line and had opened games and showed them playing the game, getting achievements.

I haven't completed a Halo game since 3, but I have this pre-ordered. I have no clue where the story is and don't care to be honest. It's nice not to be worried about leaks for once.

I was told dealers get their delivery on october 22nd, it's insane that they are already delivering the game to dealers - this is exactly how you get the game leaked. and 343i did an awesome job in not telling us what Halo 5 is all about (beside John vs Locke + mysterious forerunner stuff) yet.

Glass

Yeah I don't understand why it's been sent out over 2 weeks before the launch. Unless thats normal, but if so, it seems like a strange practice in an age where everything is so shareable.

Top Bottom