• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Campaign Overview (October 25th - 6am PT / 9am ET / 3pm CET)

R6Rider

Gold Member
Good News Yes GIF by Bounce

YukiOnna

The Banished have defeated UNSC forces and taken control of the mysterious Zeta Halo, threatening the survival of humankind. When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief returns to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Here’s a fresh look at the Halo Infinite campaign that introduces players to true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching on December 8 2021.

I'm doubling down on it from the Youtube description.

clarky

Gold Member
"The Banished have defeated UNSC forces and taken control of the mysterious Zeta Halo, threatening the survival of humankind. When all hope is lost and humanity’s fate hangs in the balance, the Master Chief returns to confront the most ruthless foe he’s ever faced. Here’s a fresh look at the Halo Infinite campaign that introduces players to true Spartan freedom in the biggest, most wide open and adventure-filled Halo experience yet, launching on December 8 2021."

Finally. Tomorrow!!!!! HYPE. Rooting for Craig.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Slightly off topic, but "Craig" is a brilliant text book example of "don't look here, look over there!" deflection that even China would be proud of.

MS could see Halo being ripped to shreds about it, so they coined the name "Craig" to redirect all the memes away from "Halo". It was so obvious to me what they were doing.

It worked so well that I read an article recently from a huge publication, it was one of the big sites (can't remember the name) which said Craig was a name coined by the community. Ha. I remember reading this thinking: you fuckers are so easily manipulated. No wonder the politicians run circles all over you.

Anyway I can't wait for this game! I've never played a Halo campaign but played the shit out of the multiplayer modes. I might give this campaign a shot once co-op hits.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but "Craig" is a brilliant text book example of "don't look here, look over there!" deflection that even China would be proud of.

MS could see Halo being ripped to shreds about it, so they coined the name "Craig" to redirect all the memes away from "Halo". It was so obvious to me what they were doing.

It worked so well that I read an article recently from a huge publication, it was one of the big sites (can't remember the name) which said Craig was a name coined by the community. Ha.

Anyway I can't wait for this game! I've never played a Halo campaign but played the shit out of the multiplayer modes. I might give this campaign a shot once co-op hits.

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

It's a joke. 😄

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I'm cautiously optimistic for this even though I'll wait a couple months for coop to be added. Hopefully they don't fuck it up.

It worked so well that I read an article recently from a huge publication, it was one of the big sites (can't remember the name) which said Craig was a name coined by the community. Ha. I remember reading this thinking: you fuckers are so easily manipulated. No wonder the politicians run circles all over you.

wtf is this cynicism.

The name craig was made up by someone on a Facebook Halo fan page. Why is this some conspiracy lmao you have to chill out

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'm looking forward to it. I'm guessing this will be simply a solid trailer since we already had the downgrade of the last trailer to temper expectations, plus I don't think they want a repeat of Craig no matter how good the marketing has been for halo because of it.

Arun1910

Not trying to be ignorant, legit question.

I have never played the Halo Campaigns but from what I gather from the Halo community is that 343i created pretty mediocre Campaign stories for 4 and 5 and they weren't on the same level as Bungies.

Has something changed with whoever is leading the Campaign stories? Or are people just hyped because it's a new main entry?

Edit: Thanks for the replies, question pretty much answered.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I have never played the Halo Campaigns but from what I gather from the Halo community is that 343i created pretty mediocre Campaign stories for 4 and 5 and they weren't on the same level as Bungies.

Has something changed with whoever is leading the Campaign stories? Or are people just hyped because it's a new main entry?
4 was all right. 5 was legitimately the wrong direction and they basically are ignoring that for the foreseeable future and handling this one differently. On the bright side, Joseph Staten from the original trilogy took over as 'Campaign Project Lead' upon the announcement of the delay and has been working on it since.

It's cautious optimism on my end, but I can at least trust the game design of the campaign should be good.

thatJohann

I’m a bit confused.

Is the entire Halo Infinite game including both SP and MP out on December 8 except campaign co-op? Or is it just SP coming December 8? Can someone clarify?

clarky

Gold Member

I wouldn't say mediocre per say just not upto Bungies efforts. Still fairly solid FPS's

And yes they brought in Joseph Staten after that E3 reveal, hes been involved in Halo since the start and was the main man on ODST.

Edit: Didn't see Yuki's post.

Last edited:

Artistic

4 had one of the better campaigns in the series.

Arun1910

4 was all right. 5 was legitimately the wrong direction and they basically are ignoring that for the foreseeable future and handling this one differently. On the bright side, Joseph Staten from the original trilogy took over as 'Campaign Project Lead' upon the announcement of the delay and has been working on it since.

It's cautious optimism on my end, but I can at least trust the game design of the campaign should be good.
Hmm, hopefully his influence that late in the game can get the series back on track. Was thinking of hopping into the MCC on PC at some point but I really like good storytelling. Think I'll wait for reviews on this and if they're good, download all the games

Top Bottom