• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Campaign Overview (October 25th - 6am PT / 9am ET / 3pm CET)

You guys are funny.
It looks nice but it's Halo, I feel like this is Xbox's marquee franchise and it's not the "looker" it could've been. Compared to Horizon:FW, that is a looker and is also open world. I don't agree with those that like to say "halo was never that amazing graphically". That's such a false notion. When Halo 1 came out it was the most impressive looking game between ps2 and xbox. Halo 2 was as well. Halo 3 was also one of the very best looking games when it came out, perhaps only bested by Gears, Uncharted 2, and Ratchet ps3 and Killzone 3(pretty sure it came out before uc2, kz and Ratchet though. Halo 4 was also one of the best looking games.

It was only Reach and Halo 5 (due to being 60 fps) that Halo wasn't at the top of the visuals bar. Those games were no slouched though. I don't think Infinite looks bad by any stretch, I would put it in a similar category to Reach and H5. I do think for being the flagship game on the extremely powerful Series X, that it's missing the wow factor of the best looking games though.

If it was only on Series S and X, this would've been the perfect game for Ray traced GI, with that Sci fi setting. Could've been amazing looking. They definitely improved it though and it looks very nice.

Darkone

I think it gives only the Multiplayer mode.

Edit: Checked the web page of the game i think its with campaign.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

The challenges of getting a series X, its cost as well are significant hurdles compared to what you faced in obtaining all the previous other Halo's till now, back then it was more straight-forward...

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
6bKOAhu.jpg
TmOOuBM.jpg

" BUt ThAtS CgI" not realizing Halo uses in game for cutscenes (besides anniversary games)
You're comparing CGI versus CGI tho.
And you ignored the part in his post about how "cutscenes" in Halo(apart from the anniversary edition cutscenes by Blur) are rendered in engine. Hence they can be modded as well.

In Halo Reach Noble 6 will reflect your armor customizations in the cutscenes.

Lognor

Banned
Rivet Rivet gonna Rivet.
Too scared to actually post anything so they mass react to anything you say thats positive about Xbox.
m9rbf9S.jpg

I dont know how to force people NOT to react cuz Rivet has on multiple occasions gotten my notifications into the double digits and miss legitimate reactions and quotes.
He just did the same thing to me. Literally reacted to a dozen posts of mine with triggered. What a sad bloke

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
He just did the same thing to me. Literally reacted to a dozen posts of mine with triggered. What a sad bloke
Of all the console warriors on the board Rivet Rivet is actually the saddest of them.
Atleast the others have the balls to post their opinions.
Rivet just reacts anytime you say something even remotely positive about Xbox.

I literally wonder why they bother entering Xbox threads at all.

John117

Yesterday It was arrived my Xbox Serie X Halo Edition, It's amazing, seriously. I think that it's one the best console limited in my life and it has a wonderful packaging. So, I think that Halo Infinite will be funny and good for the graphics. But I think also that Infinite was better only Serie X/S and PC. Imagine Halo not cross gen. IA, 4K,60 FPS, RayTracing, More details for texture and also.. I'm so sorry that it's cross gen

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Yesterday It was arrived my Xbox Serie X Halo Edition, It's amazing, seriously. I think that it's one the best console limited in my life and it has a wonderful packaging. So, I think that Halo Infinite will be funny and good for the graphics. But I think also that Infinite was better only Serie X/S and PC. Imagine Halo not cross gen. IA, 4K,60 FPS, RayTracing, More details for texture and also.. I'm so sorry that it's cross gen
They always promised this for Xbox One. Even before the E3 2018 trailer

This is not a Halo 5 trailer. These events were supposed to have happened after Halo 5. They were probably scrapped but still

Last edited:

John117

They always promised this for Xbox One. Even before the E3 2018 trailer

This is not a Halo 5 trailer. These events were supposed to have happened after Halo 5. They were probably scrapped but still

Your suppose is that there's a bridge between that trailer and Halo Infinite?

Your suppose is that there's a bridge between that trailer and Halo Infinite?

I certainly believe so. Even Chief's visor was cracked in that same trailer after Locke broke his visor in their fight. That said, certain things have changed since his visor is fixed now, but you get the idea. There's definitely likely a connection.

Last edited:

John117

I certainly believe so. Even Chief's visor was cracked in that same trailer after Locke broke his visor in their fight. That said, certain things have changed since his visor is fixed now, but you get the idea. There's definitely likely a connection.
Very interesting your suppose, very very interesting.

Top Bottom