• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

tKFTc2Y.png

please be fake

fake because the hud (look at the shield bar) is completely wrong.

Booshka

You learn to live with the pain and maintain hope for the future, not only for your own sanity, but for the greater good of the Halo fanbase. CE fans like us are needed, brother.
.. gaydar and all

I can understand the disappointment, but a CE fan to not support this if he/she has the necessary disposable income is borderline fraudulent.

lol, chalk me up as a fraud then. I don't have the funds now, but I wasn't planning on getting an Xbone soon anyway, rather upgrade my PC a bit or buy a PS4 for Bloodborne.

Halo CE is the only reason I would buy the MCC, and even if it was impeccable, I still am not rich enough to buy a new console and the game just for Halo CE.

If the 2 player split screen is good on Halo CE on MCC and it plays well online, then I could maybe convince my friend to go halfs on the console and game, since we would be playing side to side anyway. Then just loan it back and forth when we aren't playing Halo on it.

I like Shadowrun more than CE anyway. ; )

CyReN

It unlocks by timezone at midnight I believe, just search "remaking" in the xbox video store. UK/Australia/etc should be good to go.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It unlocks by timezone at midnight I believe, just search "remaking" in the xbox video store. UK/Australia/etc should be good to go.
I'm not planning on plugging my Xbox back in till right before MCC releases. I wish I could watch it online. Someone youtube asap pls thx <3

-Ryn

Banned
It would be great if for just a couple of pages we all started listing off things we love about Halo. You never know it may help us get to a better Halo 5.
I love the vast amount of experiences the game has to offer. I've played countless custom games in Halo 3 and the sheer amount of customization that you had was awesome. There was something there for most anyone to enjoy. Then there's stuff like firefight, Easter eggs in the campaign, and being able to get out of the map so you could explore levels. A lot of good times have been had.

The vehicles are awesome fun. Especially when there are multiple flying vehicles like the Hornet and Falcon to combat the Bamshee. Warthogs are kickass. Mongooses are straight up fun to ride. Ghosts splatter everything and Scorpions feel like God slamming his car door. It's a hell of a selection and there's still more!

Then there's the guns and grenades and the unique health system. Just so much to enjoy. The maps (still waiting for a map with rain). The buttloads of game types. Theater and Forge!

Halo is a hell of a series. It's got a lot of stuff that many people can just enjoy which is why it's gained such a huge community. There's something there for everyone so if you don't like one thing then hey, there's a lot of other options for you. Which is why I really hope that whatever Halo 5 brings to the table, it does it's best to offer as much as it can. Old and new.

sp3000

shit i just saw that earlier. well damn. that looks too unprofessional to be real. how could anyone at the studio believe that fov is acceptable?

Because 343 is a B tier incompetent studio that has outsourced most of the development of MCC to Sabre Interactive and Certain Affinity.

And it shows in everything from being too lazy to modify the splitscreen FoV to match the original Xbox to the awful stock city image thrown into the background of High Charity.

Because, you know, 90 percent of players won't notice, so therefore who cares!

CliQ

I love the vast amount of experiences the game has to offer. I've played countless custom games in Halo 3 and the sheer amount of customization that you had was awesome. There was something there for most anyone to enjoy. Then there's stuff like firefight, Easter eggs in the campaign, and being able to get out of the map so you could explore levels. A lot of good times have been had.

The vehicles are awesome fun. Especially when there are multiple flying vehicles like the Hornet and Falcon to combat the Bamshee. Warthogs are kickass. Mongooses are straight up fun to ride. Ghosts splatter everything and Scorpions feel like God slamming his car door. It's a hell of a selection and there's still more!

Then there's the guns and grenades and the unique health system. Just so much to enjoy. The maps (still waiting for a map with rain). The buttloads of game types. Theater and Forge!

Halo is a hell of a series. It's got a lot of stuff that many people can just enjoy which is why it's gained such a huge community. There's something there for everyone so if you don't like one thing then hey, there's a lot of other options for you. Which is why I really hope that whatever Halo 5 brings to the table, it does it's best to offer as much as it can. Old and new.

This does a great job at capturing some of the best things that makes Halo. Maps with weather effects (especially in forge) would be pretty amazing!

Good stuff

Because 343 is a B tier incompetent studio that has outsourced most of the development of MCC to Sabre Interactive and Certain Affinity.

And it shows in everything from being too lazy to modify the splitscreen FoV to match the original Xbox to the awful stock city image thrown into the background of High Charity.

Because, you know, 90 percent of players won't notice, so therefore who cares!

i may throw backhanded jabs at 343 but i would never call them incompetent. calm down, you're not going to get anywhere with an attitude like that (i know)

-Ryn

Banned
This does a great job at capturing some of the best things that makes Halo. Maps with weather effects (especially in forge) would be pretty amazing!

Good stuff
There's a lot to love. I'm still holding out hope for day/night cycle customization and some form of weather control. Make it happen 343!!

RoKKeR

Recently, if you frequent the interwebz, you may have gotten a sneak peek at some high-quality achievement images from Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Today, we’re excited to announce that every single unlocked achievement will also be represented by a high quality image from the new Halo 2 cinematics, unreleased concept art, level images, or a Terminal frame. This will allow you to take advantage of the new Xbox One feature that allows you to change your background, and we suggest that you don your achievement wallpapers proudly.

Oh hell yes.

Although I hope they all don't have those black borders... it'd look sort of weird with the XBO tiles.

Oh hell yes.

Although I hope they all don't have those black borders... it'd look sort of weird with the XBO tiles.

Yeah, the backgrounds work best when they extend to the top and bottom of the screen. Gives you a sense of the image behind the tiles. Maybe if they implement tile transparency next update it'd work better.

CliQ

There's a lot to love. I'm still holding out hope for day/night cycle customization and some form of weather control. Make it happen 343!!

It would be cool if they had water objects too. Like a small medium and large cube of water.

CliQ

a cool idea but how would you handle player interaction? would the player get a blurry screen? would they slow down if they walk through it?

Well I'm no developer but I would assume it would work the same as water works now in Halo.

It would just be another way to give your maps more flare.

-Ryn

Banned
It would be cool if they had water objects too. Like a small medium and large cube of water.
If we could create areas of water that'd be god damn amazing. Halo 3 was originally going to have a water vehicle so imagine the possibilities. CTF on a map with 2 islands or maybe one big island with a lake in the middle. Or invasion with some kind of water element in as one of the obstacles.

If water physics returned you could create water falls. They've already opened the doors for map creation since we can actually shape landscapes now. Weather, day/night cycles, and water creation. This would be incredible.

CliQ

Man I just thought that if they could make water cubes and you could make it so the soccer ball floats on top of the water then maybe you could have a halo version of water polo with the gravity hammers. Haha what a thought.

Top Bottom