• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I'm interested in this water idea. HOw would munitions interact with it?

Well, if they got super technical about it, they could do some real-world physics stuff. Faster projectiles breaking up faster and whatnot, so the sniper would actually have the worst penetration. Plasma weapons would throw up a cloud of steam, possibly even enough to be used as cover. Rockets... I dunno. Maybe have it submerge a little, then blow up? Big spout.

CliQ

If they made the water like how it is now then it would just shoot right through without slowing the bullets.

I guess we are going under the assumption that the water would have its own physics.

-Ryn

Banned
I'd imagine they could still work depending on the type. Explosives would probably have a dampened blast radius but direct content will still kick your ass. If a grenade hit the water I think that'd set off the timer. Frag would just make a big blast of water and plasmas would create a steam blast.

The gravity hammer could create a wave of sorts. The water wouldn't be extremely deep but I think the depth of water would only need to be about 10 feet deep. That'd be enough for a boat right? Players could realistically be fine in that as well.

Bullets would still shoot through the water. Depending on the depth of the water it would eventually stop I guess. If there was a waterfall it wouldn't have any effect.

Well, if they got super technical about it, they could do some real-world physics stuff. Faster projectiles breaking up faster and whatnot, so the sniper would actually have the worst penetration. Plasma weapons would throw up a cloud of steam, possibly even enough to be used as cover. Rockets... I dunno. Maybe have it submerge a little, then blow up? Big spout.
This is good

Karl2177

Emblem unlocks tied to in-game actions... Blech.

Emblems have been a core piece of player identity since Halo 2. Halo 4 pushed emblems to a piece of the progression system. This defeats the main purpose of the emblem, which is that it is the most basic form of player identity. Halo 2 introduced emblems as a way of identifying and recognizing certain players online. Max Hoberman says in a Halo 2 Behind the Scenes video, “You’re just an anonymous nobody, unless we build ways for you to create an identity for yourself there.” Halo 4 forced players to be the same at the start, so everyone was an anonymous nobody. In order to give everyone a unique identity on day one, all basic emblems should be unlocked. For the few that are locked, they should be publicly shown and have their unlock requirements displayed. Emblems that are locked would be considered a trophy emblem, like a legendary campaign emblem or an emblem for completing the progression system.

At least they listened to one aspect of showing the unlock requirements.

Cow

Just wondering, why was H2A restricted to 6 remade maps, did they say why?

My brother just came in and said "Halo 2 Anniversary looks pretty good, sucks that theres only 6 maps though". He's about as casual as it comes for Halo, and if he's disappointed about that surely there are a lot more out there. I told him about forge but 3-4 more developer made maps would have been perfect.

Gets me thinking that surely there will be another 6 maps as DLC.

CliQ

My brother just came in and said "Halo 2 Anniversary looks pretty good, sucks that theres only 6 maps though". He's about as casual as it comes for Halo, and if he's disappointed about that surely there are a lot more out there. I told him about forge but 3-4 more developer made maps would have been perfect.

These maps are considered bonus content and a special remembrance of Halo 2. There was probably a restriction of time on this and also a priority to continue work on Halo 5.

The last part assumes that CA is doing some
Work on Halo 5.

I don't think they have any DLC planned for H2A. They are full steam ahead on Guardians. And I bet some of the maps not adapted for h2a will get remade in Guardians per Midship already shown.

Onikaan

Max sort of explained in the new documentary there was no way they could do more than 6 maps. He also said it was more likely they could only do 4. They must have tried real hard and squeezed a few more in.

Japarican

Banned
Does anyone know why I can't load waypoint? Different browsers don't even work as well. Forgot I can see waypoint on xbone too, right? I'm gonna go check that out

Does anyone know why I can't load waypoint? Different browsers don't even work as well. Forgot I can see waypoint on xbone too, right? I'm gonna go check that out

post-16780-have-you-tried-forcing-an-unex-uQSY.gif

nillapuddin

Aww disappointment. Thought they woulda revamped stat tracking. Really not a fan of how the stat page works on old waypoint.

https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Tawpgun/home

Hope they make the MCC and Halo 5 stats easier to navigate

tbh I didn't expect old stats to be any different.

I just figured they did a straight port of all legacy stats and we will have a fully featured and redesigned method of displaying stats for MCC +

Not to mention the 'lip' on the gutter of HEH is gone, which was removed in the PC version.

It's already been fairly obvious that this is based on the PC version. The shitty teleporters are a dead giveaway. I really wish they fixed that. The original teleporters are so much better.

XBOX

Teleporter..png

PC

imvu_halo_ce_blood_gulch_teleporters_by_jordanlolqwerty-d5l8rwm.png

Booshka

"if he/she has the necessary disposable income" lol

I was joking anyway, but I'm not now when I say that hurts ;'[ -- You know CE is factually superior.

CE is the best 2v2 and 1v1 MP FPS on Consoles.

I just like 4v4 and 6v6 way more in Shadowrun, it's also more fun on an individual level (Teleport)

8v8 BTB is amazing on CE as well.

ZalinKrow

That documentary was really cool. Love seeing footage of the work that goes into it all. The whole collection actually being a thing is still nuts to me, such an ambitious undertaking. It was a nice surprise too that the doc came out tonight as I had no idea when it was actually planned to release lol.

So hyped for this damn gaaaame.

MouldyK

After watching most of the Documentary and smiling all the way through it due to memories, I got 2 main things out of it.

- Dedication.

And more importantly:

- Passion.

343i and everyone involved in the production of this collection seem like they really care about the Franchise as much as us fans do.

It's really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside and if they can show this level of Passion and Dedication for the next 365 days or whatever leaving to Halo 5, I believe they will go a long way of redeeming themselves, and the Halo Franchise, in everyone's eyes.

EDIT: Kiki just said "Dedication" and "Passion" near the end, so at least they think the same way I do!

I want to be there in 1 year's time queuing up in London for Halo 5 with like-minded fans, even when I have downloaded a copy already.

343i: For the love of God and HaloGaf, please don't fuck this up again.

EDIT 2: No "Special Thanks" to Bungie? Ice Cold, 343i.

Sephzilla

blue cortana in halo 2 still doesnt sit well with me in an annoying nitpicky way.

i actually liked how she transitioned from purple to blue over the course of the series

Guys I made a voice over cameo in the documentary,you can hear me scream "Coag!" when they were talking about announcing Coagulation at RTX.

I got dem nerd tears tho.

Top Bottom