• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

jem0208

I'd love to share custom gametypes with all you guys? I imagine there's gotta be some classics between all of us here.

One that was ALWAYS popular on Halo 3 for our guys was BPEDTS (pronounced Beepeds)

Bonus Points Extra Damage Team Slayer.

Primary Weapon - BR
Secondary Weapon - Brute Shot

Weapons on Map - Human Sniper only.

Speed - 110%
Damage - 110% (Bringing the BR to a guaranteed 4 shot kill)

Extra points were awarded for various actions, such as multikills, headshots/noscopes, sticks, melees etc.

Play to 250 points for the win. Best played on The Pit.

Good times.

The greatest gametype of all time: Pink Snipers.

I made this when I was like 10.

Basic rule set is deathmatch, generally we didn't bother playing with a kill limit. We played with a time limit.

- Primary Weapon - Sniper (obviously)

- No secondary weapon

- No weapons on map

- Recharging grenades

This is where it gets interesting...

Movement speed = 300%

Gravity = 50%

No shields

Minimum damage resistance

And finally, to explain the Pink in the name: Spartan colour is forced as pink.

We also occasionally enforced the gentleman's rule of no scoping.

I've spent probably about 10-20 hours playing this game mode. It is amazing. Because you run so fast and have so little gravity, hitting a tiny bump will send you flying into the air. Which is a bad thing because in the air you are a sitting duck, waiting to be sniped. The thing is you can also never stop moving as you'll quickly be sniped by someone far off who's weaving about at max speed.

This gamemode was incredible on Sandtrap and Last Resort. Most fun I've had on Halo other than on infection.

If we start doing custom games on the MCC we have to play this.

Mix

Halo 3: Max speed, low gravity, insta-gib plasma pistols, no other weapons anywhere, big map. Go.

Back when it first came out (and still now because nostalgia) me and my little brother created "Tag" where it was an honor system, starting weapons were the Energy Sword and Gravity Hammer, Max speed, lowest gravity, on Sandtrap and we would run around and try to tag each other. Oh, and plasma grenades because it was hilarious.

Impala26

For all the crap that Reach gets, I still think it had the most fun custom games. The custom game options plus the tremendous amount of Forge options allowed for imaginations to soar. Hopefully, the H2A Forge/Customs palette equals or even surpasses it.

I played WAYYY too much time in the Reach Action Sack playlist. My all-time favorites still were:

Hockey
HALO Ball (the uncaged version)
Dino Blasters

Halo 4's palette was just not up to snuff with Reach's imo. However, the 343-created custom gametype Binary Slayer was pretty damn good and fun actually.

AlStrong

Not a fan of the helioskrill, but the others look great.

ODST has a weird body.

Suweeeeet!

Tone down the shiny (and I think Frankie said a while back that they amped that up for those renders, so that's probably already taken care of) and those are just about perfect.

Yeah, there's the disclaimer written there that the material (shading, I assume)) aren't final.

Here's a couple of favourite action-sack-style game-types from my many LANs.

1) "Wheelman" on "To the Wheelcave".

This is a game I created in Reach back in 2011.

It's essentially king of the 'hog, with a few interesting features.

Here's some gameplay.

2) "Shoot the Pink"

This game-type was born in Halo 3, it's kind of a variant of Duck hunt except it was spawned before (at least I) knew Duck Hunt was a thing.

It's essentially one guy spawning with a sniper on a platform in the sky, and everyone else, pink, in a box which opens into a circular/square obstacle track that leads around the sniper, ultimately leading to a power-up and weapons that enable the pinks to kill the sniper. The sniper must take them out (1HK) before they can get here. Additionally, each pink only gets one life, no respawns until the next round, so a lot of time for snacking is guaranteed.

Unfortunately I don't have any videos available.

Madness

Isn't MkVI a lot heavier and more expensive than GEN II armor? It isn't useless, but it's inferior compared to GEN II.

So why not keep the existing design of the MK VI and make it GEN2? At least they've now canonized that like the MK V, the MK VI classic look exists in the universe and wasn't overwritten by the GEN2 look. Now they just need to explain how Chief got it.

I also don't know how the myriad of old armors from Reach and 4 wouldn't be considered obsolete either? But that's semantics I guess. So we need to satisfy the requirements before beta is up?

More reassurance that it looks a bit better in game for people who are skeptical:

10731181_10203177035810957_7095993585735229449_n.jpg

Madness

Now imagine the Halo 4 darker green color and texturing on that new MK VI GEN1 model. Definitely going to be using that for sure. Those high res versions look sweet. Can't wait to see what Halo 5 will actually be like. Especially if they can hit the visual fidelity they want while keeping 60FPS as a target.

Keith David as the Arbiter is A++++ in my book.

Now imagine the Halo 4 darker green color and texturing on that new MK VI GEN1 model. Definitely going to be using that for sure. Those high res versions look sweet. Can't wait to see what Halo 5 will actually be like. Especially if they can hit the visual fidelity they want while keeping 60FPS as a target.

I'm really excited. Can't wait to see it next weekend (I know it's going to be an extremely early unpolished build, but I still think H5 is gonna look phenomenal.)

IDK I kinda like them shiny like that for multiplayer.

Yep, really helps with Target Acquisition so they do not blend in with the environment too much

Omni

Armour looks nice

Will be interested to see how they look in game. I wonder how it'll all compare to Halo 2 Anniversay. They're using a new engine, right?

Mix

So did y'all notice no honeycombs on the bodysuit? HELL YES!

Welp, top of the page again, might as well include a cool image for everyone
1414772406-halo5armorunlock-1414714456447-1280w.jpg

Also, the Scarred Mark VI variation looks badass.

So did y'all notice no honeycombs on the bodysuit? HELL YES!

Welp, top of the page again, might as well include a cool image for everyone
1414772406-halo5armorunlock-1414714456447-1280w.jpg

Also, the Scarred Mark VI variation looks badass.

Kind of shows how much of a hopeless geek I am, but this makes me pumped! LOL

Thanks for pointing that out Mix.

BTW, for some reason the green accent on the bottom of the AR grip just looks awesome to me.

Top Bottom