• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Booties

Banned
So did y'all notice no honeycombs on the bodysuit? HELL YES!

Welp, top of the page again, might as well include a cool image for everyone
1414772406-halo5armorunlock-1414714456447-1280w.jpg

Also, the Scarred Mark VI variation looks badass.

Is that a Spartan variant of the Arbiter Armor? That's awesome. Why did it take so long to think of that idea?

Yup! I noticed. They took out basically everything I disliked about the H4 armors. The bodysuit is back to being an unobtrusive background, and everything looks firmly attached. But, at the same time, they look just as mobile and flexible as the H4 Spartans, so nothing was lost. It's really just about perfect.

I have a feeling maybe the honeycomb isn't there because these aren't final renders of the models? As stated in the previous page, the armor isn't final and will be less shiny with more texture. Same thing could happen to the bodysuit. I hope they don't add them though.

Yup! I noticed. They took out basically everything I disliked about the H4 armors. The bodysuit is back to being an unobtrusive background, and everything looks firmly attached. But, at the same time, they look just as mobile and flexible as the H4 Spartans, so nothing was lost. It's really just about perfect.

Totally agree. This is just absolutely fantastic work by 343.

I like how they sticked with using some assets from H2A for the armor
Halo-2-Anniversary-Zanzibar-Screenshot-3.jpg

Armour looks nice

Will be interested to see how they look in game. I wonder how it'll all compare to Halo 2 Anniversay. They're using a new engine, right?

Define "new". Each Halo game has been forks of the same code-base with new assets, scripts, etc. Obviously some degree of code is re-written from project to project but it makes no sense to drop the engine entirely.

More reassurance that it looks a bit better in game for people who are skeptical:

10731181_10203177035810957_7095993585735229449_n.jpg

I was just about to poke fun at how shiny they looked...

Glad to hear they'll look more weathered. I want to see dirt, blood, cracks, the works. I also wouldn't mind real time deformation. Imagine the armour taking real time damage from the needler or from a grenade?

LAWD!

RoKKeR

Kinda tough with the shiny bits and details being squished into so small a space.

YDMDXBD.jpg

Yeah good point, well I'll roll with this for a while I guess. Thanks man.

Also I'm watching the documentary now... holy shit, I can't believe Marty through together the theme in like a weekend. Also nice to see him and Joe Staten here.

Also I'm watching the documentary now... holy shit, I can't believe Marty through together the theme in like a weekend. Also nice to see him and Joe Staten here.

I can't get the darn video player to work.

AlStrong

Messed around a bit with the saturation:

desaturated (less crazy red on the left)

pn0Mnce.jpg

I think it was confirmed this is a new NEW engine, maybe like 94% new.

That would be very surprising.

This type of talk is ambiguous at best, as engine seems to be used as an all encompassing term for physics, AI, rendering/lighting, etc. Halo uses a bunch of middleware, for example Havok for Physics and AI. There's no way they're scrapping that.

Plus, if they ditch 94% of the code-base there's no way Halo 5 will "feel like Halo".

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
IDK I kinda like them shiny like that for multiplayer.
I don't like them THAT shiny, but there's something about the idea of the Spartans looking like plastic toy figures that really appeals to me. I think it's just more "gamey" and takes itself a little less seriously, while still looking really cool. I love how the H2A Chief looks for that reason.

Top Bottom