• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Fuchsdh

Yeah, i guess. It is just the size of the force, plus the cost, that make wonder about the diversity. It makes sense yet it doesn't make sense. Of course, just like Battletech runs on FASAnomics (economics in BT don't make any sense), Halo likely runs on Halonomics.

I wonder if we'll ever see Mjolnir Mark VII as Halsey imagined it, with shields that can be shaped (wings, parafoils, etc.) and other neat capabilities.
No comment on how that would affect gameplay.

EDIT Halo 4 Mark VI (MP version) like shoulder pads look terrible. But whatever, i want the Chief's Halo 4 armor for Halo 5 multiplayer.

Well, Halo 4 is the first time when having all the different armor SKUs made more sense. There'd been five years since the war, the Spartans are their own full-blown branch. Whereas in Halo: Reach—they've got essentially unique armor for a bunch of Spartan IIIs?

That Halo 2 documentary was pretty damn cool.

Anyways, the armor. Looks good, but..

Something isn't resonating with me. I know the in game models will be a little more worn, and that's great. But the shiny bits look more like the outside of a car, rather than something more sturdy. The actual texture and reflectivity needs a bit more hardness and grit IMO, something to make it more like an ultra shiny tank rather than a new car. I'm all for ultra shiny armor, just less smooth.

I always loved the Halo 3 Beta armor texture:

ks7hxCt.jpg

But something true to this would be amazing:

NV2iH1K.jpg

belushy

Banned
Armor does look good, but where the gameplay, tho

Sorry for the late reply, but can't seem to find a bigger version of it. The only one we have now is that one tucked under the IGN source code.

edit: I kind of wish they would have chose a different area to shop the armors over. Maybe something will actually show the scale of the Spartans in comparison to the map. Should have done it on the UNSC beta map, too, because I can't really tell how big the spartans are supposed to be on that map.

Sephzilla

Eh. I prefer Chief's 4 armor, though the lack of a highly visible undersuit in this one is a huge plus

The highly visible under-suit is probably my #1 or #2 peeve about all of the Halo 4 armors. The other thing that I don't like is that with most of the Halo 4 armors the visors look like they'd restrict the eyesight of the wearer massively.

The highly visible under-suit is probably my #1 or #2 peeve about all of the Halo 4 armors. The other thing that I don't like is that with most of the Halo 4 armors the visors look like they'd restrict the eyesight of the wearer massively.

I was under the impression they use a full projected HUD for the suits with the narrow visors, don't they? Sort of a Gungir-lite approach, with the visor if that fails.

Might be tales from my ass, though.

Omni

Watched the documentary

I enjoyed it. They totally need to get Marty back. Plus Bonnie Ross has a really cool accent

I was under the impression they use a full projected HUD for the suits with the narrow visors, don't they? Sort of a Gungir-lite approach, with the visor if that fails.

Might be tales from my ass, though.

Gungnir is different though. It's the only armor (to my knowledge) that has a camera as opposed to a visor.

Woorloog

Banned
Gungnir is different though. It's the only armor (to my knowledge) that has a camera as opposed to a visor.
Yup, it is the only one with camera/display. They're rocking Oculus Rift in their helmets :p

Reach's Gungnir looked great, i hope we get it back at some point (Halo 4 version was just meh, but then that applies to everything but Warrior armor in Halo 4).

Yup, it is the only one with camera/display. They're rocking Oculus Rift in their helmets :p

Reach's Gungnir looked great, i hope we get it back at some point (Halo 4 version was just meh, but then that applies to everything but Warrior armor in Halo 4).

Reach's Gungnir looked like it was straight out of Ghost In The Shell, which is what made me fall in love with it. Didn't hate the Halo 4 version, but I hope they keep it more grounded for Halo 5.

just watched the Documentary, beautiful work, id love to see something like this for Halo 5
the video really brought up some sort of connection between the gamer, the devs and any other person being involved or targeted by the game
it also shows how dedicate and serious 343i is to get the best Halo experience for the community, something that imo is forgotten a way too often
and ofc excellent choice to go for a chief collection rather than a simple H2 anniversary, big thanks to 343i again for realizing this and all the efforts it takes and took to make the games as original as it could get

i dont really share the oppinions on the negative aspects around the game,sure theres a few thing here and there but nothing major imo
actually i find myself having much more criticism with other modern shooters than with the MCC, and therefore for me its probably already the best game for this console generation
so much value and content, i doubt any game can tickle that anytime soon (a rumoured Uncharted collection at best maybe)

i so much cannot wait to jump into some CE rounds, enjoy the H5 beta and play some H2A from time to time
worth to mention i got a Xbox One solely for this game, and my oppinion on the Xbox One was probably one of the worst among GAF during the E3 reveal and the follow-up month
343i you sold me an Xbox One :p

Inquired to Amazon again about English language track and the possibility of canceling my order, if I can get it a few days earlier my head would just explode.

Really enjoyed the ViDoc. So many memories, so many feels.

Madness

I like it.

More suited for right hand people.

And yet, it makes the disc far more vulnerable because the top of the case is what is always pressed first and what opens and swings. This is one of the dumbest changes Microsoft has ever made, for the sake of making changes.

AlStrong

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm once again editing my NeoGAF bookmark so it takes me straight to this thread. The MCC thirst is real.

dwells

"80mb patch should have come on a second disc, unnacceptable." - KangarooFlames

"Did they even try?" - dwells

"Not enough purple." - Randomrossoioioi

"Get me out of Kentucky." - Ram

"7/10" - BioGamerGirl

I've already garnered a grumpy reputation? That was fast...

Quick edit to make the armor slightly more dull/less-shiny and green because... you know... spartans and all that.

NbYQry.png

Really do like the look of these though.

That's some fine Photoshop work, Lou.

Anyone else carve a Halo pumpkin this year?

King Leo

Neo Member
Quick question for the pre-downloaders:

Does the MCC and day one update install together, or are they shown as separate downloads? I completely installed my MCC (45.6GB), but I'm not sure if the update started installing yet. After my MCC downloaded, another download showed up and is queued for installation, but it shows up as a gray box (and it refuses to install). Is that the update? I also have "Automatically install updates" enabled. Me confused.

Top Bottom