• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

MTfcoyC.png

Too much salt around here.
Can't we just wait for the beta before complaining?

fucking perfect!

That Halo 5 map looks like garbage.

lmao

Random17

The real test of the beta is whether or not 343i will listen to feedback. 10 months is a long time to make major changes.

Don't expect Halo 2.5, guys.

Edit: I'm a member now?! I need an avatar...

That Halo 5 map looks like garbage.
Too much familiarity with Halo 4; it won't bode well with fans if they also use similar audio as well. It's like bloom, Halo fans immediately associate that with Reach, so instantly it puts a sour taste in their mouths, subconsciously.

Halo 5 maps could use more simple and clean, without busy textures or complicated geometry. We'll have a better idea soon enough.

jem0208

tumblr_llzvdoqOXi1qctieoo1_500.gif

Too much familiarity with Halo 4; it won't bode well with fans if they also use similar audio as well. It's like bloom, Halo fans immediately associate that with Reach, so instantly it puts a sour taste in their mouths, subconsciously.

Halo 5 maps could use more simple and clean, without busy textures or complicated geometry. We'll have a better idea soon enough.

Well from the leak it sounds like one of the maps is just a bunch of basic polygons.

Impala26

What "pinging" are people talking about in Halo:CE?

In Halo PC, there was an audible "ping" (more like a low-toned "beep") that played when you registered weapon hits on other players.

It was basically an audible hit-marker. I think the main prevalence for it was the fact that Gearbox couldn't nail down the netcode properly for the port (oh it was bad) so to make up for this fact they included this sound to help players anticipate the lag.

In Halo PC, there was an audible "ping" (more like a low-toned "beep") that played when you registered weapon hits on other players.

It was basically an audible hit-marker. I think the main prevalence for it was the fact that Gearbox couldn't nail down the netcode properly for the port (oh it was bad) so to make up for this fact they included this sound to help players anticipate the lag.

Learning to lead in Halo PC was an interesting new gameplay "feature".

Impala26

Ship it and don't think twice about it. Call it an accident even.

Arguably CE's finest 2v2, 3v3 or FFA map. I never understood the love for Prisoner with its ladders and I always sorta thought Longest was rather boring or at least predictable.

Chiron TL-34 is STILL good... for the sheer lulz that is.

How is Boarding Action gonna play all these years after the fact though?

EDIT:

Shit forgot about Damnation! (how could I?) Okay Chill Out and Damnation were definitely my favorite maps when playing with less than 8 players. Wizard was just too damn small for ANYTHING more than 4 people. For 4v4 it was ALWAYS Hang 'em High at my/my neighbor's house though. It was really fun to nearly break our LAN switch when we tried playing 12 player FFA rockets on Wizard though... XD

tootsi666

According to my calculations, game releases in 62 hours in NZ. Is it still possible to open the game ahead of time by changing region?

Booshka

Arguably CE's finest 2v2, 3v3 or FFA map. I never understood the love for Prisoner with its ladders and I always sorta thought Longest was rather boring or at least predictable.

EDIT:

Shit forgot about Damnation! (how could I?) Okay Chill Out and Damnation were definitely my favorite maps when playing with less than 8 players. Wizard was just too damn small for ANYTHING more than 4 people. For 4v4 it was ALWAYS Hang 'em High at my/my neighbor's house though. It was really fun to nearly break our LAN switch when we tried playing 12 player FFA rockets on Wizard though... XD

4v4 Pistol/Sniper on Boarding Action is pretty damn good actually.

EDIT:

Hey man my PM isn't working.

Try this one on for size. I used the blur helmet and the Halo 3 head dress. I think it turned out okay. I can improve it next week. I was able to extend the spider webs up the middle. Thought it looked cool:

g8Wclun.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
He said it looked like garbage, not that it played like garbage. He's looking at an image of the map and saying it, so why say how can you judge how a map looks based off screenshots.
People have done that plenty of times on here, lol. I specifically remember people complaining about the sight lines on Boardwalk before Reach launched.

He said it looked like garbage, not that it played like garbage. He's looking at an image of the map and saying it, so why say how can you judge how a map looks based off screenshots.

Except that "looks" is often used as a colloquialism for "seems like." For instance "that looks tasty."

Also, what Kittens said. It'd hardly be unprecedented.

jem0208

People have done that plenty of times on here, lol. I specifically remember people complaining about the sight lines on Boardwalk before Reach launched.

Except that "looks" is often used as a colloquialism for "seems like." For instance "that looks tasty."

Also, what Kittens said. It'd hardly be unprecedented.
Pretty much this...

VinFTW

Last time I'll mention that Italian article I swear...

Seems the Italian guy who talked to the other Italian guy who wrote the article is implying no sprint w/ thrusters.

#theplotthickens#wtfiswrongwithme#ineedsomethingtoeatimstartingtolosemymind#hangingonastrongofhope

Last time I'll mention that Italian article I swear...

Seems the Italian guy who talked to the other Italian guy who wrote the article is implying no sprint w/ thrusters.

#theplotthickens#wtfiswrongwithme#ineedsomethingtoeatimstartingtolosemymind#hangingonastrongofhope

That'd be sweet. Still, need more details.

Where the hell is NobleGundam?

MouldyK

shut_up_everybody__shut_up__by_mcbriderulz-d56se64.gif

Why can't HaloGAF just be friendly?

How will you be on Tuesday when we find out Halo 5: Guardians is being outsourced to GearBox who will outsource it to TimeGate?!

Top Bottom