• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

jem0208

Last time I'll mention that Italian article I swear...

Seems the Italian guy who talked to the other Italian guy who wrote the article is implying no sprint w/ thrusters.

#theplotthickens#wtfiswrongwithme#ineedsomethingtoeatimstartingtolosemymind#hangingonastrongofhope
I thought that was what the article implied in the first place?

The sprint thing seemed like a difficulty in translation and was actually some form of thrust charge.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
shut_up_everybody__shut_up__by_mcbriderulz-d56se64.gif

Why can't HaloGAF just be friendly?
wow nice tumblr gif scrub gso

You can, but no mixing and matching. :>
Haha, good one

I'd knock off .5 just for that annoying ping sound left in from halo pc.

Edit: Game get's a 9.5

I honestly do not remember the Halo 1 hit sound at all, was it added in the custom edition patch?

Somebody said you could turn that beeping off. You cannot?

A stream last night tried to turn it off, could not find it in-game among all the other toggles.

I bet someone on another stream just said yeah you can because they just presumed you could, stuff like that annoys me.

FyreWulff

I honestly do not remember the Halo 1 hit sound at all, was it added in the custom edition patch?

It's been in every version of Halo PC.

Technically 343 doesn't even need to patch out the sound functionality itself, they could just replace the beep noise with a silent sound file.

But then again, we haven't seen Halo PC MCC under real world conditions. All of the customs are between reviewers, who all tend to be located in certain areas close to each other and all will have excellent internet due to the nature of their job.

If I were in charge, at minimum i'd at least null the noise in splitscreen. 4 people shooting at each other in MCC H1 is just nonstop beepin's

It's been in every version of Halo PC.

Technically 343 doesn't even need to patch out the sound functionality itself, they could just replace the beep noise with a silent sound file.

But then again, we haven't seen Halo PC MCC under real world conditions. All of the customs are between reviewers, who all tend to be located in certain areas close to each other and all will have excellent internet due to the nature of their job.

Replace it with the quake tin can sound, i'm so used to hearing that clink it's scarred into my brain.

MouldyK

wow nice tumblr gif scrub gso

Your GIF is bad, and you should feel bad.

I'm going to be honest with my thought process with my comment:

"Hmm, I wonder what to write to people on HaloGAF. I know, I will try to find a way to tell Everybody To Shut Up because they are negative 99% of the time and because I am listening to this song."

"Oh, Sherlock was the first gif, well they are talking about him, so meh. Good enough"

"Better insult GearBox like I do 10 times a day because they ruined things I love, like Timegate Studios and their game Section 8: Prejudice"

So, nah. I don't feel bad. Atleast I got 2 people to comment on something I took 20 seconds to think of while waiting for a friend to text back. FOOLS!

Madness

so can we turn off the BONG BONG BONG hitmarkers with HCE or no

343 should be able to, the question is will they. Obviously CE would be low priority for them, as they still have to get ranked playlists up, fixing that splitscreen FoV etc. Those noises existed in Halo PC though, and I doubt they'll get rid of them now. Maybe if enough people had complained early on, like the grenade shake in H2A.

With the embargo up, my god the Halo 1 mp ping noise is so annoying.
This is Halo, just the way you remembered it.™

I don't blame them for porting the PC version, it makes the most sense. Rumble, console controls, and matchmaking are hopefully what set MCC above that version.

FyreWulff

343 should be able to, the question is will they. Obviously CE would be low priority for them, as they still have to get ranked playlists up, fixing that splitscreen FoV etc. Those noises existed in Halo PC though, and I doubt they'll get rid of them now. Maybe if enough people had complained early on, like the grenade shake in H2A.

There was no chance to complain because they hid Halo 1 MCC multi until reviewers streamed it.

All we got up to that point was screenshots.

Welfare

I guess I can shut up about Halo 5 until Monday, but come that day, I won't shut the fuck up if it becomess another Halo 4.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection, 1080p*, 60fps**, Dedicated Servers***, All on one Disc****

*mostly
**not locked
***Only in Matchmaking
****mandatory day 1 15gig patch

Madness

There was no chance to complain because they hid Halo 1 MCC multi until reviewers streamed it.

All we got up to that point was screenshots.

Well yeah that's what I mean. It was noticed too late for them to register the complaints and hopefully come up with a change. That's partly on them for not showing it until late either. This is a big reason I'm hopeful about Halo 5 being played so early. If the game is just a mess with all this ledge climbing junk, ground and pound, we can complain or get some changes.

Booshka

Halo CE customs look as janky as I feared. Inconsistent shot registration among all the different players in the game. Boarding Action was a good test for the long range registration of the Pistol and Sniper, it wasn't as smooth as I was hoping. Not surprised, but still a bummer, hopefully it gets cleaned up and MM doesn't have these issues.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The disregard for legally binding contracts in this thread is delicious.

Potentially ruinous, but delicious.

If these folks confirming they've played the Halo 5 beta are not BSing, they shouldn't even be talking about it ATM. It's not hard to backtrack a person's username to their employer/company/publication. NOT worth risk.

jem0208

If these folks confirming they've played the Halo 5 beta are not BSing, they shouldn't even be talking about it ATM. It's not hard to backtrack a person's username to their employer/company/publication. NOT worth risk.
Shhhhhh!

With this sort of attitude we'll miss out on the next Ntkrnl!

Slightly entertaining.

Slightly delicious

The Flash

Banned

I can tell that you have some experience dealing with risk.

Top Bottom