• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

I can't handle this rollercoaster of emotions.
QFT

The tweet made me feel a little better about the whole thing, though. I'm like at Defcon 2 now, which is better, but not great.

Also, the gameplay may look shiny and cool, but does that mean it will be fun? Just look at Halo 4.

jem0208

if it isnt ADS then whats the fucking point in Changing the scope animation?

change for the sake of attracting a group of people that will tank the population in a week.

Probably.

Honestly, visual redesign is only a minor issue.

It's also something which would be much more likely to be changed.

I think cosmetic ADS for zoom without movement penalty is a perfect middle ground between modern FPS design and classic Halo. Some trends are just inescapable if games want to stay relevant and sell millions.

Also this.

singhr1

1) stream starts 9 PM PT, IGN made it sound like H5 footage starts a 10 PM PT
2) For a refund? I'd imagine at least two days notice.

Pretty sure its 8 PM PT and stream only lasts one hour. Its 1 Halo 5 esports match, Halo Nightfall episode 1, and interviews/commentary from 343i devs/players.

VinFTW

The newer gameplay looks really good, I just don't want sprint and I really think they should re-think the ADS stuff, it takes up too much of the screen. Increase the base movement speed.

and holy shit the MCC tourney is so fucking good.

Maybe this was their plan. Add some kind of ADS, rile up the fanbase so as to avoid the other inclusion of things like sprint still, and all the rest of the stuff.

Whatever happens with the footage, I'm not confident in 343 handling the franchise going forward. It's just not something that appeals to me as a 14 year Halo fan. I'm sure someone like me will be replaced by ten new people who love the formula so it is what it is. For me, Halo now joins the dozens of other series I grew up with but don't really have to play anymore.

People are also kidding themselves if their feedback will change what has already been shown aside from things like spawns, weapon spawns, maps, and nerf/boosts to weapons. They aren't going to develop these animations, these features to scrap them later.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the whole point of having the Beta most of a year out from launch? Getting feedback on core parts of the game?

I'm so pissed people are just shrugging off sprint

At this point, I'm just refusing to let it get me down. Yeah, it sucks, but I'm not going to let it overwhelm the rest of the game. ADS, that's a different story, but sprint? I don't like it, but I can live with it if the rest of the game is good.

Booshka

Anyone else watching the Launch Invitational? Fuck me that last match was tense.

Royal 2 choked on some many snipes late in that game. He had a good stat line, barely died, but he missed way too many shots. The other 3 StK players were doing all the pushing, all he had to do was stay alive and land snipe shots, he missed way too many.

The Flash

Banned
Just and a punishment for sprint and all will be well, per say.

Can't recharge shields during sprint or deplete shield while sprinting

Gears of War 3 had one weapon with ADS and the rest of the sandbox didn't suffer because of it. Just saying, we already know it doesn't limit movement and there's no flinch, so it's already less offensive than what's in other games.

I've been saying it for a long time, but sprint and ADS don't have to be designed the way they have been, and mind you, I despise 99% of ADS implementation and don't play most games that have it. Sure people may say it's redundant, useless, etc., but if adding ADS to a several weapons where it may make sense and attracts more people while not hurting the core gameplay or negatively influencing the rest of the sandbox, then that's a good thing. People have obviously been against sprint in arena shooters, but I'll say it again: It can work.

Will it work though? Who knows.. That's entirely dependent on how 343 chooses to implement it. Does sprint have to mean sluggish base speed? No. Does ADS have to slow you down in order to not feel superfluous? No. Did people think FPS's could exist on consoles as well as they do before CE came around? No.

klodeckel

Banned
qM1ZTyK.png

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
This whole thing started with the sprint footage. Then it exploded with the ADS footy.

Watching this MCC tourney though just reinforces that sprint needs to leave as well. It breaks so many map designs. If the map is created around not having sprint, then "slow movement" is not an issue.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Wait... if descope is back, that would mean that there's almost no way there could be ADS.

So I guess now the only problem is sprint. I still don't like that new scope mechanism on the BR though. Halo has always had scoping built into the HUD, with no real physical scoping.

Top Bottom