• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Guys the SMG does not have a grenade launcher. The guy comes around the corner with a sticky on him already. When the player initiates the thruster to fly backwards, the smg angles upwards as probably part of a balancing mechanic. No shooting while thrusting.

jem0208

So what are we thinking then, is the ADS just a re-designed zoom? Some good hip firing going on in those new videos.

If so, then fair play to Jem. I definitely didn't believe, but he called it.

Haha, after the new footage I'm 90% sure it's a redesigned zoom.

There's still a chance but I'm more confident now.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
If Halo 5 has left, right, forward, and backward thrusting, then it's a straight rip of CODAW...I mean an absolute straight rip of it.

Gotta hand it to them, 343 obviously have been studying CODAW's development...there is no such thing that the two games coincidentally just came up with those concepts.

Guaranteed there's gonna be double jumping too.

So what are we thinking then, is the ADS just a re-designed zoom? Some good hip firing going on in those new videos.

If so, then fair play to Jem. I definitely didn't believe, but he called it.

Probably not ADS, just a visual change (like some people even predicted back when the Halo 5 BR was first shown with the red dot sight). But we should probably wait until tomorrow for sure. There could be some funky mechanical stuff attached to it.

VinFTW

If Halo 5 has left, right, forward, and backward thrusting, then it's a straight rip of CODAW...I mean an absolute straight rip of it.

Gotta hand it to them, 343 obviously have been studying CODAW's development...there is no such thing that the two games coincidentally just came up with those concepts.

Thrusters have been a thing in Halo before AW. They've went through several iterations/ideas of it.

IHaveIce

Banned

Huh? Thrusting was in Halo 4?
And Murderminers did it also before CoD.

BigShow36

New footage looks exactly like Halo 4 but evolved with more "CoD" mechanics, to me.

I agree; a slightly faster Halo 4 with some CoD attachments and thrusters. I can honestly live with what I'm seeing if the aiming is skillful. If not, it's just going to more of the same garbage.

Pistol running animation is the same from black ops

If you have a pistol in your hand, how are you going to run with it?

It is not like there are 5 different ways of running while having a pistol in hand. One handed running while pumping with the other arm is pretty darn standard for most human beings.

klodeckel

Banned
18RbkkQ.png

As I said ...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
FUCKING CALLED IT.

He didn't say ADS wasn't in the game.

If it's not in the game, then it's a simple tweet saying, "Calm down folks, ADS isn't in Halo 5, and nor will it ever be, it doesn't fit."

Pretty simple tweet to say right? Will he say it? Probably not..

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Doesn't confirm that you descope.

If you don't when hit, then it's H4 long range bullshit all over again.

If it's not in the game, then it's a simple tweet saying, "Calm down folks, ADS isn't in Halo 5, and nor will it ever be, it doesn't fit."

This. They are in damage control mode. Trying to soften the blow that will be dealt tomorrow during the footy reveal.

Sordid

So ads is probably just a reskinned zoom? I'm sure that'll draw the CoD fans in!

Change for the sake of change - the 343 motto. Zoom is fine as is.

jem0208

He just confirmed exactly what I was saying.

- Hip fire accuracy is maintained.
- Movement speed is maintained.

They are all the issues with ADS, that is essentially what defines ADS.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
He just confirmed exactly what I was saying.

- Hip fire accuracy is maintained.
- Movement speed is maintained.

They are all the issues with ADS, that is essentially what defines ADS.

How about the part where a portion of your screen is blocked for no reason whatsoever?

It's like some people in here throw out all rational thinking once they see one thing that could potentially be a bad thing.

It's what happens when there is a dedicated fanbase. Look at what happened when Bethesda made changes to Quake Live.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if there's no movement penalty, no hipfire penalty, and no flinch, there's not a ton left to complain about other than wasting screen real estate (which is valid, don't get me wrong, but really freaking minor in comparison).

Time to take a deep breath. Halo isn't dad quite yet.

If you have a pistol in your hand, how are you going to run with it?

It is not like there are 5 different ways of running while having a pistol in hand. One handed running while pumping with the other arm is pretty darn standard for most human beings.

Maybe he can run holding the gun with both hands or dont moving the hand holding the pistol since he is a super soldier and problably have better strengh and aiming than a normal human?

In Reach they run with both hands on the gun.

I don't know how to feel, I feel better when all I had to go off of was a clip that looked like ADS, but now that it looks like it really is just a reskinned zoom and the rest of the gameplay looks pretty Halo like except for sprint and the kill times being a bit too short I think things might be okay...

If people complain enough about how zooming looks they could always just change it back since it seems to function the same and kill times can always change.

The dream is not dead yet.

The fact that this isn't CoD ADS gets my hype flowing again. As long as the other guns don't get it, I'm happy. I can live with sprint.

HEY YOU, WHEN YOU GONNA BE ON THE XBOX. BECAUSE I HAVE XBOX TOO.

ELZAR SMELLS.

What's your gamertag, scrub?

jem0208

Its still in though, i may not want to use it but an opponent will.

Mechanically it's zoom though. It's only ADS in visual sense, therefore not a major issue IMO.

Which is what I've been saying from the start.

How about the part where a portion of your screen is blocked for no reason whatsoever?

That is an issue I can agree with. However it's only a very minor one when compared to mechanical ADS.

Then what the fuck is the point?

Change in visual design. I don't know why. Not a major issue.

Plus we don't know how decoping works or flinch.

Well flinch isn't in. So I assume they're using something like descope. Can't think of any other system which they could use.

Top Bottom