• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

br and sniper made sense. pistol was in CE only. The rest did not have it at all. It's also a different zoom than the COD version.
You are right about that, but having a zoom option for every weapon is still somewhat different than putting ADS in the game. I guess I'm just not ready to jump off the ship yet. I started to do that with a couple posts and then caught myself. This may not be as bad as all the reactions. I totally understand the reactions, but they might be off-base at the same time. I"m just gonna wait until the H5 reveal. Isn't it like tomorrow this week sometime?

danwarb

Cosmetic or gameplay, it makes no sense to even go that route of physically putting the gun in front of your face.

- Spartans have a link to their weapons on their HUD.
- It blocks a portion of the viewport that was clearly visible in the old style. This gives you a blindspot.

There's literally zero advantages to changing it. unless you're attempting to get some COD fanboy to wet his pants because he can 360 no scope you while fucking your mom.

No webcam. Or MC thinks it makes him look cool. Like holding the SMG sideways.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
hvukf2d.png

ADS? Or just part of an animation?

Even the animation is a disgrace. It's like he's saying, out of the way, I have to take a dump!

I'm not seeing the sprint in those clips, at least, not from the player perspective. Is on of the red team guys sprinting? Timestamp?

EDIT: Nvm, saw it. 3rd clip, got skipped it the first few times XD

Fracas

#fuckonami
So yeah, new stuff

-thruster is in
-pistol has sights, no one used them tho
-new smg thing (looks like it has a red dot sight) that has a grenade launcher attached
-radar is standard halo radar, didn't look like it showed elevation but I'm not sure
-smaller medals in lower middle of screen

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I'm really surprised at how little these people know the industry. Hell, it's not even the video game industry, just business in general. The key to success with a sequel is to capitalize on what worked well beforehand. If you put out something your core audience likes, they'll buy it and others will follow through positive word of mouth. Since all these people like it, many will buy the DLC as well.

If you chase another audience, the core audience will hate the product, actively avoid it, and get others to do so. The audience you're chasing will drop your product and go back to theirs. After all, why buy an immitator when you can have the real deal? Then, DLC sales will be very low and the overall brand is tarnished.

They're thinking only about short term revenue gain. "Get all the sales in the first week. Who cares what our fans think? We're making money. " This ideology is what will kill Halo until somebody comes along and reboots it years down the line. The entire Xbox Brand might be at risk as well because of this.

I've been seeing it since Halo 2 and COD2. Halo 2 was actually the first game to drop the health packs and put regen health in place. COD2 in 2005 adopted the same thing, they dropped health packs and adopted health regen, COD1 fans were pretty enraged about it, but it was just a taste of things to come.

COD2 adopted the minimap radar bleeps, every time you fired your weapon, you showed up on the minimap...stupid.

The huge shift happened with COD4 though. Thing is, if it wasn't for its sales, people wouldn't have even picked up on the perks and killstreaks bs.

Since then it's been nothing but that with every single FPS. ADS belongs in certain games of FPS, I definitely would agree with that, but a game like Halo, or even a game like Counter-strike, and Quake, it doesn't belong.

Publisher executives don't think that way. They look at the sales numbers of games and from there dictate to the design team what the design should be, and that's sad.

The thing that mind fucks me is why a game like Halo honestly thinks it needs to adopt COD gameplay mechanics in order to deem itself successful. Do the executives really think that it can't be successful on its own?

My prediction for the MCC will be that it will sell like hot cakes. Playlist population numbers will dictate which Halo is the true core Halo the fans love to play, and maybe, just maybe, that will open the eyes of the executives in regards to Halo 5 game design.

Or maybe, MCC is the answer to the core Halo player, and for the COD audience, Halo 5 will attract them...and thus MSFT will have ultimate global domination of the shooter genre.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hah, the impressions turn around the new footage.

The only reason they turned is because there was no ADS footage.

But I saw:
  • Sprinting
  • Thrusters
  • Tons of medals

edit: dear fucking god, stop quoting those videos.

After seeing the subsequent clips, I'm pretty sure whoever Shinobi talked to doesn't completely understand ADS. Regarding sprint, however, I'd still prefer it not to be in the game.

Top Bottom