• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

jem0208

So yeah, new stuff

-thruster is in
-pistol has sights, no one used them tho
-new smg thing (looks like it has a red dot sight) that has a grenade launcher attached
-radar is standard halo radar, didn't look like it showed elevation but I'm not sure
-smaller medals in lower middle of screen

Pretty sure it isn't a grenade launcher.

Looks more like a backward thrust.

jem0208

The only reason they turned is because there was no ADS footage.

But I saw:
  • Sprinting
  • Thrusters
  • Tons of medals

edit: dear fucking god, stop quoting those videos.

I think this implies that it isn't ADS and is actually just redesigned zoom.

As for the others:

- Sprinting: Not bothered either way, don't mind having it, wouldn't mind not having it.
- Thrusters: Do want, looks awesome.
- Tons of medals: Meh, not too bothered. I got used to the text in halo 4, I can get used to that.

he firedd a grenade from the SMG.

Backwards thrust.

Ok, those clips didn't look too bad. Thruster will be cool, Sprinting is meh, hipfiring looks fine.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

EDIT: Also, map callouts are back above the radar, I like.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Remember this folks? Red dot sight on the BR...and many of us predicted it meant Halo would have ADS...and well what do ya know?

microsoft-announces-halo-5-guardians-for-xbox-one-1400234815882.jpg

The OP edit is brilliant.

I wonder if in our feedback for the BETA in December we can just post in a comment box using role reversals.

"It really doesn't feel like Halo''

VinFTW

he firedd a grenade from the SMG.

Honestly though, that could be cool, was a gun in reach no?... Could be hard to pull off, similar to rail-gun, which is actually something good that came out of H4

New clips make me feel a bit better but sprint has to go.

Thrusting looks cool, red triangle in top right corner after he thrusts in first clip shows theres a CD, which is an amazing implementation.

But yeah, sprints gotta go. Didn't see any ADS for the AR, if the BR ADS truly is just a reskin they need to get rid of that.

So, sprint still sucks, but everything else is looking better. Hipfire seems to work, thruster packs in first person are nice. Feeling better than I did 10 minutes ago, though still not 100% back to hype yet.

I think this implies that it isn't ADS and is actually just redesigned zoom.

As for the others:

- Sprinting: Not bothered either way, don't mind having it, wouldn't mind not having it.
- Thrusters: Do want, looks awesome.
- Tons of medals: Meh, not too bothered. I got used to the text in halo 4, I can get used to that.

Backwards thrust.
IF backward thrust also shoots a grenade forward.

the clip shows a grenade going forward toward the enemy AS he backward thrusted.

Sou Da

Since they're going the CoD route with medals I'm pretty sure there would have been a grenade kill medal there if he shot one.

tootsi666

When a leak normally happens I say to myself: "wait for concrete info"
When Halo leal happens, I go crazy

Shows how much this series means to me.

Ein Bear

So what are we thinking then, is the ADS just a re-designed zoom? Some good hip firing going on in those new videos.

If so, then fair play to Jem. I definitely didn't believe, but he called it.

VinFTW

Looks like a backwards thrust while his teammate to the right (note the radar) throws a plasma.

Wow this. Good fucking call.

Gun goes up (red triangle pops up indicating thruster cooldown) when he back thrusts.

Thrusting looks cool.

If only they didn't fuck it up with sprint.

JonCha

Yeah most likely.

Again, as I said earlier, what will swing it for me is whether zooming in compromise movement speed. If it doesn't, then I'm in.

Top Bottom