• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Outrage aside I need help on the Halo tourney going on right now on twitch.com/halo

So they're playing neutral bomb assault and the one guy took the bomb into the other teams base but dropped it just a few feet short of the zone on purpose. He sat there waiting and he ended up dying and the bomb went back to the neutral spawn.

What is the point of this? If the announcers talked about it I didn't hear it, I have the sound muted because I am trying to do homework :)lol yeah I know).

Anyone have any insight?

antigoon

Outrage aside I need help on the Halo tourney going on right now on twitch.com/halo

So they're playing neutral bomb assault and the one guy took the bomb into the other teams base but dropped it just a few feet short of the zone on purpose. He sat there waiting and he ended up dying and the bomb went back to the neutral spawn.

What is the point of this? If the announcers talked about it I didn't hear it, I have the sound muted because I am trying to do homework :)lol yeah I know).

Anyone have any insight?

Because he would have presumably died trying to plant. Instead he and his team tried to wipe out the recently spawned enemies. You see a similar thing when a flag or oddball carrier will stop moving to take out an enemy.

Because he would have presumably died trying to plant. Instead he and his team tried to wipe out the recently spawned enemies.

Man I haven't played assault in years, I completely forgot about time to plant.

So because he assumed that he would be killed while planting the bomb, he decided to drop it and fight off enemies to plant later on, correct?

That makes sense. Thanks.

Heretic

Maybe this was their plan. Add some kind of ADS, rile up the fanbase so as to avoid the other inclusion of things like sprint still, and all the rest of the stuff.

Whatever happens with the footage, I'm not confident in 343 handling the franchise going forward. It's just not something that appeals to me as a 14 year Halo fan. I'm sure someone like me will be replaced by ten new people who love the formula so it is what it is. For me, Halo now joins the dozens of other series I grew up with but don't really have to play anymore.

People are also kidding themselves if their feedback will change what has already been shown aside from things like spawns, weapon spawns, maps, and nerf/boosts to weapons. They aren't going to develop these animations, these features to scrap them later.
Next step is to change your avy and stop posting in this thread right?

FatMarshall

Neo Member
You can cancel our pre-order at any time. They'll say you can't or try to push you against it but the game isn't out so you can do whatever you want with your pre-order.

Footage doesn't release until 12AM ET so I'm still out of luck.

Thanks for the precise answer though. I probably wouldn't cancel anyway no matter how terrible Halo 5 looked.

Man I haven't played assault in years, I completely forgot about time to plant.

So because he assumed that he would be killed while planting the bomb, he decided to drop it and fight off enemies to plant later on, correct?

That makes sense. Thanks.

Shit, I forgot all about time to plant. That does change things.

willow ve

It's functionally no different than scope. It does not affect gameplay differently than scope.

There's a fucking huge difference between pretty much what we already had, and CoD style ADS.

There's a fucking huge difference between zoom tied into the HUD and zoom tied into a player gun animation that takes up 35% of the screen.

It just smacks of change for the sake of change. Change to make it a "new" Halo or put a new stamp on 343's "vision" for Halo.

I would like a more powerful pistol but the new look is gross from what I can tell. That iconic shiney powerhouse... Don't take that away from me lol

There's a fucking huge difference between zoom tied into the HUD and zoom tied into a player gun animation that takes up 35% of the screen.

It just smacks of change for the sake of change. Change to make it a "new" Halo or put a new stamp on 343's "vision" for Halo.

2 things:

1. I question if that's such an awful thing. Should they not be allowed to put their own mark on the game? Should they be stuck endless remaking Bungie's Halo? I understand not wanting it if it hurts the gameplay, and this still might, but come on now.

2. If it is truly cosmetic, fixing it should be easy. All we have to do is push for it during the beta.

willow ve

So how would you guys feel if ADS/zoom is mapped to LT be default? If you have to hold it to use it?

That's what I'm assuming default controls will be - which would be a negative in my opinion. Left trigger is grenade toss and should remain such (also zoom should be a toggle).

----

In the Halo tourney what team was The 2gre on and why did they not win?

giphy.gif

Just stirring the pot a little bit. :)

I couldn't help it.
Yeah gtfo with this trolling shit

So how would you guys feel if ADS/zoom is mapped to LT be default? If you have to hold it to use it?

If you were holding down the left trigger and get shot and knocked out of scope and you were still holding down the left trigger... that would be super awkward and frustrating.

Been there, tried that. Developers aren't listening to feedback on message boards, no matter how well articulated.
Whether it works or not, whether they care or not, that's still not an excuse to act like a total jackass and be inflammatory all the time. If you don't like a game and feel there is nothing you can do about it, quit posting about it and move on. Or, post about the things you do like or actually care to discuss. Berating developers and implying malicious intent on their part doesn't help.

I used to enjoy reading the conversations in HaloGAF, even with Reach when it was fun to hate and just play swordball oddbase all night. If halo 5 has ADS and sprint and perks etc. I'm not buying it. I have no need to flip the fuck out and drag the developers through the mud, however.

willow ve

2 things:

1. I question if that's such an awful thing. Should they not be allowed to put their own mark on the game? Should they be stuck endless remaking Bungie's Halo? I understand not wanting it if it hurts the gameplay, and this still might, but come on now.

2. If it is truly cosmetic, fixing it should be easy. All we have to do is push for it during the beta.

1 - It might not be an awful thing, but it's certainly not a popular thing. And when a game (like Halo 4) turns out not to be popular it actually hurts the gameplay. Low population = lower sustain dollars going forward. Lower player counts and longer search time. Lower chance of EVER seeing DLC in matchmaking because the population is decimated. Etc. So while a new mechanic might not directly affect gameplay if it drives away fans who have been playing your franchise for 10+ years then it shouldn't be done.

2. - I think you're a bit delusional about fixing major player animations or abilities from Beta to full launch. Maybe it's a simple toggle that can be turned off in gametypes, but if looking at Halo 4 is any indication major changes will either never happen or come to late to actively keep population numbers at a high level (see point one for why this is bad).

klodeckel

Banned
Beside all that "Arena" talk ... Anyone else has hope they will talk just a little bit about Big Team Battle? I really want to see something huge. I would be so happy with a vehicular 16vs16 mayhem or something like that.

Top Bottom