• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

In the xbox live store description for MCC, it no longer says "available 12:01 EST" anyone else notice that????? Anyone know when the typical release time is for xbox digital games???

antigoon

Beside all that "Arena" talk ... Anyone else has hope they will talk just a little bit about Big Team Battle? I really want to see something huge. I would be so happy with a vehicular 16vs16 mayhem or something like that.

I am open to 343 doing something radically different with Big Team Battle, but I think the 8v8 experience is kinda perfect. I don't think the enormous maps 16v16 would require would serve Halo well.

1 - It might not be an awful thing, but it's certainly not a popular thing. And when a game (like Halo 4) turns out not to be popular it actually hurts the gameplay. Low population = lower sustain dollars going forward. Lower player counts and longer search time. Lower chance of EVER seeing DLC in matchmaking because the population is decimated. Etc. So while a new mechanic might not directly affect gameplay if it drives away fans who have been playing your franchise for 10+ years then it shouldn't be done.

2. - I think you're a bit delusional about fixing major player animations or abilities from Beta to full launch. Maybe it's a simple toggle that can be turned off in gametypes, but if looking at Halo 4 is any indication major changes will either never happen or come to late to actively keep population numbers at a high level (see point one for why this is bad).

For the first, I was more speaking to your general argument. Dealing with features on a case-by-case basis has merit, but saying that 343 shouldn't be able to make any changes at all to put their own mark on things is too far, IMO.

As to the second, isn't that the whole point of doing the beta 11 months before launch? So they can get feedback, and fix this stuff ahead of time? Maybe they wouldn't be willing to make alterations to core gameplay concepts, maybe they would, but if this really is purely cosmetic it should be an extremely simple fix, the exact sort of thing they'd be looking for.

Why would they remove that information though if it is releasing 12:01 EST?

Oh wait. Didn't read that properly. No idea...

I hope it releases early for us PT people.

EDIT: Um...it still says that:

xdP3K63.png

BigShow36

Whether it works or not, whether they care or not, that's still not an excuse to act like a total jackass and be inflammatory all the time. If you don't like a game and feel there is nothing you can do about it, quit posting about it and move on. Or, post about the things you do like or actually care to discuss. Berating developers and implying malicious intent on their part doesn't help.

I used to enjoy reading the conversations in HaloGAF, even with Reach when it was fun to hate and just play swordball oddbase all night. If halo 5 has ADS and sprint and perks etc. I'm not buying it. I have no need to flip the fuck out and drag the developers through the mud, however.

I'm not implying malicious intent, I'm implying misguided intent and incompetence. If one side is not interested in earnest dialogue, what's the point of wasting time attempting to engage in it?

I know it's online and inflection is impossible to detect, but personally almost all of my posts are made in a more lighthearted manner than they come off as. I'm never going to be angry when I'm posting, just disappointed and making facetious comments about it. If anyone is interested in an actual argument about game mechanics, I'm all over it, but the fact of the matter is that almost any subject has already been beaten to death, drug up, and then beaten again.

I'm here to fight boredom and for entertainment, and it delivers as long as everyone understands that they shouldn't be taking this seriously.

-Ryn

Banned
Okay so I just woke up and apparently there's been a megabomb reveal because HaloGaf just jumped 30 pages. What'd I miss?

I really gotta stop sleeping in

Formal on fire, horry sheeit

This reminds me of the video of the Asian dude recording a police chase pass by his house.

Okay so I just woke up and apparently there's been a megabomb reveal because HaloGaf just jumped 30 pages. What'd I miss?

Halo 5 footage leak. Shows sprint and ADS. Meltdown ensues, 343i saves day by clarifying that non-ADS has no penalties (i.e. it's cosmetic).

TheXbox

ADS. But not ADS. Please be excited. Or terrified. Fat swords confirmed.

BigShow36

That would be amazing if the game available at 9PM pac.

If its not, does anyone know if you can just change your time zone and fake out the Xbone?

Ein Bear

Like already said, it isn't hard.

I liked her Republic Commando books for the most part, but man those Halo books were rough.

I wonder if they will announce the next book at HaloFest?

My dream is for Staten to write another book now that he's back at Microsoft. Contact Harvest was great, and I'd really like him to come back and tidy up the lore a bit.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sprint won't leave either, since that would require remaking all of the maps made so far.

Sadly.

Also that we will rock you ad is pretty darn cool.

Gets my hyped as hell.

Had a friend who doesn't even like Halo texting me the other day geeking out about it.

My dream is for Staten to write another book now that he's back at Microsoft. Contact Harvest was great, and I'd really like him to come back and tidy up the lore a bit.

This would be cool. Very cool.

Of course Nylund would be cool too.

That would be amazing if the game available at 9PM pac.

If its not, does anyone know if you can just change your time zone and fake out the Xbone?

It will be. I think that the way they're doing it is 12am for the major timezone in each region, and the whole region unlocks at once. No need to futz with your clock :)

If ADS is truly cosmetic then I want it to be optional. Give me a switch in the menu somewhere to enable old style zoom.

I think they'll probably do all or nothing; having some people with no visible scope gives them an advantage over the people with it taking up part of their screen. Shouldn't be terribly difficult to convince them to take it out of the beta.

Dub117

I'm guessing you can't preload the game if you are getting a physical copy? That would be really badass if you could...

Strider

So how would you guys feel if ADS/zoom is mapped to LT be default? If you have to hold it to use it?

That's exactly what I expect to just ease new people in, but we'll be able to switch the the classic controls schemes which include toggle to zoom. So I won't really care.

Welfare

This little incident should tell 343 that

1. We know exactly what we don't want
And
2. You won't be able to stay silent this time around.

Top Bottom