• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I did with the premium battle playlist but they took my baby away from me!

The only one which really gave me enjoyment consistently was the Noble playlist. Defiant was just too frustrating: we all know what was wrong with Highlands, and Condemned was meh. If they'd increased the weighting for Noble in Premium I might have stuck around, but even then, most people just wanted to snipe on HL.

Got alot of perf's in Noble, maybe that's affecting my judgment. :p

Edit: Btw, I was lurking here for a while last year, but never really picked up on what timezone HaloGAF is mostly in.

FyreWulff

Lol you took a survey Fyrewulf?

Nah, they were very loud and were just talking to each other about it. It wasn't a very big midnight launch. The one guy there for Wars itself was talking loudly about how "this RTS won't be available on PC, so I have to buy it for Xbox anyway!"

Meanwhile, I was standing there waiting and wondering why once again, it was 15 degrees out in March and walked over to Wal Mart and basked in their lovely heat until 11:55. I think anyone else that wanted Wars for Wars itself probably waited until morning to pick it up. 3/Reach's launches at the same store wrapped around their block. Just once I'd like a Halo midnight launch where I don't have to wear a winter coat. JUST ONCE.

rukizzel

Neo Member
Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?

That I am. Just got my approval a couple days ago. Let me tell you just how excited I am! (For what, exactly, I am unsure).

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.

I am posting from Seattle, WA (United States) and I'm 25 years old.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.

I got in to Halo hardcore when I was 16, but I definitely got the game at launch. Just was sitting on a Golden Goose and had no idea how amazing it was.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?

I've popped in periodically for the last year or so. I think that gets me some decent lurker status cred.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)

As far as my favorite Halo campaign, ODST and Reach are the standouts. ODST was beautiful, and told an amazing story. I felt Reach was the same.

Multiplayer-wise, Reach is my favorite. Say what you will about weapon balance, the DMR, bloom, armor abilities, or anything of the like, but I feel the sandbox is the most complete out of any Halo game. There is always a way to counter someone.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

I got to a level 46 in Lone Wolves a couple weeks after the game came out, then I just played social. If I stuck with it, I'm sure I could have clawed my way to a 50, but eventually I stopped caring.

AR or BR?

Can I have both? Really it depends on the situation, but I've found my play-style is more up close and personal. I like to get in the mix and mess stuff up. So I guess the AR combined with a nice beat down is the route I take most.

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).

Hang 'Em High - Midship - Guardian

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)

The Cage

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)

Pre-Reach, BTB. I'm not really huge on MLG stuff. Sure, it's fun, but I like a little more variety when I do my fraggin'.

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Ah, that's tough. I am known as that Firefight guy. But at the same time I enjoy a good multiplayer game every now and again. Especially if my friends are on. Hmmm, I think I will go with multiplayer.

Games completed on solo Legendary.

All of them!

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?

What is this - everyone knows I'm Batman.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.

The Truth and Reconciliation, High Charity, Tsavo Highway, the entire part of ODST where you run around looking for clues, and The Pillar of Autumn (Reach).

Favorite Reach playlists.

Anniversary Classic, SWAT, Invasion

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Megabytes? I just go take visual snapshots since he works right up the street from my office. There is no counting the size of those files! I've been collecting them for years now!

Opinion on reticule bloom.

Shit happens.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.

I don't like that Spartans can't sprint on their own, without an "ability." But this is the one I choose 99.99% of the time.

Why are you a Halo fan?

Not only is the game awesome, but so are all the people involved in it. The developers are really cool to talk to, the fans are rabid and amazing, and it's just a ton of fun to be involved with. Lord knows I'm not spending the night outside for any other game besides Halo.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)

Soooo basic stuff about me -

I'm Rukari, also known as that guy who does ridiculous things just to be first in line. If we are counting, I've been first for everything sans two events since Halo 2. That means any preview shown here in Seattle, and event, anything possible. I even culminated the process by being first in line for Halo Fest this year.

I'm a moderator over at the Waypoint forums, and I actually just landed a job at Microsoft working with the Community Management Team for Age of Empires Online. So, in a sense, I am dual-wielding banhammers. It's quite exhilarating.

There are a myriad of games that I thoroughly enjoy besides Halo. Mass Effect is one of those. I actually just redeemed a code for the demo today, 5 days before it goes public. Needless to say I am leaving work a bit early. I am a fan of shooter but not above playing those mindless, time-killer games like Peggle (absolutely amazing, by the way).

That's about all I can think of for now. Glad to be around with you all after hearing so much about the site.

FyreWulff

You wore a winter coat in September? :p Even here in Canada it ain't that cold.

It's Nebraska. We have two seasons: Summer and Winter. And if a game is coming out, it always drops to freezing or below in the specific week that I want to go to one. Happened for Brawl's midnight launch too, it was nice and warm and then suddenly cold as shit the night Brawl came out.

The first warm fall midnight launch I've gone to was the Gears 3 one, but we didn't have any notable snow this year until 3 days ago, when we finally got hit with almost a foot of it. A week before that, we had 75 degree summer weather. Worst was probably the Halo 2 launch - the Gamestop at the mall we went to across the river in Iowa had the mall change it's tune and kick everyone out until midnight into freezing temps. They made it up by handing out free games to the line at midnight right before letting everyone buy it. In that case we had no Wal Mart to go hide in for warmth though.

HaloGAF Survey

I'm Rukari, also known as that guy who does ridiculous things just to be first in line. If we are counting, I've been first for everything sans two events since Halo 2. That means any preview shown here in Seattle, and event, anything possible. I even culminated the process by being first in line for Halo Fest this year.

I'm a moderator over at the Waypoint forums, and I actually just landed a job at Microsoft working with the Community Management Team for Age of Empires Online. So, in a sense, I am dual-wielding banhammers. It's quite exhilarating.

There are a myriad of games that I thoroughly enjoy besides Halo. Mass Effect is one of those. I actually just redeemed a code for the demo today, 5 days before it goes public. Needless to say I am leaving work a bit early. I am a fan of shooter but not above playing those mindless, time-killer games like Peggle (absolutely amazing, by the way).

That's about all I can think of for now. Glad to be around with you all after hearing so much about the site.
Welcome dude to HaloGAF! Great to see you around here!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Why are you still using yours then?

zing.

pat-731186.gif

FyreWulff

Lol it's still 90 degrees at midnight in September in Alabama.

All you other poor, unfortunate souls!

We got a taste of Southern heat last year. Freaking 110 degree nights with $TEXAS humidity. The A/C had to spend around 2 hours dehumidfying the room air before it could actually start dropping the temp (it was one of those window units), and at times it just gave up and just recirculated air essentially.

I don't even know how you guys do it.

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)

The Cage
LEAST hated, not most hated.

Haha, I remember when I shelled out for Halo Wars collectors... for Orbital.

Actually, was mostly interested in Sandbox like everyone else. And Halo Wars wasn't a bad game, but if I could go back, I would have gotten the standard and waited a few months for Mythic 1.

Anybody else do this?
I paid a huge sum of money for Sandbox and got a mediocre game that didn't interest me as a bonus. No regrets.

Homeboyd

We got a taste of Southern heat last year. Freaking 110 degree nights with $TEXAS humidity. The A/C had to spend around 2 hours dehumidfying the room air before it could actually start dropping the temp (it was one of those window units), and at times it just gave up and just recirculated air essentially.

I don't even know how you guys do it.
I get it!

Yeah, Texas gets hot...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nah, they were very loud and were just talking to each other about it. It wasn't a very big midnight launch. The one guy there for Wars itself was talking loudly about how "this RTS won't be available on PC, so I have to buy it for Xbox anyway!"

Meanwhile, I was standing there waiting and wondering why once again, it was 15 degrees out in March and walked over to Wal Mart and basked in their lovely heat until 11:55. I think anyone else that wanted Wars for Wars itself probably waited until morning to pick it up. 3/Reach's launches at the same store wrapped around their block. Just once I'd like a Halo midnight launch where I don't have to wear a winter coat. JUST ONCE.
I hate midnight launches too.

rukizzel

Neo Member
Welcome!

Now you have to tell us your craziest camping out story.

I don't really have a crazy story. I mean I guess all the stories are crazy in and of themselves since I camped out, overnight for these things. Halo Fest was the worst of them all. I had no chair, was in basketball shorts and a t-shirt, and slept on the concrete. I must have been mad.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I don't really have a crazy story. I mean I guess all the stories are crazy in and of themselves since I camped out, overnight for these things. Halo Fest was the worst of them all. I had no chair, was in basketball shorts and a t-shirt, and slept on the concrete. I must have been mad.

MS will reward you. With Defiant code.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Now that I think about it I don't really have a single disc map that I hope for in MM. Even Powerhouse is kind of boring now with jetpackers, and that was my favourite.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Does putting an old hard drive into the slim only void your warranty?

No, it doesn't void the warranty on the slim, but obviously if you crack open the drive, the drive itself will be void.

Be careful, static will easily keep it from working properly if you do it wrong. Happened to me before the Slim drives came out in Canada.

wwm0nkey

So apparently the 29th is Microsoft day. Halo 4, Windows 8 consumer preview and Windows Phone 8 details.

Wonder why they are choosing to show all this stuff off so close to each other.

EDIT: Also looks like Reach beat MW2 lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You have to spend money to make money.

Seriously though, why wouldn't a Kickstarter work?

Let's say MLG needs 300 codes initially to cover all the codes they'll need for the 1st event and then whatever gets lost or broken.

300x15$ (hoping less if bought from straight from MS) would be 4500$

If you pledge 15$ you get Gold MLG for 2 weeks

If you pledge 30$ you get to watch MLG Columbus in HD at no extra cost

If you pledge 75$ you get to play all day with your favorite pro

If you pledge 150$ your team gets to scrim Instinct, best of 11 series.

I'm just throwing out shit off the top of my head, obviously there's better stuff to come up with.

The prize? Beaver Creek Slayer, Flag, and or Bomb get added to the Circuit in place of Oasis and Nexus. Are you kidding me ?!?! I'd pledge instantly.

Homeboyd

Seriously though, why wouldn't a Kickstarter work?

Let's say MLG needs 300 codes initially to cover all the codes they'll need for the 1st event and then whatever gets lost or broken.

300x15$ (hoping less if bought from straight from MS) would be 4500$

If you pledge 15$ you get Gold MLG for 2 weeks

If you pledge 30$ you get to watch MLG Columbus in HD at no extra cost

If you pledge 75$ you get to play all day with your favorite pro

If you pledge 150$ your team gets to scrim Instinct, best of 11 series.

I'm just throwing out shit off the top of my head, obviously there's better stuff to come up with.

The prize? Beaver Creek Slayer, Flag, and or Bomb get added to the Circuit in place of Oasis and Nexus. Are you kidding me ?!?! I'd pledge instantly.
Get Ghal to crunch the #'s

G-Fex

I had fun streaming some Reach yesterday. I had to take back Anniversary since the disc was cracked. Got a new one today. Can't wait to play Anniversary multiplayer and stream that bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom