• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

Hey yall, so anyone interested in getting Reach multiplayer achievements, looks like tomorrow at 5pm PST is the only time that works for everyone. We'll need more people probably, so if anyone else is available around then, hop on!

And my GT is kittens revolt. Add me if you haven't already.

Sounds good!

$_$ Why give away your game reveal for free when you can have a magazine pay you for an article?

Exactly. It comes down to cash and who's willing to pay the most for it. At the end of the day it's usually one of the magazines that win. My money is on GameInformer in this case. I could easily see them getting the exclusive.

Why a magazine? I hate when a game is shown in a magazine, terrible way to show a game IMO.

I do prefer a mega trailer but there's a certain charm to an exclusive magazine splash. The Edge reveal for Reach in Jan 2010 was pretty good. I imagine Halo 4 will be an Official Xbox 360 magazine exclusive though.

I think the best way to reveal this is a build up of trailers like those mini ODST movies, or showing the second part of that CGI trailer perhaps?

I don't think its quite time to see gameplay yet :p

Falagard

How do you feel about a text-only teaser ad in Game Informer next December? In Comic Sans.

Cool with me.

ASCII-untitled.gif

CyReN

McFarlane Toys to release Halo 4 action figures

McFarlane Toys has been working with Microsoft and 343 Industries since the release of 2008’s Halo 3 line. For the past three years, wave after wave of Spartan and Covenant soldier have frequently packed the shelves wherever toys are sold. It should come as no surprise then that McFarlane Toys has just confirmed that they’ll be producing action figures based on Halo 4 starting this August. “Halo 4 marks the return of the Master Chief and Cortana,” said Todd McFarlane. “Plus the introduction of new characters, weapons and locations sure to excite long-time fans." Though the only confirmed figures at this time are Master Chief and Cortana, there are two waves announced, and each will consist of four figures. There are also plans for boxed figures that will come with larger accessories, such as Master Chief boxed with a Cryotube.

As if that wasn’t enough to get Halo fans excited, McFarlane also announced a new line of mini-figures based on Halo Avatar items. Coming this fall, the 2 ½” blind box figures will feature the clothing items that are featured on the Xbox Live Avatar marketplace. Fans will be able to hunt down miniature versions of Master Chief, Carter, a Warthog, and more. Todd McFarlane added, “With an avatar figure, each one is a surprise. And collecting a full series of our standard figures can be a significant investment, but an avatar figure is something any fan can afford."

The Halo 4 figures will retail for around $12, and the Avatar minis will be sold for $3 each when they release later this year. How many of you will be adding to your collection when these lines arrive?

Seems very arcadey. Is it? If so then I'm without a doubt getting it. I'm not good at the games that require a lot of skill but if it's a big dumb fun arcadey game I'm so all over it. It will have to wait a bit either way cause I'm picking up Twisted metal next month and I try to limit myself to one game a month tops.

It is the definition of arcadey, and frankly we need more über-unrealistic games like this.

Its out at the end of February.

TheOddOne

Wow, spoiler on that episode. Haven't seen it BUT I GUESS I NOW KNOW WHO LESLIE IS RUNNING AGAINST.

love paul rudd
Sorry man :(

Still there is another candidate that might suprise you too :p

Man, I've just played the laggiest game ever where people where flying around the damn map. I quit, I don't regret it.

What's your opinion on Greg Bear?

Shit, I just wrote a huge post over in the Primordium thread (very spoilerific). I love his work on Halo, but for some reason I often have trouble understanding what the fuck he's talking about. To this day, I still cannot imagine what the
Forerunner capital
looks like, even though he described it in quite some detail (and Frankie drew it for me :lol). I'm not a native speaker, but my English is pretty good. Heck, I can read stuff like ASoIaF with no problem. But when it comes to Cryptum/Primordium... My mind somehow starts firing blanks.

Homeboyd

He is Michael Dongblain... and he is my father. And my mother... my brother... my friend. He is you... and me. He is all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom