• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness though, if you do upload a second musicless one, could it be the clips with a second between each one with no transitions? I'd like to have some fun with video editing too, but I don't have a capture card.
That's actually a pretty good idea.

One video with clips set to music and pretty (but not distracting) transitions.

One super-long video with ALL of the video clips I have captured, with just game audio and half-second gaps between clips.

submitting my only decent play in Reach
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15835875

Not sure how well it will translate to a quick clip in a montage without explanation of the about to lose clutch blainage that transcended. People might just think it's another underwhelming Tashi triple.

On the Halo 3 one I remember submitting a bunch of goofy plays (thinking that's what at least some other people were doing to create a more entertaining montage) and what got included was a run of the mill sniper triple kill I tossed in at the last minute and not some of the other more unusual stuff :(

- Serious skilled plays
- Goofy random clips
- Firefight/Campaign stuff

All kinds of stuff will be included. I'll sort the submissions into different styles and alternate between them (and mix where appropriate).

Don't hold back - the more footage I have to work with the better.

This is also on MLG's front page.

asdfasdfa.png

Not sure what that's about.

Take my clips duncan.

CyReN

I'm hearing:
  1. Zealot TS
  2. Zealot CTF
  3. Countdown TS
  4. Countdown CTF
  5. Beaver Creek TS
  6. Beaver Creek CTF
  7. Beaver Creek Hill
  8. Sanctuary TS
  9. Sanctuary CTF
  10. Damnation TS
  11. Pit CTF

also being tweaked to remove the Pistol now, no more Pistol!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm having just the worst matchmaking experience right now. Teammates not playing or quitting, bad/foreign hosts and teammates who don't know what the fuck they're doing. Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to raging.

edit: Apparently these files aren't the official ones? According to Killa KC's twitter.

How to submit:
- Send me a PM on GAF with a link to your submission.
- Email me a link, or even send me the file if it's small enough. (ncsuDuncan@gmail.com)
- Submit a link here: http://HaloGAF.com/montage

Simply posting clips to the thread is risky.

If I'm at my desktop at home and see your post I can save the links or go ahead and queue the download, but if I'm on my phone or at work that isn't an option.

I don't want anyone to get left out because their clip got buried in the thread, so sending me an email/PM/etc. is the best way - I'll have a record I can easily find later.

Thanks!

----
(Really happy at the responses, HaloGAF. Sounds like we won't have a problem scrounging up quality footage.)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Aw sweet, HaloGAF montage!
I'll submit my scrubby clips when I get out of classes. Looking forward to the final product.

If I remember correctly, 343 will up the fileshare count up to 24 soon. That could come in very handy for the montage (If it happens before the 31th of march that is).

CyReN

Bravo and Gandhi are commentating for Halo Reach, the announcement will involve the 3rd one tomorrow, money on Best Man.

This is a great time to be a Halo fan, with recent MLG news, and Halo 4 soon (hopefully).

Booshka

Simply posting clips to the thread is risky.

If I'm at my desktop at home and see your post I can save the links or go ahead and queue the download, but if I'm on my phone or at work that isn't an option.

I don't want anyone to get left out because their clip got buried in the thread, so sending me an email/PM/etc. is the best way - I'll have a record I can easily find later.

Thanks!

----
(Really happy at the responses, HaloGAF. Sounds like we won't have a problem scrounging up quality footage.)

Just sent you a PM with a wall of clips Duncan, I even put a firefight and campaign clip in there. Good luck with the montage and thanks for doing all the hard work.

Ken

That's actually a pretty good idea.

One video with clips set to music and pretty (but not distracting) transitions.

One super-long video with ALL of the video clips I have captured, with just game audio and half-second gaps between clips.

- Serious skilled plays
- Goofy random clips
- Firefight/Campaign stuff

All kinds of stuff will be included. I'll sort the submissions into different styles and alternate between them (and mix where appropriate).

Don't hold back - the more footage I have to work with the better.
Here's a goofy random clip of team HaloGAF "practicing" for that tournament a few months back.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18136367&player=Chocopolka

JuanGGZ

Banned

Just in case some folks could (again...) believe the last video about Halo 4 and his release date is not a fake. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Be sure to check Steel Life on Vimeo for the original video. So beautiful.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Just in case some folks could (again...) believe the last video about Halo 4 and his release date is not a fake. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Be sure to check Steel Life on Vimeo for the original video. So beautiful.

Fake. Maybe that is what you meant, in your post.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Junior's word vs Frankie's word? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Let's just say I'm looking forward to November this year

If it's still possible for me to get a Halo nameplate I would be very grateful.

also, got a direct hit rocket kill on a jetpacker on Uncaged yesterday. I was so proud

GhaleonEB

Fake. Maybe that is what you meant, in your post.

I wans't sure either.

I must say, I've been disappointed in the quality of the Halo 4 fakes. With Halo 3 and Reach we had some great stuff that either fooled outright or at least gave pause. Nothing so far has convinced anyone. Well, except that one dude on the Gaming side, but there's always one.

Sp someone posted an idea about some kind of HaloGAF leaderboaeds where you could easilly compare stats and things like that, adding specific rewards and medals would be really cool imo so I decided to make some templates in case the idea fully develops in the future.

There're 37 different medals for now, I'm also working on some weapon specific plates but they're not done yet. You can see them all bellow or following this link.

Medallas.jpg

And a bigger view here:
medalla4.jpg

Retro

I only have two halfway respectable showings in Reach, unless we can somehow have some Halo 3 stuff in there too (where I actually have some insane shotgun sprees).

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26939577&player=Retrogames

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26939562&player=Retrogames

Both were just a case of right place-right time but that jump-into-snap is kinda neat looking.

I play with Forge more than anything

Here's a goofy random clip of team HaloGAF "practicing" for that tournament a few months back.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18136367&player=Chocopolka

Needs Yakety Sax

kylej

Banned
if there's a HaloGAF montage it should be limited to legit members. please no random ass Juniors sending clips of double kills while playing as a dinosaur thank you. also limit submissions to like 1 or 2 clips per person so it's not 4 hours long...

I wans't sure either.

I must say, I've been disappointed in the quality of the Halo 4 fakes. With Halo 3 and Reach we had some great stuff that either fooled outright or at least gave pause. Nothing so far has convinced anyone. Well, except that one dude on the Gaming side, but there's always one.

I won't lie, Im surprised at the lack of legit looking fakes, but some of these fake UI videos are fun just to see what people think up. Every once in a blue moon something cool comes out of them, and since we don't have anything real to look at yet I guess its fun. But still, these fakes have been really tame lately, Im surprised there hasn't been anything crazy yet to get people thinking.

if there's a HaloGAF montage it should be limited to legit members. please no random ass Juniors sending clips of double kills while playing as a dinosaur thank you. also limit submissions to like 1 or 2 clips per person so it's not 4 hours long...

Should just have people submit different kinds of clips. So you got an overkill, a double stick, a double snipe, a crazy no scope, an insane vehicle destruction, etc etc. That way everyone doesn't submit their overkill and all we see and overkills.

- Juniors can submit, we don't want to exclude Fyrewulff.
- Submit as many clips as you want.
- Everyone that submits will get at least one clip in the montage.
- If it isn't super long, I'll add more clips - preference given to Members and good footage.

If the montage gets too long, I'll just have everything play at double speed. That way it will be 60fps.
lol no

Should just have people submit different kinds of clips. So you got an overkill, a double stick, a double snipe, a crazy no scope, an insane vehicle destruction, etc etc. That way everyone doesn't submit their overkill and all we see and overkills.

That's one of the reasons I'm not putting a limit on the number of submissions - lets me have a bigger pool to draw from for wider variety.

Overdoziz

Banned
Implying than anyone on here gets overkills.

GhaleonEB

I won't lie, Im surprised at the lack of legit looking fakes, but some of these fake UI videos are fun just to see what people think up. Every once in a blue moon something cool comes out of them, and since we don't have anything real to look at yet I guess its fun. But still, these fakes have been really tame lately, Im surprised there hasn't been anything crazy yet to get people thinking.

I should have been more clear: there's been some impressive stuff, just not anything remotely believable. That fake leaked behind the scenes video was a good example: neat animation, but I pity the fool that believed for a moment it was real.

It's all in the presentation. Someone posted a neat looking UI for Halo 4 a while back as well (around the CEA launch), which also straddled that line. The universal reaction was, wow, nice looking fake dude.

heckfu

Banned

I can guarantee I wont send my overkill clips.

I have some really neat footage of me walking around aimlessly, DuncanNuts. Does that help?

- Juniors can submit, we don't want to exclude Fyrewulff.
- Submit as many clips as you want.
- Everyone that submits will get at least one clip in the montage.
- If it isn't super long, I'll add more clips - preference given to Members and good footage.

If the montage gets too long, I'll just have everything play at double speed. That way it will be 60fps.
lol no

That's one of the reasons I'm not putting a limit on the number of submissions - lets me have a bigger pool to draw from for wider variety.

Hm, sounds fun, I never really save any clips of me playing, but if I do anything exciting Ill try to save it and submit it. So are you only looking for skill based plays, or would you also be open for luck based, and other strange occurrences?

I should have been more clear: there's been some impressive stuff, just not anything remotely believable. That fake leaked behind the scenes video was a good example: neat animation, but I pity the fool that believed for a moment it was real.

It's all in the presentation. Someone posted a neat looking UI for Halo 4 a while back as well (around the CEA launch), which also straddled that line. The universal reaction was, wow, nice fake dude.
Yeah, I do agree, some of the menu's have certainly had nice quality behind them, and seem professional enough, but not to the point of tricking people. Still, they have made me think about what I do what from a menu UI, or more recently what to actually expect effects wise from halo 4.

Anyone see the new 360 today?

AmwYgu8CIAAZZP5.jpg

Wonder if a green slim is in the works for Halo 4. I love my Halo 3 360 but it's getting long in the tooth, and I freaking love green consoles.
343i is an amazing art team. Let them create something special. Only green will look terrible. Otherwise green will always look terrible.(Except it is metallic green)

Let people choose a music clip for their video clip. =)
It isn't a real montage without Linkin Park.

I'm going to send the betrayals and you will give Duncan the Frag Grenade sticky.

Hm, sounds fun, I never really save any clips of me playing, but if I do anything exciting Ill try to save it and submit it. So are you only looking for skill based plays, or would you also be open for luck based, and other strange occurrences?
Anything you think is interesting or entertaining.

I have some really neat footage of me walking around aimlessly, DuncanNuts. Does that help?
I retract my previous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom