• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad Slayer would still be among us. :(

Have we got a solid explanation as to why it's being removed? I really don't understand the idea that you can't appeal to people like us and the people who will just eat whatever shit up. Throw down some primo chow so we all get a bite, but when we notice it's dogshit we're just going to turn our backs while the same people who eat shit, will eat shit.

kylej

Banned
I wouldn't worry too much about that guy's input, a newcomer to Halo developing won't get that much power over gameplay decision making, plus we have Frank "one of the greatest fps games of all times" O'Connor, David "CEA mp pistol behavior carbon copy of CE pistol" Ellis and Chad "AR starts on Standoff" Armstrong there to make sure nothing goes wrong. :)

sometimes I feel like HaloGAF is just

2i0ute9(1).jpg

Have we got a solid explanation as to why it's being removed? I really don't understand the idea that you can't appeal to people like us and the people who will just eat whatever shit up. Throw down some primo chow so we all get a bite, but when we notice it's dogshit we're just going to turn our backs while the same people who eat shit, will eat shit.

I'd assume because of TS + TS TU playlists its too much slayer. So if you want to 5v5 go in Objective. Thats probably the (bad playlist management's) reasoning.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'd assume because of TS + TS TU playlists its too much slayer. So if you want to 5v5 go in Objective. Thats probably the (bad playlist management's) reasoning.
Something like that yeah. It makes no sense. They're removing a Slayer playlist with decent settings and maps and replacing it with a replica of a playlist with Armor Lock, AR starts and poop Forge maps.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I agree, but to your point earlier, it does make it a lot more difficult.

But then you're expecting that all the new gameplay altering features that are available in campaign and in other *new* modes, be excluded from MM. That's where I'm saying I would agree with the more competitive types (you 2), but that the casual players (the vast majority) would disagree even to their own demise.

What are we talking about? I thought all the extra bells and whistles you mentioned had nothing to do with the actual gameplay. Maybe I misread it 0.o

I never asked for armor abilities in Halo and it depresses me that there is not one damn playlist void of them. (Unless I'm forgetting something and no MLG doesn't count)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I never asked for armor abilities in Halo and it depresses me that there is not one damn playlist void of them. (Unless I'm forgetting something and no MLG doesn't count)

Well MLG has armor abilities anyway...Does anniversary classic still exist?

So. Once again, those who dislike the current rotation of Forge maps in Team Slayer.

2 split, 4v4/5v5, Supports slayer, CTF/Ball/Flag support huge bonus. Anyone from ForgeGAF going to step up to the plate?
So how bout that Refuge map? Pretty neat huh.

So the only difference now between TU and Vanilla is 15% less bloom and tweaked AAs? Why aren't the tweaked AAs universal?
And no sword block in TU. Just make the whole damn game TU already.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Overdoz1z, a few friends and I usually meet up to play Reach every night, any particular gametype you might need a film for? Or do you have to make those films yourself? It's a damn good map, and I'd love to see it get in MM. Any way I can help, let me know.

Is that .gif an example of the framerate I should expect from H4?

LOL

Yea, with the removal of bleed through, there really is no reason to hold on to vanilla.

Yep

Also, this is not important, but what's with the stupid 'Super Slayer' name? It's sounds silly, and it doesn't tell you what the playlist is. Should have just named it TU Team Slayer.

Goddamn AC3 sounds incredible!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well if you haven't noticed in the history of Halo playlist management, every change takes 5 months of delicate testing and examination before a final decision can be made.
Yeah, but I just can't imagine what the any of the other steps leading up to actually making it happen would be. Let's have a two week voting process for all the playlists, lol.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be salty about this if Squad Slayer wasn't axed. It leaves me very few options for enjoyable Reach matches, TU or no. Feels bad, man.

Also, this is not important, but what's with the stupid 'Super Slayer' name? It's sounds silly, and it doesn't tell you what the playlist is. Should have just named it TU Team Slayer.
Yep.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, reminds me of when I go into the Anniversary playlists and see people still using the AR. You can give those folks a 3 shot pistol and unlimited rockets yet they'll still insist on using the AR.

I'll never understand it.
Much to my delight. It's a fun list when I'm the mood for mowin' down scrubs left and right, and not playing an actual competitive match.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Honestly, I wouldn't even be salty about this if Squad Slayer wasn't axed. It leaves me very few options for enjoyable Reach matches, TU or no. Feels bad, man.

That's exactly where I'm at now with Reach. I've just recently been getting into squad slayer. Soooo good, fixes most of my problems with Reach. I suppose now I'll give the new 5v5 Team Objective playlist a shot.
On a semi-related note, I agree with a lot of you, removing bleedthrough from TU settings is insane. 2 DMR shots + 1 melee should equal a kill, not just drained shields. What's the point of even keeping vanilla settings around, it and TU aren't all that different anyway, right?

Overdoziz

Banned
Overdoz1z, a few friends and I usually meet up to play Reach every night, any particular gametype you might need a film for? Or do you have to make those films yourself? It's a damn good map, and I'd love to see it get in MM. Any way I can help, let me know.
So far I've got Infection, KotH, (Perf) Slayer and CTF.
That means I need Oddball, Stockpile, Headhunter, Assault and Territories. Preferably in 4v4.

It would be awesome if you could make record some games, I would greatly appreciate it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Much to my delight. It's a fun list when I'm the mood for mowin' down scrubs left and right, and not playing an actual competitive match.

Scrubs in every playlist have been the cause of my Halo skills degeneration lately. :(

I can barely hold my own now in a competitive game. I used to be good in Halo 3 to the point where Therms and I just got up to a 40 in MLG, but now I can't even get 3 kills in an average MLG game in Reach.

My reach disc broke. Really doubtful that I'm gonna replace it. I only have the cea disc and am stuck playing with the 3s pistol with its ridiculous spread.

orznge

Banned
Can't wait to not hear about:
  • if a single player has the potential to be dangerous
  • if going from strafing one direction to another makes you stationary for upwards of 10 seconds
  • if the game features maps that were designed to be played in a multiplayer FPS

Just a reminder.

Scrubs in every playlist have been the cause of my Halo skills degeneration lately. :(

I can barely hold my own now in a competitive game. I used to be good in Halo 3 to the point where Therms and I just got up to a 40 in MLG, but now I can't even get 3 kills in an average MLG game in Reach.

I know that feel. Hell it would happen in highschool when I played volleyball and badminton, playing down to the opponents level instead of always playing your a-game, then facing an opponent worth of you and you're barely able to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom