• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Problematic, how?
I can see a lot of accidental betrayals happening by people who switch playlists frequently and keep forgetting what FF settings are in play in the heat of the moment while wielding a power weapon with splash damage.

Not a fan of inconsistency when it comes to stuff like this, it should be the same for the entire thing.

How do you kill all of the Elites on Keyes? On the 2nd level before you get to the Banshee to finish the level, they keep spawning out of a monster closet, I even went back upstairs to try and pick off the ones below and they would magically appear out of no where, what am I missing?
Here's a good guide for that achievement: http://www.trueachievements.com/a158218/tying-up-loose-ends-achievement.htm

Also, I'd save and quit after getting the checkpoint in that room. Once you do that, you can quit to the dashboard if you get into the banshee and the cheevo doesn't pop up. That way, you won't have to redo the entire level just to get back to that point.

Ramirez

So apparently there is just a lot of Elite waves on Legendary on the Keyes level, I'll just run it back on Heroic later. I'm really trying to knock these chievo's out before 4 hits, I know I won't play it after that...I also need to pick up AC3 tomorrow!

^ It's a pretty terrible achievement to be honest, if you're going to do something like that, add in a kill counter or something. I'm not a fan of a lot of these achievements in CEA.

I can see a lot of accidental betrayals happening by people who switch playlists frequently and keep forgetting what FF settings are in play in the heat of the moment while wielding a power weapon with splash damage.

Not a fan of inconsistency when it comes to stuff like this, it should be the same for the entire thing.

Let's not pretend like the COD kids are going to ever leave the Infinity Slayer playlist for the week they play the game.

I just beat Keyes about 5 minutes ago, the last part was a pain, pretty easy up until that point, especially compared to Two Betrayals...

How do you kill all of the Elites on Keyes? On the 2nd level before you get to the Banshee to finish the level, they keep spawning out of a monster closet, I even went back upstairs to try and pick off the ones below and they would magically appear out of no where, what am I missing?

lol, I love how being a part of the Marine's some how transfers over to your enjoyment of a game...
Two Betrayals is ridiculous. Not nearly enough checkpoints in that mission. If you die you go back like 20-30 minutes

FyreWulff

Halo 2 definitely the hardest Legendary (but also at the same time, cheapest). Still don't have that achievement for Halo 2 PC and it's the only one left...

Halo 1 has the benefit of letting the Flood/Covies thin each other out.

Halo 3 has the benefit of more firepower (you're never without a vehicle for very long) and regen health

Reach is a pain in the ass, but as long as you're patient, you'll get through it.

Halo 2 snipes you before you even finish booting up the game.

Omni

Halo 2 definitely the hardest Legendary. Still don't have that achievement for Halo 2 PC and it's the only one left...

Same. I'm going through on Heroic now... Really don't want to go through on Legendary (I'm much better on Xbox than PC, and I could barely do it on Xbox...)

Wish the game had online coop.

FyreWulff

Same. I'm going through on Heroic now... Really don't want to go through on Legendary (I'm much better on Xbox than PC, and I could barely do it on Xbox...)

Wish the game had online coop.

Are you playing with a controller or KBAM? If you have a wired 360 controller, use that. There's just something off about H2V's KBAM controls that make the game harder. Not related to autoaim or anything, it's like CQB feels off or something. Practically everyone you talk to H2V about feels it too.

Get your avatar!
https://www.legendaryprizes.com/avatar.aspx
exclusive-avatar.png

Can anyone nab me a code? Won't be at a computer for ages and no doubt codes will be gone before then lol.

Trey

I disagree. Tell the people what settings they're playing in a clear, concise manner. I don't want everything to have the same settings as Infinity Slayer. I absolutely do not want that, as FF being on is an actual feature I expect in competitive play.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Guys? Why not address my points?
I'm too distracted by the unnecessary hostility.

On an actual topic that we'd like to talk about;

Looks like Extraction is an interesting spin on Crazy King? Points that you hold, if you lose before the timer is up the enemy team can grab it and get all the credit.

Interesting.

wwm0nkey

Ok I did it and took the risk of playing my retail copy of Halo 4 early on a separate account offline but I just want to say a few things.

This will probably go down as my favorite Campaign experience of any Halo title. So many things done very well from the levels, combat, story and there were several times where I had a jaw drop moment. 343 took Halo and brought it to a new level in terms of story. The music also fits very well into this game when the music kicks in it is very appropriate and very well done. Also the weapons sounds are god like and hearing this like the plasma pistol make a sound when fully charged helps a lot with how I will take on an encounter.

Also I will say this, these are possibly the best levels ever in a Halo title. No mission really feels out of place or boring.

Everyone who worked on this game deserves a huge amount of praise!

.shin

Banned
Looks like Extraction is an interesting spin on Crazy King? Points that you hold, if you lose before the timer is up the enemy team can grab it and get all the credit.

Interesting.

Is there any gameplay of Extraction again? I missed the one and only video a while back cause it got taken down.

EDIT: LOL BARROW

Omni

Ok I did it and took the risk of playing my retail copy of Halo 4 early on a separate account offline but I just want to say a few things.

This will probably go down as my favorite Campaign experience of any Halo title. So many things done very well from the levels, combat, story and there were several times where I had a jaw drop moment. 343 took Halo and brought it to a new level in terms of story. The music also fits very well into this game when the music kicks in it is very appropriate and very well done. Also the weapons sounds are god like and hearing this like the plasma pistol make a sound when fully charged helps a lot with how I will take on an encounter.

Also I will say this, these are possibly the best levels ever in a Halo title. No mission really feels out of place or boring.

Everyone who worked on this game deserves a huge amount of praise!

Without spoilers of course, how are the quick time events?

Are you playing with a controller or KBAM? If you have a wired 360 controller, use that. There's just something off about H2V's KBAM controls that make the game harder. Not related to autoaim or anything, it's like CQB feels off or something. Practically everyone you talk to H2V about feels it too.

I'd like to, but I've only got wireless controllers. Yeah, the KBAM feels off... Never really understood why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom