• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Seriously, LE owners should get something for all this shit. I mean come on, at a certain point, this nonsense really adds up. I appreciate that Frank and David came in here and gave us updates but this is so lame.

I agree with VivaciousJazzy completely. I bought all the maps a month ago and non LE owners got it earlier and now they can get it for free.

darthbob

WHAT THE FUCK?

The DLC is free for everyone? Wow, I'm so glad I got the Limited Edition at this point.

First, the disconnect between retail and LE with the helmets and emblem, then this?

Yeah I hate to be a dick but I could have got the maps for free...I was at my xbox fast enough and the only thing stopping me is the fact I paid more for the LE. Will LE owners get any kind of compensation?

WJD

Don't want to sound like a spoilt, entitled child but what the fuck? Someone remind me why I paid for this Limited Edition please?

MrBig

This aggression is really taking an illogical turn. It's obviously an unintended mistake by the XBL team and will be rectified.

darthbob

Yeah I hate to be a dick but I could have got the maps for free...I was at my xbox fast enough and the only thing stopping me is the fact I paid more for the LE. Will LE owners get any kind of compensation?

No, no we won't.

We'll get a sorry, or something.

Honestly though, I'd be fine if we all got all the pre-order retailer armor/skin, but that will never happen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This aggression is really taking an illogical turn. It's obviously an unintended mistake by the XBL team and will be rectified.
The aggression is taking it too far but asking for some decent or improved service after so many Season Pass mishaps in the past really isn't, and still worthy of criticism.

Tawpgun

This.

It's absolutely fair to feel cheated but some of these complaints are putting too much blame on 343 as if they intended for this to happen. Chances are they weren't involved in any way. I doubt we'll get any kind of tangible compensation. Not sure if there's anyway to only gift things to people who have the pass/LE

Ryaaan14

Banned
Time to apologize by giving everyone Unicorn armor.

Oh right, then the LE console people will complain.

Fuck it, free Game Fuel coupons for all!

GOD DAMMIT THEN DBL XP PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN.

Just had a couple friends try the in-game "store" that didn't purchase the pass, and it told them to pay 800 points for them (U.S. Region).

RdN

Is it possible that it's showing for free for people that used the Specialization codes that were sent via email/xboxlive message?

Tawpgun

Actually, a really nice way of compensating that would be easy to do is to simply release the Majestic map pack earlier for LE/Pass owners.

willow ve

Flipped too many switches today to get this to work? Just got the Crimson Pack for free? Um...

Is it possible that it's showing for free for people that used the Specialization codes that were sent via email/xboxlive message?

Maybe this?

TCKaos

While some of the hate is a bit intensified and not entirely if at all to be put on 343's shoulders, seriously after this shit has happened for so many games MS should have had some kind of fix in mind.

EDIT: Oh shit, the maps are free. This is probably bad.

Got my free maps! Sweet.
It's like I finally get a chance to eat my lunch only to find out it was tainted with Salmonella. I'm sick right now.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MS WITH THESE DAM FU**** PASSES. AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT GIVE ME MY FU**** MONEY BACK. SO SORRY BUT THIS IS INEXCUSABLE ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY'VE EFFED UP BEFORE!!!

willow ve

While some of the hate is a bit intensified and not entirely if at all to be put on 343's shoulders, seriously after this shit has happened for so many games MS should have had some kind of fix in mind.

They do, it's called Xbox 720 and the updated Live Marketplace that will launch with it
still will be capped at 100 friends however
. The current system/setup is all adhoc stuff thrown at the screen as fast as possible, they never could have reasonably predicted DLC would take off and be this important from launch day 7/8 years ago.

Hey You

The description of some achievements changed, for example:

"Now they Fly?"

"IN CRIMSON DLC MATCHMAKING, get a kill while airborne in a Warthog."

Don't think it will be possible in custom games...

Edit: Correction, all of them are in Crimson DLC matchmaking.

I noticed that, tried a couple achievements in customs and it didn't work :/

FyreWulff

I don't have the maps, but sidenote: they kept the same functionality from Reach where the DLC maps show up in the map selection list in customs.

It's like I finally get a chance to eat my lunch only to find out it was tainted with Salmonella. I'm sick right now.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MS WITH THESE DAM FU**** PASSES. AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT GIVE ME MY FU**** MONEY BACK. SO SORRY BUT THIS IS INEXCUSABLE ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY'VE EFFED UP BEFORE!!!

Do people really think it's okay to communicate like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom