• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to play with Zalin and Hydra but they weren't having any of it :p.

Checked out the maps and a few other playlists (poor Slayer Pro, that popuation...)
343, if you want me to play your game, have playlists with:

-No instant respawn
-Traditional weapon system (no personal ordinance, no global ordinance)
-No armour abilities
-No sprint (I can relinquish this one if I must, as I'm guessing)

I want to play your game. Please let me.

Akai__

Seriously 343i. Really? Really?

It's worse than BF3! You can't see shit if you head towards blue team's flag from red team's flag area. In contrast, blue team has full visibility going to red base. I understand trying to make the map visually appealing, but that has just gone overboard.

This is something that bothers me the most in games today. I feel like companies are only doing this, in order to show off how awesome their engine is. It's really bad for players and I don't see, why you have to add such bright lights in a game. Especially in multiplayer...

I also feel like, that it will get more terrible with the next gen consoles. It sure looks great, if you have awesome lighting, but please keep it away from the multiplayer!

---

I downloaded the map pack, searched like 30 minutes for a game, couldn't find a single game and turned off my Xbox. I checked my connection and my NAT and everything is fine, so why couldn't I find a game?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
All the maps are big and it's very not fun getting crossmapped from the corner of your vision. Harvest can be annoying against Blue Team if they stay back.

TCKaos

vynzl.png

After downloading the new maps I am unable to connect to Xbox live. Anyone else getting this?

"Error code 807b01f7 occurs when you try to purchase something from Xbox LIVE"

You're both wieners.

nuh-uh!

Well, I mean the art looks really nice for the skybox. I can't really see how 2D it is in youtube, but I am now prepared.

Seriously 343i. Really? Really?

It's worse than BF3! You can't see shit if you head towards blue team's flag from red team's flag area. In contrast, blue team has full visibility going to red base. I understand trying to make the map visually appealing, but that has just gone overboard.

Eh, I mean I don't mind map hazards such as lighting being in play, but Ill have to play the map to see if it was used in a fun way. BF3 lighting is awful because it looks like puke when it covers up the screen, at least that looks pretty.

wow at the 2d harvest skybox
rip bungie

I cant believe how many people are shitting on this. The game came out and people saw 2d skyboxes.

People need to be realistic with their graphical/engine expectations on 7 year old hardware. Come on. Its a skybox. The rest of the game looks a lot better for it.

MrBig

I cant believe how many people are shitting on this. The game came out and people saw 2d skyboxes.

People need to be realistic with their graphical/engine expectations on 7 year old hardware. Come on. Its a skybox. The rest of the game looks a lot better for it.

Yeah you're right I should ignore bad things that were implemented for negative gains.

exit.gif

Arnie

Jetpacks have no place in Halo and I said it from day one and I'm right.

Solace CTF is just ruined by jetpack users who clamber about the vertical ramps. Simply ruined.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

What is disappointing is the framerate on the maps, when they chug they chug hard and it makes it really hard to aim during these frame drops.
Solace CTF is just ruined by jetpack users who clamber about the vertical ramps. Simply ruined.
Regardless Solace is not a good map.

^ Eh, despite my disappointment with these maps the odds are I would buy them anyways to give the game more variety, even if its not the type I want. Its saving me money, so I don't really mind, but it will be interesting to see how future Halo season passes fare. Now if all the map packs end up being flops I will reconsider doing so in the future, but for now Ill remain optimistic.

Well, I can't really comment since I haven't seen it yet, but Im just assuming it looks really bad compared to the other maps. I do agree though that the tradeoffs did pay with a lot of the other maps, but to be fair Harvest looks bland as hell. It basically looks like they reused assets from other environments, and not even interesting or good looking ones. Its too bad Harvest didn't look more lush, and well, harvest-able. Like a working farm where crop was growing would have been cool and unique theoretically.

I do think that people would like these maps a bit more if they weren't all bundled together, especially when the game is desperately needing smaller 'classic' Halo maps. I would kill for some maps with more 'design' to them, stuff like Midship, Lockout, or even something bigger like Construct would be awesome.

Dirtbag

its kinds of refreshing not getting a mappack for once. Harvest looked interesting to me, but the others didn't seem like my cup of tea at all. All this framerate talk has me missing them even less.

I've still been playing in my daily spurts, but I can definitely feel my interest waining early on this one. I don't know what it is, the gunplay is so good too.
I'm curious how the mappacks will be handled if I decide to get the next one and not this first one. How will the playlist system work out for me I wonder.

CyReN

So they screwed up the map pack? I'm not at all surprised.

They only screwed the limited edition/season pass owners to be fair (9 hours after release), and gave the rest the map pack for free. Frankie did apologize and I'm sure 343/MS is working on a "fix".

They may lose out on some money but it will get people on Halo 4.

Omni

Just got mah first perfection. Who cares if it were in the DLC playlist where I've only played a few games... Still counts

68469267.png

Yeah you're right I should ignore bad things that were implemented for negative gains.

exit.gif

Oh so you value 3d skyboxes more than native 720p or better lighting, or whatever trade off that may have been made. That's totally fair. I just value the inverse of that. Saying its bad and its for negative gains is pretty damn childish, though. I'd say there are better things to complain about.

MrBig

Oh so you value 3d skyboxes more than native 720p or better lighting, or whatever trade off that may have been made. That's totally fair. I just value the inverse of that. Saying its bad and its for negative gains is pretty damn childish, though. I'd say there are better things to complain about.

Yeah I'm peeved that I'd have to look at that ugly thing meanwhile the framerate is shit, the bloom/lighting is blinding me, and the draw distance is horrid. Negative gains.

Focus was put into all the wrong places with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom