• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_JO

Banned
images

Keep up the good work 343i. You are almost there.

Ramirez

I find the CoD references silly, I can go play BO2 for an hour, then come back to Halo 4 and just instantly appreciate how great the combat is in a Halo title compared to CoD. Obviously it aped some its features, but they're so different at their cores the direct comparisons fall flat.

raindoc

images

Keep up the good work 343i. You are almost there.

here you go:

It's not close to CoD.

I have played CoD, and although there are similar bulletpoints, this game is nowhere close to CoD.

Maybe if Infinity Slayer and SWAT were combined, every player was forced Sage color and they added airstrike mechanics to ordnance.

people always using the go-to insult "it's like CoD" if they're not happy with a FPS = boring.

MIMIC

Banned
Been playing more and more Regicide. Pardon my French, but this game type is FUN AS FUCK ^_^ It's so tense and fast-paced.....especially if you've been battling for 1st place for the last few minutes of the game.

Master_JO

Banned
This game is a shit ton better than Reach, does everybody at least agree on that?

I agree on that. Better then Reach and worse then Halo1-3.

But dont take my word for it. I dont consider Reach and Halo 4 Multiplayer a true Halo MP formula.

So in my book they both suck. MP wise.

Ken

Alright, forget anything I've ever posted about saying others posts are bad.

We have a new barometer for bad opinions, folks!

he writes reviews for metacritic

he knows what he's talking about

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Average User Score: 8.1
Halo is a boring game, its time to stop milking the franchise and start working on something fun. This game is more then 10 years old and looks stupid.

inb4 "they aren't srs reviews but meant to expose how useless metacritic user reviews are"

I don't think Halo 4 is the greatest game ever, but it's not nearly as bad as all the complaining. It's no where near the level of CoD bad, just as Ram mentioned. And I'm still trying to figure out why Kyle was allowed to make an OT for Halo 4 when he clearly hates the game with a passion. Is that normal on Neogaf? It's just inviting an influx of complaining/bitching, as if the bad OT gives everyone the right to go say absolutely shitty things about or toward 343. I think everyone has heard the complaining, including 343. Would be better to let it die, and that's coming from a master complainer such as myself, lol. /shrug

i think there is plenty of hope for this game, personally :O

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo 4 is better than Reach, but there are many factors which make the game "Reach-like", the stupidness of these 3 AAs : Jetpack, PV and Camo ruin mostly every map flow and fun you could have against players who abuse it.

Camo paired with a boltshot as starting weapon almost invites everybody for being a annoying player.
PV stops gameplay, not like armor lock but in a same manner, the best way to counter it? get a perk after you hit at least level 60 :( And if you pick that perk you have no option to reduce your flinching or other things.

The infinity gametypes are still the most unenjoyable gametype in the game ( next to FFA Regicide), just because I feel cheated.. why does Player X get in his first ordnance a sniper but I still get only neelders and SAWs. Also I'm no fan of a gametype where everyone has a powerweapon, so also no BTB inifnity.

Other big problems? Instant respawn paired up with the horible spawns on the map.

And for gods sake, fix the global ordnance in non-infinity gametypes (at least) back to static spawns and times.

Everyone who played good customs knows how brilliant Halo 4 could be, but the gametypes and playlists aren't doing it. Also we need more small maps.

Ramirez

Camo boltshot?

Nah, I still stand by my statement that if you're getting dominated by tactics like that then you need to adjust the way you're playing. You can combat lame tactics like that, there's nothing you can do about a guy jetpacking to the ceiling and shooting you over your cover.

Gazzawa

I don't think Halo 4 is the greatest game ever, but it's not nearly as bad as all the complaining. It's no where near the level of CoD bad, just as Ram mentioned. And I'm still trying to figure out why Kyle was allowed to make an OT for Halo 4 when he clearly hates the game with a passion. Is that normal on Neogaf? It's just inviting an influx of complaining/bitching, as if the bad OT gives everyone the right to go say absolutely shitty things about or toward 343. I think everyone has heard the complaining, including 343. Would be better to let it die, and that's coming from a master complainer such as myself, lol. /shrug

Kyle J is the OP we deserve. Not the one we need.

Nah, I still stand by my statement that if you're getting dominated by tactics like that then you need to adjust the way you're playing. You can combat lame tactics like that, there's nothing you can do about a guy jetpacking to the ceiling and shooting you over your cover.
One change I would like to see is the removal of this weapon in CTF on Solace:
2822128-mobile_inline.png

It does not belong.

EDIT:
Kyle J is the OP we deserve. Not the one we need.
Coincidentally, I'm watching Dark Knight Rises right now lol.

Omni

Yeaaap, my thoughts exactly. This thread is worse than the Halo 4 forum on Waypoint... It's sad really.

Just how drab can a developer made map get, visually? Remember when donuts used to argue that there'd be no need for DLC because you could make any map you want in Sandbox/Forgeworld? Then everyone would argue that yes, you can make the maps but the visual monotony of the pieces used to compose them precluded them from being truly fresh maps and that as a consumer we pay the premium for new maps as DLC because they're made with a visual flair and vitality only the devs and their mapmaking tools are capable of... This map looks like it was made in Forge on Erosion using rocks and plain white buildings. I recall when people joked that Bungie would charge us for maps made in Forge. LOL.

Bravo just announced he with 343, yay I can finally talk.

He is working HARD on fixing the game, it depends on how much 343 lets him (or listens).

Cool.

What's wrong with it?
game stinks

sig's streaming www.twitch.tv/siglemic
Even for being disappointed with the game, to the point of hating it, that's a brazenly slanderous OP. I get and understand why he's unhappy with the game, but, in that case, leave the OT to someone else. Yeesh. I would have been butchered alive if I had made an OT like that back in the day with my feelings for Halo 3 and Reach.

Omni

Sooo... The Infinity Challenge.

I kinda wish it was just randomly drawn, because I know that there are people who can sit on their Xboxes all day and play the shit out of games. The fact that people are already at max rank is a testimony to this.

I guess the fact that it's broken into three tiers makes it a bit better and gives people a bit more of a chance, but still.

Even for being disappointed with the game, to the point of hating it, that's a brazenly slanderous OP. I get and understand why he's unhappy with the game, but, in that case, leave the OT to someone else. Yeesh. I would have been butchered alive if I had made an OT like that back in the day with my feelings for Halo 3 and Reach.

He spent years developing that OP with extensive testing, give him a break.

Sordid

Didn't Halo 3 sell 3.3m between the 25th of September and the start of October with a tiny userbase? Heck, even Reach shifted 3.3m copies between the 14th of September and the start of October without being a numbered sequel or having the Chief in the game. Selling 3.2 million copies from the 6th of November is obviously a great achievement but the fan base doesn't seem to be growing.

I guess either those numbers are wrong or the sweeping changes didn't attract all the CoD fans they were hoping :/

Edit: or I might have picked the numbers up wrong of course!

Jetpack & PV are the only 2 AA's that make me rage consistently. JP just shits on map design, and I'll never understand why a level designer would want it near their game.
What AA do you use most of the time? I realize how silly Jetpack is, yet I usually stick with it because of the enormous advantage.

Ken

It's OT13.

We don't really need a "OT quality" first post; just need someone to start a thread.

Omni

After a week or so of not playing Halo 4 and getting some Far Cry 3 in (still haven't finished it :s), going back to Halo 4 feels really good.

The things that irritated me before, don't so much now. Interesting.

Striker

One change I would like to see is the removal of this weapon in CTF on Solace:
2822128-mobile_inline.png

It does not belong.
It doesn't belong anywhere. Neither does the FRG. Why they opt to use those two, plus the Laser, in MM to counter vehicles is awful. Add in the Beam Rifle not getting much action, but a Binary Rifle does, is another. 343 gotta showcase their new toys somehow, I guess.

Railgun is great though. But there's more negatives than goodies in the new weaponry. Boltshot can GTFO.

It's OT13.

We don't really need a "OT quality" first post; just need someone to start a thread.
Oh i agree, but you don't think starting a new thread with "game stinks" is a bit much? We need someone to start a threat, not troll a thread, especially when more than just haters represent the thread and it's such a sensitive topic right now. I love Kyle's posts for the most part. They are funny and have quite a bit of wit put into them. I like the negative posting more than most when it brings attention to the problems with the game, but the OP reads like a petty insult directed at 343 with no reasoning behind it, whether it was or wasn't. And to anyone new to halogaf or just visiting, it makes everyone here look like we're a bunch of kids on the interwebs. It's not promoting any kind of constructive discussion, and I don't believe it was meant to promote any. It also doesn't speak on behalf of everyone who posts here. Just like Reach was a great game, but not necessarily a great halo game, most would admit that halo 4 is a good game, but not necessarily a good halo game - and I would add, "yet." Honestly, I realize this is probably not worth causing a stink about, but I just thought the post was bang out of order. Anywho, back to work for me!
stay_classy_internet_meme_face_t_shirts-rb877a19a904c4cb59ccd052f929ca718_804gy_325.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom