• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
So what was this immensely exploitable glitch that could not be spoken of until after the TU launched? There's nothing on that list that qualifies as something like that.

zap

So what was this immensely exploitable glitch that could not be spoken of until after the TU launched? There's nothing on that list that qualifies as something like that.

The loadouts resetting if you shut down the game before the start screen was pretty abusable. I don't want to see the kinda people who would have exploited that one.

TheOddOne

Wow, Team Downer having a field day. Gotta tell us how much the game sucks, consistently!

Lolz

I think fixing exploits in maps and weapons is pretty significant. I read a whole lot of angst here about the Boltshot glitch and map exploits. That's pretty low level fruit relative to other issues (such as, say the Boltshot itself). But it's far and away the fastest response we've seen in any Halo game to date. And it's in addition to small, incremental updates made each week.

I think it's impressive. The game needs so much more. But it's clear they're working, and fast.

343 put a huge investment into updating the tech and tools on the back end to facilitate these kind of faster, more frequent updates. One month out it's paying dividends.
tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif

GrizzNKev

Banned
I say that now because Halo 4 maps with classic settings are too big.

Jelly.

The Pit, Guardian, Lockout, Colossus, Foundation. No sprint, no instant respawn, no AAs, BR + pistol spawn, 110% damage. Fun set of games. It really showed Halo 4's potential.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Wow, Team Downer having a field day. Gotta tell us how much the game sucks, consistently!

Lolz
Shitting on Halo is becoming the new feed it pizza as far as the actual humor to usage ratio.

The Pit, Guardian, Lockout, Colossus, Foundation. No sprint, no instant respawn, no AAs, BR + pistol spawn, 110% damage. Fun set of games. It really showed Halo 4's potential.
Wish I could see vids.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Remove those three AA's, add in red x death markers, respawn timers, and all of a sudden the game gets much much better, like exponentially better. I have no idea what 343 is smoking not go ahead and just do that right this second. Live in the now!!!
Add fixed power weapon spawns, and I'd be excited to play Halo 4 again.

Remove those three AA's, add in red x death markers, respawn timers, and all of a sudden the game gets much much better, like exponentially better. I have no idea what 343 is smoking not go ahead and just do that right this second. Live in the now!!!

Make these three AAs ordnance (camo as a powerup, the other two as AAs). Problem solved, very elegantly too.

So I just realised - anyone who buys the game from this point onwards will be at a disadvantage because they won't have perks - and even if they play through enough to hit max rank they can't access some of the more useful specializations.

The Christmas crowd are going to be easy prey.

TheOddOne

Matchmaking has been pretty decent about splitting higher ranked players. For example I'm 60 now and I usually get between 35 and higher. Had bunch of matches yesterday with only people about 40.

TheOddOne

Rank =/= skill.
Ha, knew somebody would say that. Still, there is a clear seperation between those who are at an advantage (the higher the rank, the more options you have to unlock perks). Matchmaking so far for me has done a fine job.

On an unrelated note: Finally unlocked Stability.

jhE39ju363gPE.png

Have not played with it yet, will do tonight or in the afternoon.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Ha, knew somebody would say that. Still, there is a clear seperation between those who are at an advantage (the higher the rank, the more options you have to unlock perks). Matchmaking so far for me has done a fine job.

On an unrelated note: Finally unlocked Stability.

jhE39ju363gPE.png

Have to played with it yet, will do tonight or in the afternoon.
I'm 52, a shit player, and use unlocks I've had available from SR-20 or so.

No good indicator.

lol, I'll never understand the ire this game is getting on here, considering how people put up with Reach so much longer.

Probably has something to do with the lists of bugs.faults.changes that people dislike that have been posted in the last four or so Halo threads...

The claims are legitimate, and are you paying attention to the numbers? They aren't lieing. These are actual statistical facts. (Not the IGN rating)

Its weird I'd think you'd like this Halo less considering how close its getting to CoD.

TheOddOne

I'm 52, a shit player, and use unlocks I've had available from SR-20 or so.

No good indicator.
Uhm, I didn't mean that ranking is skill based though. Was more talking about the advantage perk wise, but people are right about people coming late into the game at being at an disadvantage. I feel that matchmaking makes up for some of the disadvantage.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Its weird I'd think you'd like this Halo less considering how close its getting to CoD.
It's not close to CoD.

I have played CoD, and although there are similar bulletpoints, this game is nowhere close to CoD.

Maybe if Infinity Slayer and SWAT were combined, every player was forced Sage color and they added airstrike mechanics to ordnance.

Ramirez

Didn't you quit Halo? :p

Probably has something to do with the lists of bugs.faults.changes that people dislike that have been posted in the last four or so Halo threads...

The claims are legitimate, and are you paying attention to the numbers? They aren't lieing. These are actual statistical facts. (Not the IGN rating)

I'm indifferent to it honestly. It's neither good or bad to me, it's just there, I get on and have fun from time to time with Omlet & the gang, but I don't think any game is going to get me on every night for hours anymore, I've come to accept that. :p

GloveSlap

camo and jetpack are more prevalent than before

Agreed on camo, but there is way less jetpack than Reach in my experience.. Probably because the guns are actually precise in Halo 4 so you can shut down the idiots that just fly straight up in the air.

I am much more forgiving to Halo 4 because of the quick kill times, precise guns, and decent movement. Reach's lack of those things was like a magnifying glass of it's other flaws. Take out Camo and there is nothing in Halo 4 that REALLY gets on my nerves. Camo needs to go though.

Ramirez

Jetpack & PV are the only 2 AA's that make me rage consistently. JP just shits on map design, and I'll never understand why a level designer would want it near their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom