• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

Meanwhile at DICE:

I don't understand this statement. She just said they aren't releasing a changelog until they release the TU. Isn't that a fairly normal practice? The reasoning makes sense to me.
Atleast they will release the patchnotes later, but the reasoning, why they don't want to post them earlier is a little bit silly, don't you think?
If you don't have it by hand, it's following: "we don't want them abused any more than they already might be".

People will always abuse things in videogames...

Who is this and why is he doing such things. I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

---

Also happy Birthday Hydranockz. :)

No no, that wasn't him. That was some other guy. I don't know what their relationship is.

Happy Birthday Nockz! 2 days before mine eh? January bros 4lyfe
Well, that is still nasty. Last thing I wanted to see this morning was some hairy white man's fish belly tan.

Omni

Primordium:
I had no idea that 343 GS was also the composed mind of Chakas and the Lord of Admirals, Forthencho, that we see the Didact defeat and talk to in the terminals

and the Lord of Admirals? I might be a bit rusty but where is that stated? I thought 343 was just Chakas or whatever

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Currently awaiting a big Mexican breakfast while also battling a stuffy head and whatnot.

I might try hop on Halo later for a micless session where I get host.

TheOddOne

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Currently awaiting a big Mexican breakfast while also battling a stuffy head and whatnot.

I might try hop on Halo later for a micless session where I get host.

Well sir we share a birthday. Have a good one!
Happy B-day to you both.

Hydra will prolly be kidnapped by Mexican drug lords and have to sno sno his way out. Captain will meet blood, an kind hearted chicken go lives under the sea.

and the Lord of Admirals? I might be a bit rusty but where is that stated? I thought 343 was just Chakas or whatever

In Primordium, mainly.
After The Didact (whether this was Ur-Didact, or Bornstellar-Didact is unclear, just like we don't know which Didact is in Halo 4, either, just that he is not the same Didact the activated the Halo Array 100 000 years ago) defeats the Ancient Humans lead by Forthencho the Lord of Admirals on Charum Hakkor (the capital world of the Human-San'Shyuum alliance), the remaining humans, as well as the Lord of Admirals, are held alive in some structure/tomb on The Capital (the huge megastructure that dwarfed the Halos that served as the political centre of the Forerunner Ecumene). The Forerunners decide to archive all the remaining Ancient Humans' minds and memories using the Composer, which destroys their bodies. The Librarian and other Lifeworkers eventually imprint this "saved-state conciousness" unto various primitive humans in an attempt to hopefully reveal how the humans supposedly cured the Flood (we later learn that Ancient Humans did not actually cure the Flood, which really pisses ONE of the Didacts off at one point). Forthencho, the Lord of Admirals, is imprinted onto Chakas thousands of years later (and he actually has conversations with him from time to time). Chakas then eventually get's Composed, turning him into 343 Guilty Spark. Also, the Lord of Admirals main political opposition, and the "leader" of the Ancient Humans' science and technology, Yprin Yprikushma, is imprinted on Riser, Chakas' friend. You see this briefly alluded to in the terminals in Halo 4, too, when the Didact goes to the Capital and locates the Lord of Admirals, telling him of the Forerunners' plan.

There is a section near the end of Primordium with the Lord of Admirals, within Guilty Spark, who is very badly damaged after the events of Halo 3, but recovered by a UNSC vessel. The UNSC interrogate 343 GS, but the Monitor discovers that the Librarian is still alive, takes over the ship, making all the humans aboard sleep, and takes off in some direction in space (likely toward the Greater Ark, which is Installation 00 Ark's "big brother", responsible for the creation of the original 12 Halo rings, which were all 30 000 km in diametre, rather than 10 000 km the "new" Halos built by the lesser Ark that we see get destroyed at the end of Halo 3.) At one point the Lord of Admirals speaks with the UNSC, before 343 takes over.

Sorry for all the spoilers, and parenthesis, there's a lot of story content to summarize.

Yeah we don't know what really happened to LoA in the end.

See above ^^

pmevO.png

TALK ABOUT IT.

Akai__

Someone in one of the used game threads made the argument that if only one of the HD twins blocks used games it could very well be a PR disaster/gold mine.

I didn't saw this post earlier, but could you please explain, what you mean with this?

Happy birthday Captain Blood.

DICE releases (expected) patchnotes often months before the patch hits and they keep descriptions of exploits vague enough so people can't abuse it, but precise enough so people know what it's about. Being transparent about what you're going to do with the game and what you're working on will cause a lot less frustration, especially for the people who want certain things changed. There are enough companies who openly share upcoming patches so people can discuss it so they get even more feedback. Would it kill 343 to have a blog or separate section for patch and matchmaking updates where the playlist manager says what changed they're making and why they're making them? Now we get a short section in a bulletin where BS Angel pretends to know anything about what's going on in Halo multiplayer without any sort of proper explanation. Be transparent for once, 343.

I don't know, I just dislike companies keeping people in the dark like that. Maybe I'm too "entitled".

Totally disagree - until I read the patch notes I had no idea about some of the abusable glitches in the game - once I did all it took was a quick YouTube and I knew how to do a ton of stuff they shouldn't have exposed.

I never really play the game - but that's besides the point - being so open in the patch notes can lead to scummy behaviour.

Balance changes should absolutely be announced well ahead of the patch - but I don't see the point of ever announcing abusable glitches

Again - I really hope 343 release a balance change log well In advance of the patch because it's inexcusable not to at least do that

Happy Bday hydra and blood! How is Mexico hydra? Don't play halo - enjoy your time there while you can. Halo will wait and be just as crappy when your back :p

Balance changes should absolutely be announced well ahead of the patch - but I don't see the point of ever announcing abusable glitches

Again - I really hope 343 release a balance change log well In advance of the patch because it's inexcusable not to at least do that

Yeah they should at the very least talk about sandbox changes they are working on.

What do you guys mean when you say "metagame"?

I would take it as meaning a bunch of players that play together often building loadouts to specifically combat what they know their friends are going to pick.

At least, well, in the card game Magic, to metagame is to build a deck that's only purpose is to beat the deck you know your friend/opponent has, and not necessarily one that would be that viable outside of that constraint, which is how you "should" build a deck. Creating a sort of "meta" game outside of the actual game.

Welp, OK:

mm5PI.jpg

He was in rough shape a 10 months or so ago, when we rescued him. He was found in a river valley near my house, severely underweight. He's a lot healthier now, but still needs to gain 15 pounds to be considered healthy. Everything scares him, like noises or movements... He's a trooper though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom