• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

LosDaddie

Banned
I don't care if its not Halo related, Wind Waker remake in the same vein as Halo CEA (redone graphics and ect) just got announced!

HaloGAF getting excited for an HD re-release of a classic game. Surprise, surprise. :p

I remember not being thrilled when 'Celda' was announced, but I ended up loving it like every other Zelda game. Definitely a great looking game. But I have no desire to play an HD release of it. I put in over 40hrs into the game on GCN. I'm waiting for a new Zelda (and 3D Mario) before getting a Wii U.

*information cannot be retrieved from the server*

Welp, I guess there won't be anymore playing Halo 3 for now. Had some good and bad games today.

What's the Mario HD remake you guys are talking about?

Imagine it, playing THIS

Uv0f0SG.jpg

while on the toilet! Nintendo has won.
That actually looks... weird? Not really cel shaded anymore.

Anyhoo hope they go back and add all the content they cut out this time. Game had a balance tipped a bit too much towards style.

Havok

That actually looks... weird? Not really cel shaded anymore.
I agree. I think adding a bunch of over the top bloom and realistic character shadowing and all of that nonsense really misses the point and makes it look worse than the Wind Waker I can play now on my PC. It's like Dreamworks trying to adapt a Studio Ghibli film (not to compare art styles or anything).

Or like CEA putting spotlights all around what were previously moody levels in the original and changing the tone and atmosphere for the worse. There, Halo-related.

CyReN

Never played Wind Waker, did I miss much? Honestly haven't played anything Nintendo since the N64 days beside some minor time in the last Zelda game.

Never played Wind Waker, did I miss much? Honestly haven't played anything Nintendo since the N64 days beside some minor time in the last Zelda game.

Every console Zelda game has been great. Don't listen to most of the people who say otherwise. They just have unrealistic expectations.

Akai__

One thing, that I noticed, while I played with some friends is, that people are betraying for flags. Such a stupid thing and not being able to drop the flag makes it only worse.

But still, Simplex CTF or Garrote CTF are really good. Props to the CC's and 343i for putting them in.

One thing, that I noticed, while I played with some friends is, that people are betraying for flags. Such a stupid thing and not being able to drop the flag makes it only worse.

But still, Simplex CTF or Garrote CTF are really good. Props to the CC's and 343i for putting them in.

Betray a teammate carrying flag.
> immediately boot
> temp ban
> derank

Obviously you don't want this system to mess up :p

Wind Waker looks rad, now I'm tempted to buy a Wii U. Wind Waker is one of my all-time favorites.

edit: Also a SMT and Fire Emblem crossover? Whoaaa

Madness

For me, A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game. The first game I ever got 100% on. To this day I still cannot believe I was so young and found out how to beat the bosses, solve all the puzzles, find all items as a young kid, without the internet etc.

The music is still fresh in my mind too after all these years. Sure ocarina of time and majoras mask and wind waker were great, but for me alttp is the best.

Kuroyume

Banned
WW was incredibly boring. Lame dungeons and it took forever to get around even with the hurricane you could call. Looked nice back then but that's about it...

Havok

What's the difference between those and base CTF?
15 second reset time vs. 35 second reset time, 3 second return time vs. no return capability, flag at home to score, maps that actually make sense for the settings vs. batshit bonkers settings on the base maps.

Best of luck trying to get CTF if you don't have enough people to force the vote away from Infinity Slayer on Lockout.

Top Bottom