• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Fuchsdh

Human vs human conflict?! And then we'll truly get the CoD game 343i envisioned!

too salty?

I'd personally hate that. But I think the story begs for some element of it. As long as they never swap out the Covenant for Insurrectionists, basically. That would just suck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Usually I think GAF overall is so pro Sony but damn that thread is amazing. I'm really pumped for this unveil on the 20th.
My sentiments exactly.

RE: H2 Narrative

I though it was really interesting what they did with the story. Not a fan of what they did overall, but I though the way they expanded on the Covenant from their perspective and gave people that look really was some of the juiciest stuff for those of us who really wanted the universe to develop. I just feel like they didn't go far enough with it. I feel the Arbiter's story just kind of diminished somewhere between Halo 2 and 3, and at the same time, even though fully knowing it's not realistic to expect, wish they went even further into the workings and history of the Covenant hierarchies. Maybe even some stuff like what is in the terminals in Halo 4, just not in terminals because they are fucking stupid.

wwm0nkey

If this is what first wave UE4 games are going to look like I can't wait to see what Halo 2 HD and Halo 5 are going to look like.

daylight_008.jpg

Omni

brofist.jpg

EDIT: While we're on it can anyone do/tell me how to make my profile pic's background transparent?

blahgf.png

I'd personally hate that. But I think the story begs for some element of it. As long as they never swap out the Covenant for Insurrectionists, basically. That would just suck.
Yeah, I agree. The way the story is heading now I can't see it not happening... Though to be honest I just don't really want to see it. I'd much rather the story focus on a bigger threat like the Precursor/Flood return or something.

Ghazi

I know, I know. I have trouble deciding what really suits me and since I'm posting in football gaf more often now my avatar matches well there.

Look at the wild heckfu in his natural habitat, quickly changing camouflages to adapt to wherever he may find himself. (Nigel Thornberry voice)

Dirtbag

Blueblur1

Graphical achievements makes sense, but connectivity?
I guess I'd have to understand what that technically means first, but they basically fucked up the system bungie nailed as far as I can understand. Meh

I guess The Academy Interactive Arts & Sciences folks don't dig that deep into games when it comes to certain categories. I mean, I know Halo 4 is a good game (just not a good Halo game by our standards) but it has its problems. Is Black Ops 2 plagued with even more problems? It's an interesting choice.

343 worked hard on the game but it's 'connectivity' features have been riddled with problems. One of them just started working properly 10 days ago after all.

CyReN

Why do people always assume that if they can't connect to Xbox LIVE, the whole service must be down, and it certainly isn't anything on my end?

/frustratedtechsupportguy

because other people said it on twitter from different parts of the country, mind blowing eh?

0/2 tonight.

Karl2177

Join In Progress is the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.

Yeah... no.

It's definitely a good thing and something that social Halo lists could use. But the way it is currently implemented is frustrating as heck. Honestly, Halo Reach and Halo 4 both have some moderately good ideas that were just implemented really badly.

Yeah... no.

It's definitely a good thing and something that social Halo lists could use. But the way it is currently implemented is frustrating as heck. Honestly, Halo Reach and Halo 4 both have some moderately good ideas that were just implemented really badly.

Mmmm no, but leave the match without penalties is worse.

I'm not specifically talking about Halo with that sentence. I'm playing Black Ops 2 right now and oh my god it is just the worst. I do not want to join 10 games in a row that I'm automatically going to lose because I joined a losing team.

Why is it so hard for developers to just add an option to only join game lobbies?

Seriously? What's so much better about joining a game where you're going to lose automatically then just entering a lobby? You get in the action like 10 seconds faster? Game lobbies don't end when people leave? Just punish quitters harshly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone play Halo with me in, umm, thirty minutes.

I genuinely enjoy Exile CTF.

It's a good map when there's no tank, gauss and banshee on the map.

This should be the default version.
Totally agree. Who would have guessed that removing all the heavy vehicles would make it more fun? Uncanny!

Karl2177

I'm not specifically talking about Halo with that sentence. I'm playing Black Ops 2 right now and oh my god it is just the worst. I do not want to join 10 games in a row that I'm automatically going to lose because I joined a losing team.

Why is it so hard for developers to just add an option to only join game lobbies?

Seriously? What's so much better about joining a game where you're going to lose automatically then just entering a lobby? You get in the action like 10 seconds faster? Game lobbies don't end when people leave? Just punish quitters harshly.

In games where performance only counts towards a solo progression, JiP gets you into the action faster thus getting you into your progression faster. It's why I said that social playlists should use it. In social it shouldn't matter if you win or lose, because it's social. Notice how I'm using social to describe what I'm talking about.

Also, if you stick with the lobby, you shouldn't be joining a game in progress 10 times in a row.

Top Bottom