• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Why are the Spartans amazed by the Elite's camo technology?
AN ENERGY SWORD? WOOOOOOWWWWW BRO.

Yeah, I didn't find that piece particularly convincing as in Universe piece. 20+ years of war, Spartan 4s, the new best of the best, with the most expensive tech on the most expensive ship, and they're blown away by common Covie tech?

At the very least, it breaks my/the players connection with the characters as this is nothing new for us.

--------------------------
On a related note, the expressions on their faces strike me as so ridiculous, it's almost as if 343I are giving us a wink and a nod.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yeah overshield seems to come up constantly even at 90 seconds, I can't imagine 60 seconds. It makes for pretty good flow though since you have to rush to overshield so often.

I think if you put ramps to inner ring from sniper door it would be pretty neat too

Almost like Sanctuary? Yea I can see that working. I don't necessarily think it's an issue though.

Moa

Well UNSC camo has been around since Reach and my SPOPS Spartan certainly has a camo loadout...

I'm not one to complain about canon (S3s on REACH!?!?!?), but the camo incident stuck out like Heckfu at a waxing parlor.

EDIT: Double post. Why don't you nerds post faster!?

Curious - was the Camo AA in Reach built off of Covenant tech?

Karl2177

Make a Camo AA avatar and we should all wear it with a big fat caution sign over it. It'll be like a HaloGAF protest lol

We must unite!

I'll meet you halfway.

in4KWEtFHMUNl.png
ietQZKUBqzuti.png
i3wIwBR5ywrYp.png

Well UNSC camo has been around since Reach and my SPOPS Spartan certainly has a camo loadout...

I'm not one to complain about canon (S3s on REACH!?!?!?), but the camo incident stuck out like Heckfu at a waxing parlor.

EDIT: Double post. Why don't you nerds post faster!?
It is an awful scene. I do not understand how such a scene could get into the CGI episode. They try to sell the new Spartan IVs as super solider. But this scene showcases them as incompetence. What's the point of War games simulation? I like Spartan IVs but the characters 343i created are awful. Palmer, Team Majestic, Team Switchback. They do feel all incompetence. A huge missed opportunity. Sadly. Maybe they can change track with fiction or a second season... (And yes. I wish a second season of SpOps if it is like the Second half of season one.)

The Spartan Ops stuff? A mechanic to have them find Halsey.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the stuff from this weeks SpOps Episodes and Chapters.

I'm saying it's how they're going to end up meeting Halsey again, given that they have no other leads.
Yes. The map clearly shows the position of Jul on Requiem. But I look forward what (Episode 9 spoiler)
those maps are about, the Librarian shows Halsey.

Fuchsdh

Fixed.

Halo 4 needed more cut-scenes and ambient conversation.
Well there was more Chief and Cortana banter than ever before. I thought some of the cutscenes were sort of stupid in that they could have been done in game (unless there were some odd tech reasons.)

EDIT lol at gaming side Durango rumors. "I'm never buying it" based on unsubstantiated rumors? Good gravy, I thought HaloGAF overreacts but we usually have better reasons than this :)

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I am 18 years old and Iam from Germany and Poland ^^
How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I play halo since Halo CE and played and own all games.
What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Spartan Ops, Theater)
First Multiplayer, then Forge , and never Spartan Ops... it sucks :D
What is your favorite playlist?
A normal slayer ( if it existed ), Snipers ( if it existed ), Rumble Pit ( IF IT EXISTED ), King of the hill ( IF IT EXISTED !!! ), Multi Team ( ... )

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I have already Myyke, Elza and IhaveIce in my fiendlist.
My Tag is Semmy W, and I play inverted ;)
DMR = BR > AR

IHaveIce

Banned
How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I am 18 years old and Iam from Germany and Poland ^^
How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I play halo since Halo CE and played and own all games.
What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Spartan Ops, Theater)
First Multiplayer, then Forge , and never Spartan Ops... it sucks :D
What is your favorite playlist?
A normal slayer ( if it existed ), Snipers ( if it existed ), Rumble Pit ( IF IT EXISTED ), King of the hill ( IF IT EXISTED !!! ), Multi Team ( ... )

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
I have already Myyke, Elza and IhaveIce in my fiendlist.
My Tag is Semmy W, and I play inverted ;)
DMR = BR > AR

Look at this handsome fuck <3 Finally you are approved it took you long enough, now we can rant about infinity together here

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Camo needs to be changed into an ordnance drop with the same weighted percentage as Incinerator Cannon, Sniper, and Rockets.

This crouching camo bullshit is insane.

Toa TAK

Banned
Well there was more Chief and Cortana banter than ever before. I thought some of the cutscenes were sort of stupid in that they could have been done in game (unless there were some odd tech reasons.)

The ChiefxCortana parts were the strongest parts of the story. Aside from her weird sendoff, Halo 4 did well in this regard.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
If they could have it so he fades out as if he's putting on camo...

That was something we noted last night actually. People switching to camo half way through the match in Infinity Doubles. No sign of PV though.

Played Doubles Pro with Fufis last night and it was good. It just made me miss Team Slayer Pro that much more, though.

Top Bottom