• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

ElRenoRaven

OK, that's what I was hoping the implication was. Now I just want to know the extent of that. Like if I go somewhere someone else has already been, could I find left behind weapons/equipment? Altered scenery? Incomplete mission objectives? Will NPCs talk about other players (people on my friends list)?

That's the big question. I know they mentioned that as doing missions you could come across people and team up with them for example. So I know there is that. The rest though they weren't super specific. I really figure at E3 we'll get a good look at it.

If you haven't I'd suggest checking out This Polygon article. It's actually one of the better ones out there I've seen.

Ramirez

Good sir, I've been extensively insulted on the internet but being called french is crossing the line!

Guess I should check my facts better next time.

tQaPBVK.gif

KSI used to be a pyramid scheme. You could only be a member if you recruited 2 other members within 2 month of joining or something stupid along those lines.

The trade-off is usually less maneuverability for more accuracy. What could be the trade-off here if there's no bloom while having ADS?

Why does there need to be a trade-off? What's the advantage someone has ADS over shooting from the hip if they're both equally accurate? Why are we restricting our creativity to what has already been done? liamneesonwhy.gif

The gaming industry needs more fresh experiences that a new console generation will hopefully bring, especially with FPS's. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it won't be done.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tashi is lord of the scrubs, so that makes sense.

They do not except cinnamon snorting Frenchmen. (I think you're French, other wise, I've failed.)

Borderlands has ADS, this game is BL taken to the next level (my guess), ADS will be in. But, ADS makes sense in that type of game, so I'm ok with it.

LOL I used to actually be in KSI for like a month. I was like 16 so that's my excuse.

Also, someone put a Destiny Tricorn on my avatar plox

LOL I used to actually be in KSI for like a month. I was like 16 so that's my excuse.

I don't think you need to make accuses for it because look:

Tashi is lord of the scrubs, so that makes sense.

They do not except cinnamon snorting Frenchmen. (I think you're French, other wise, I've failed.)

Just compare the grammar:

jmUiKaK.png

So who's the real professional here? ;]

-EDIT-

Why would anyone ever use ADS?

Now that's the question.. lol but anyway, I wouldn't suggest anything as a trade-off if it limits the player. Walking slow just to aim is so boring and limits player movement. If I'm playing a game with a very limited FOV, I don't want to feel restricted in my movement too.

Just my 2 cents on ADS, I know there's a huge following for that style of shooter but it's not my cup of tea.

J10

Banned
Why does there need to be a trade-off? What's the advantage someone has ADS over shooting from the hip if they're both equally accurate? Why are we restricting our creativity to what has already been done?

The gaming industry needs more fresh experiences that a new console generation will hopefully bring, especially with FPS's. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it won't be done.

There needs to be a trade off because then one state becomes redundant and useless. Why would anyone ever use ADS if shooting from the hip was equally effective without hindering their move speed and field of view? I'm asking you what would you suggest the trade off be otherwise?

Akai__

Pretty underwhelming reveal. We got like 10 seconds of gameplay, this game is definitely not coming this year.

Why not?

The 1st ViDoc of Halo 4 was released on 1st March, last year and included like 30 seconds of gameplay and Halo 4 was released later that year.

I'm pretty sure, that Bungie will have an appereance on E3. I'm also guessing, that Destiny comes out Q4, if not earlier.

Why not?

The 1st ViDoc of Halo 4 was released on 1st March, last year and included like 30 seconds of gameplay and Halo 4 was released later that year.

I'm pretty sure, that Bungie will have an appereance on E3. I'm also guessing, that Destiny comes out Q4, if not earlier.

I would consider this the first Halo 4 vidoc. Somehow that vidoc (bts) was better than bungie's. I don't think Destiny will make an appearance this year.

m23

Why not?

This article states that they aren't releasing this year if I'm understanding it right.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/17/destiny-qa-i-absolutely-believe-were-going-to-advance-the-genre-3481854/

So, as we said in our earnings call last week we have no guidance in our year that has anything from this game in 2013. And we’re not ready to say anything more than that, but I wouldn’t speculate beyond that. There’s nothing in our guidance for 2013.

By the way, we're supposed to be getting final details on Team Throwdown today, right?

Fracas

#fuckonami
If someone would do it, I'd love the Tricorn to be incorporated into my avy as well.

Might crop out a character from Destiny concept art for a new one, not feeling Halo anymore. I could bring the blurred weapon/dildo and "haters gonna hate" over, too.

Akai__

I would consider this the first Halo 4 vidoc. Somehow that vidoc (bts) was better than bungie's. I don't think Destiny will make an appearance this year.

Not sure, if I understand, because that's the ViDoc I meant. Although it got released on 5th March, when the embargo lifted.

They are kinda similiar, don't you think?

Not sure, if I understand, because that's the ViDoc I meant. Although it got released on 5th March, when the embargo lifted.

They are kinda similiar, don't you think?

I got dates confused, you're right. I do agree they're similar but I think 343's is much better. More gameplay, and I was pretty hyped when I saw it. Destiny was just a "thats it...?" feeling.

I still don't know if Bungie will make it by the end of the year. I hope so, but if all they're only willing to show to us is people walking in an alpha build of the game I can't see a release happening this year.

Toa TAK

Banned
They had more generic Marty O Donnel orchestral music in the background.

I think I see why people are just using gifs at this point.

If I remember correctly it was about an election here in Germany, nobody expected one party to get that much votes, everybody in the background was set for disappointment, but they got surprised. The host couldn't understand how they won enough votes and was totally confused lol.

Oh man. I thought it was something cooler. Like Godzilla.

So yeah, Destiny reveal was a little underwhelming, and Im kinda left not knowing for than I did before the leaks, but Im still looking forward to the game.

Anyways, I am looking forward to the Spartan Ops finale tomorrow and more details on the new maps later this week. I'm hoping both do not disappoint!

Akai__

I got dates confused, you're right. I do agree they're similar but I think 343's is much better. More gameplay, and I was pretty hyped when I saw it. Destiny was just a "thats it...?" feeling.

I still don't know if Bungie will make it by the end of the year. I hope so, but if all they're only willing to show to us is people walking in an alpha build of the game I can't see a release happening this year.

I think they will release the Xbox 360/PS3 versions this year. Don't know, how long developers, will be supporting the Xbox 360/PS3, once the next gen consoles are out.

Nobody can say, when it's going to be released. We can only make assumptions. Even the "leaked" date from the french retailer (October 6th) sounds like it's wrong, because it's on a Sunday.

Hoping for the best and the best would be, when they are not under release pressure and deliver a game, which is well polished and doesn't include many buggs, which seems pretty normal these days sadly.

HOW IS THAT NOT A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT

saikunmarina.gif

BNWKfIp.png
IjN4044.png
NxjQ2DP.png

If someone would do it, I'd love the Tricorn to be incorporated into my avy as well.

Might crop out a character from Destiny concept art for a new one, not feeling Halo anymore. I could bring the blurred weapon/dildo and "haters gonna hate" over, too.

If you can find me a lego Spartan like that without the text I can make a few for you.

Sure I like Marty and his music but I think the Halo Fandom overrates him incredibly. His music is barely more iconic than most games. The level to level music is forgettable with the exception of some.

Halo 4 was no different while it had some okay moment it was forgettable.

All this is fine with me Music is one of the last reasons I'm play Halo.

It's sad to see people disappointed by the reveal, but I mean, they're being honest. I was personally expecting something longer and more in depth, although I showed it to my wife and she said she thought it could be shorter (stripped down to the narration, concept art, and game footage). I think it's hard to blame Bungie for the hype, as it was mostly generated by the community, but there was an opportunity here to blow minds in a large audience and they just didn't sell it in a way that appealed to the wide range of people that viewed it.

heckfu

Banned
HOW IS THAT NOT A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE COMPLAINT

You are one of the most arrogant and ridiculous posters in here. If it's not talking about the incident with the guys face it's recreating the halo universe because you know better or talking about how Marty's music is trite and predictable.

I don't care about your new weapons or enemies, I'm sorry, and I don't care that you don't like Marty but do a little growing up and realize you don't have to 'fix' things that aren't broken.

I dont think I can play another mode except Team Swat ever again.

I have no idea who you are, but you're my favorite based on username alone.

You are one of the most arrogant and ridiculous posters in here. If it's not talking about the incident with the guys face it's recreating the halo universe because you know better or talking about how Marty's music is trite and predictable.

I don't care about your new weapons or enemies, I'm sorry, and I don't care that you don't like Marty but do a little growing up and realize you don't have to 'fix' things that aren't broken.

Codmeltdown.jpg
Halometldown.jpg

Heck baby please. Live and let live dude

This post makes me sad. Few posters are as imaginative and open to putting it out there as Wahrer. Never change, man.

Top Bottom