• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Personally I don't see a H2 remake at all, I think you're dreaming it's going to happen. Sure I'd like it as I enjoyed H2 but I just don't see it.

Regarding the bulletin why are they not openly communicating their ideas now? The game has shipped, the Virgin tournament is out of the bag, SPOPS is returning and there is no more hardcore marketing going. In short they should be involving the forum and outside of the game community heavily in what they are thinking right now. Get the feedback directly, put your ideas out there and it's not like you have to worry about COD stealing one of your ideas for an already released game. You have the game you intended and it's been out there for months now. Time to listen to the community a little and put that into your iterative development cycle.

Seriously I enjoyed the Frankie bulletin but communication is really no better. This bulletin should have been far more transparent about where Halo 4 is going in terms of playlists, settings, tweaks, bugs and more. I see some Waypoint threads about bugs but no threads about what their ideas on change, tweaks and playlist discussions are.

Honestly get transparent, at this point there's no reason to play your cards close to your chest any more. You should be getting open discussion about rank, tweaks, TU, maps, slayer pro V2 and more...

On the positive Forge maps are good for next week, more variety. bs Angel giving feedback in this Waypoint thread.

is everyone usually this negative around here? I'm starting to wonder if this whole neogaf thing was worth the wait.

Get used to it, I've taken to making margaritas here when I post. So much salt you have to find something useful for it :) If you remember most of the salt comes from passion and that most forget to preface their posts with "for my playlist of choice" then things are a lot better when reading HaloGAF. The guys and gals here at HaloGAF are at their best when events are on, they attend and make some great content for the community, appreciate them for that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's time for me to take a break from this forum, I know you all won't care but I have no further discussion on Halo. Halo is heading down a terrible path and if things start getting brighter I'll return.

Peace out everyone.
That's how I felt in late November. Now my bitterness has worn off a bit, and I can at least enjoy the older Halo games with HaloGAF. I just want the TU to come out and fix Halo 4, or for us all to pretend it doesn't exist, lol.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gonna post the same thing I posted over in the shut-down thread:

Okay, seriously: If people want to get the multiplayer achievements in Halo 2 Vista before the server shut-down and I get 6 people or so by Saturday to PM me, I'm willing to do it in the afternoon (3PM-ish? Eastern?) on Saturday.

So if anyone SERIOUSLY wants to get these (and I don't care what you want, PM me what you're wanting to get so I can plan these out), PM me.

I'm serious. If anyone wants to do this, lets do it ASAP.

is everyone usually this negative around here? I'm starting to wonder if this whole neogaf thing was worth the wait.

The process of 343i giving misinformation and mostly no information about major game changing sandbox changes threw HaloGAF on its head. When the game launched and so much was changed for the worst we basically lost our shit.

Now its January and we have basically heard nothing about what is changing to improve it. Not too mention 343i disappeared for about a month.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weren't we promised file share info in this bulletin...

tumblr_lmrsj0eI2h1qii6tmo1_400.gif

mYAU4.png
Sigh :/

At least Spartan Ops is coming back.. I guess.

neoism

you missed the golden days of halo 3 that thread was gold and the game wasn't terrible.....reachs ot in the first few months was great too h4 and 343 are just bad so it shows in this thread

GrizzNKev

Banned
So I told my friends from home that I've decided to stop playing Halo 4. They were my original Halo crew, we became a group because we played Halo 3 squad battle a ton. They all got tired of Halo 4 already.

Upon the news that I decided I wouldn't be returning to Halo 4, they sent me this.

We're discussing going back to Reach.

Duji

people who think cod is easy because you can kill people in less shots than it takes to kill someone in halo are clueless

with that logic I guess railgun matches in Q3A are even easier than COD since you can get kills in 1 hit, move faster, and you have more precise controls with a mouse and keyboard

Exactly. Kill times and difficulty in aiming are two completely different things. They should be balanced to complement each other. A game with fast kill times should have difficult aiming (unlike CoD).

Halo's long kill times and relatively easy aiming don't mesh well. CE, however, nailed it.

Disappointment after disappointment. I feel everything Halo related has been like this since 343 took over Reach and ruined the playlists in that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Don't worry guys Halo 4 has a Slayer Pro playlist for fansof classic gameplay .. oh

But we can easily organize customs we just could search maps with the file browser .. oh

TCKaos

Disappointment after disappointment. I feel everything Halo related has been like this since 343 took over Reach and ruined the playlists in that.

Anniversary. That was nice.

Then everything else happened, and I don't think anyone has approved of anything other than the actual content of the TU, which most of us agree was terribly implemented.

Anniversary. That was nice.

Then everything else happened, and I don't think anyone has approved of anything other than the actual content of the TU, which most of us agree was terribly implemented.

No MP, input lag in new graphics mode, laggy co-op. It was nice, but it still had issues.

343i have added their logo to threads created by them, a good step to highlighting where official staff look and/or respond. Perhaps we need to get vocal in these official and sticky threads? I couldn't locate anything official or sticky for TU, playlist decisions, population statistics, tweaks or slayer pro V2 or map design/development.

Community Forge Test Bug Reporting Thread

Halo 4 Known Issues

Daily, Weekly & Monthly Challenger Depot

Forge Maps in Matchmaking FAQ

Community Forge Q&A Resources

As for bulletins these pop up as each bulletin is released -
bsAngel giving feedback in this Waypoint thread

Suggest a topic for the Halo bulletin

Ask a question for the Halo bulletin

Redford

aka Cabbie
I think it's time for me to take a break from this forum, I know you all won't care but I have no further discussion on Halo. Halo is heading down a terrible path and if things start getting brighter I'll return.

Peace out everyone.

Yup, seeyou tomorrow dude.

Heh, what happens when it's revealed that the winner of the Infinity Challenge isn't even old enough to drive?

omg-wtf-lol.gif

Zoojoo alt confirmed.

FyreWulff

Heh, what happens when it's revealed that the winner of the Infinity Challenge isn't even old enough to drive?

omg-wtf-lol.gif

Anyone that wins this should take the cash option or sell the truck immediately. The plates and insurance for that thing are going to be a waste of money.

This is why I'll never win a contest for a free car, because I'll immediately flip it for maximum dollars.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I took Halo 4 out of my Xbox and put it underneath my roommate's copy of Mass Effect 3. Goodbye, I regret getting to SR 103. Maybe one day...

Replacing the time I spent trying to care about the game to exercise more often and focus on my health. As soon as I changed my diet and started working out (yes, 3 days ago) I completely lost any desire to play.

Scientifically proven, Halo 4 is bad for you.

Is the Saxophone Player for ODST a positive thing or a negative thing? Because I'm not gonna lie, ODST was an amazing game, by far my favorite Halo game. Best sountrack, best campaign, best multiplayer (Halo 3's multiplayer with all the DLC) and Firefight (when it was good) <3

Also, take away the happy face for Reach, and replace it with an indifferent face, and you have my reaction down perfectly.

Top Bottom