• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Please tell me thats press gameplay and not developer gameplay?

Noone that makes games should be that bad, these people were making the worst decisions, repeatedly. I'm pretty sure the one dude didn't understand the boltshot, but continued to use it as a primary weapon the entire game...

I feel every time we get new maps and new games we get footage from people who area just coming out from living under a rock and are rehabilitating themselves into the world and discovering video games for the first time.

Its embarassing.

Dirtbag

The gameplay videos we got from this... my god.

ibgiB9OUnTMzen.gif

it explains everything if these are the testers

Moa

Please tell me thats press gameplay and not developer gameplay?

Noone that makes games should be that bad, these people were making the worst decisions, repeatedly. I'm pretty sure the one dude didn't understand the boltshot, but continued to use it as a primary weapon the entire game...

I feel every time we get new maps and new games we get footage from people who area just coming out from living under a rock and are rehabilitating themselves into the world and discovering video games for the first time.

Its embarassing.

It was press.

orznge

Banned
banned website.com/239487239847/gaming-journalist-spazzing-on-mountain-dew-high-produces-hilarious-gif-must-see-funny

Open letter to all Gaming Press: We have some pretty good people here who would probably love to play your maps and get you good footage of how they play. Hit us up.

There was a bunch of people interested in getting the crimson dlc achievements a few pages back, I wanna get in on that too. That happening sometime today?

I don't think so, because we realized that the Crimson playlist isn't there anymore.

What's the best substitute to play on the maps? I'm not really up-to-date when it comes to matchmaking details.

Maybe we could try to organize something for later though. But I will be abroad over the weekend, so I'd only be available through Thursday and then starting next Tuesday.

Guys, I think I saved Halo.
That is brilliant. If we simply remove the TUs, Doubles Pro, Throwdown, and all the playlist changes, essentially returning everything to the condition it was in on launch day, we should be able to return the population numbers to their former glory. Thank you Juices and others for posting that graph so much. The solution was staring at us the whole time.

But seriously, that mirrored graph was funny.

Can't wait to play the new maps (and I still haven't had a chance to try Throwdown)!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Team Throwdown population after playlist bans: 0.

I actually had a much better experience with the playlist today than yesterday (as far as quitter and matching uneven teams) I don't know why but it was just better. Almost all 4v4 games that went to the end. I searched solo, as 2, 3 and 4 today too.

There's a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference between being a god and playing... like that.

lol, I know, but map footage is map footage imo. He even came into the thread earlier and apologized for using the Boltshot. The other comments probably scared him off. HaloGAF can be pretty uninviting sometimes.

That wont keep quiters out. It happened in Halo 3.

They should implement playlist Bans.

It wont stop quitting, you never will.

The number though allows people to be more heavily invested in their game. Which curbs quitting to a lower level.

In a way you can think of it like training dogs, you can get better results and its more humane to use motivation instead of punishment. You dont want to create all these punishing systems cause people have legit reasons for quitting, and on rare occasions might have legit reasons for quitting repeatedly.

Gui_PT

Bots.

I just saved Halo!

lol, I know, but map footage is map footage imo. He even came into the thread earlier and apologized for using the Boltshot. The other comments probably scared him off. HaloGAF can be pretty uninviting sometimes.

He should've apologized for using the AR and also give me his job.

Redford

aka Cabbie
In fairness, didn't Rare assist with the lighting in Halo 3?

Sort of related, but always wondered why Halo 3's (and to an extent ODST's) lightning has remained distinctive since it's release, what is it that makes it have that feel? Halo 4 has the sunniness but it's not the same.

the LoL implementation seems to be pretty solid.

As an unrelated complaint, can 343 please fix the armor unlock system so it notifies you when you have new armor you can wear rather than new armor that you can look at and unlock later?

Gui_PT

As an unrelated complaint, can 343 please fix the armor unlock system so it notifies you when you have new armor you can wear rather than new armor that you can look at and unlock later?

I've noticed this. It tells me when I've unlocked something... but I didn't really unlock it, I only made it "visible" in the armor list. But when I actually unlock it, I get no notification.

Gordon

A 100% reduction in quitters!

It looked like his first time playing. I can't imagine he's taking the comments too seriously. I mean if he had been playing since launch that's one thing, but if you pick up a game and then publish the first result you get, you gotta know you're gonna look like a noob. That said, it would be a tad more professional to practice a little before-hand..

I've noticed this. It tells me when I've unlocked something... but I didn't really unlock it, I only made it "visible" in the armor list. But when I actually unlock it, I get no notification.
Feels like something that got overlooked from Reach - like they're expecting us to have to 'buy' armor instead of unlocking it. Probably just another mechanic designed to cram the progression system down our throats though.

They don't have time to get good at any one game.
They don't need to be particularly good, but if they're going to attempt to share information it would be nice if they had a better comprehension of it.

TheOddOne

LoL system is godtier. Makes people think twice about quitting because they shame you with it.

Caja 117

I think is a way to clense the population, a lot of people go in, and quit a CTF just after 1 cap, (game will be better without them) at the end, nothing is going to stop quitters and a ranked system that can only be looked at outside the game wont be relevant enough to cut on quitters.

alexrubens

Neo Member
It looked like his first time playing. I can't imagine he's taking the comments too seriously. I mean if he had been playing since launch that's one thing, but if you pick up a game and then publish the first result you get, you gotta know you're gonna look like a noob. That said, it would be a tad more professional to practice a little before-hand..

Normally, I would have published later matches, but our time with the multiplayer was short, so there wasn't really time to warm up. We didn't have any of our settings or loadouts either, as we were playing on their machines. I don't pretend to be amazing at Halo either. ^_^

TheOddOne

Normally, I would have published later matches, but our time with the multiplayer was short, so there wasn't really time to warm up. We didn't have any of our settings or loadouts either, as we were playing on their machines. I don't pretend to be amazing at Halo either. ^_^
We bitch and moan about everything though, so don't feel so bad :p

Yep, and I usually forget what it is that I unlocked. For example, I hit Assistant Master yesterday, but I don't remember what that unlocks. I think I was looking forward to it too

Gordon

They should give you guys more time. Putting out promotional media like this isn't doing the game justice. And it's making you look bad.

Edit: Kinda reminds me of playing Halo 4 at FanExpo - 8v8 to 600 and they started the countdown while everybody was still picking up their controllers.

kylej

Banned

Tag me in coach. I'll drop the dee on those kids.

Gui_PT

You are a travesty to all gaming journalists and the overall PROFESSIONAL behavior of gaming journalism.

Yep, and I usually forget what it is that I unlocked. For example, I hit Assistant Master yesterday, but I don't remember what that unlocks. I think I was looking forward to it too

Yeah =\
Maybe the internets can tell you?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Don't even sweat it bro. Thanks for the vids

edit: LOLOL Juices

Top Bottom