• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

TheOddOne

Made a pic of gelly screen and slowed it down:

ibkSuvu3Hmc3U0.gif

kylej

Banned
I'm only commenting on what I'm seeing. The game mechanic "SCREEN TURNS RED WHEN HURT" is one of those modern developments that I really, really hate. It's one of those mechanics that immediately takes away from my enjoyment of a game.

too negative

Not sure yet.
But... If this is real... it could be the points for the AIM system.
It is the leaked info that was posted on Bungie a year ago.
343i said it was fake, but so much in there is actually true...

But anyways it says the Arsenal Improvisation Mechanic (AIM) allows for "menu-free customization of weapons and vehicles in combat."

Of course it is just a theory.

Hmm.. I mean this is how i see it.

Guy watches legendary ending. Guy figures its a dyson sphere (like alot of us did) and starts making dots to connect this to his made up crap, Guy then says incredibly vague things.

AIM systems sounds awkward, UNSC at war on "sigma 7" with each other ... whats that about why would that happen.

Sounds like BS to me honestly, i wouldnt put much stock in any of it.

I'm a pretty firm believer that the only purpose a killcam serves is to showcase how bad netcode can be. People bitch about lag and bad hosts to high heaven now, imagine when they see that they never actually fired their shots on the other guy's screen.

Ha true, you can tell I don't actually play COD.

I'm a pretty firm believer that the only purpose a killcam serves is to showcase how bad netcode can be. People bitch about lag and bad hosts to high heaven now, imagine when they see that they never actually fired their shots on the other guy's screen.

Imagine when they see they actually just fucked up and have to hang their head in shame, so many people bitch and complain they should of got the kill when in all honesty they just played that exchange shitty and go legitimately beat,

Its part of why i dont give a shit about dedis, so many people saying we need them and honestly i played for years on a shitty connection and still dongblained fools left right and centre, even if they got dedis we would hear the same "oh yea well im too far from the server" ect

Netcode in reach is fine bar the very rare occasion. If its even better with reach ill be happy.

JMizzlin

Dat CE is glorious. Ragin' because I'll be out of the country and away from my Xbox for a year from August. Looks like I'll have to get my folks to pick me up a copy.

What's the consensus on the CE? Does GAF like?

Ha true, you can tell I don't actually play COD.

True Halo follows the ignorance is bliss logic.

Console logic: No ping rates, give em color bars!

I don't want kill cams because they are flow destroying but final game winning killcams woudl be cool. I would also like mini games in matchmaking loading screens, I'm guessing copyright makes all this impossible :(

Would be so awesome in Halo, specially if someone gets an amazing blainer at the end.

I don't want kill cams because they are flow destroying but final game winning killcams woudl be cool. I would also like mini games in matchmaking loading screens, I'm guessing copyright makes all this impossible :(

Cool background art, Cursor, BR, Spartans popup and you shoot them. Tiny accuracy. meter at bottom. Hit/Miss.Warmup pregame.

Hopefully theres a small countdown before game like in CoD, finally. So annoying that host spawns and moves first in Halo, blackscreens, and reconnects.

Can we pre-order the LE online yet? Im still a little deflated about the lack of something collectable with it, I thought Halo 4 would for sure go balls out, but it seems to be a nice package still. I just hope we get something to make up for missing on the epic cover art..

Omg, so good. Those death animations are fantastic, wow.

Toonami is officially back, I hope TOM does a Halo 4 review.

What!? Yes!

Cool background art, Cursor, BR, Spartans popup and you shoot them. Tiny accuracy. meter at bottom. Hit/Miss.Warmup pregame.

Hopefully theres a small countdown before game like in CoD, finally. So annoying that host spawns and moves first in Halo, blackscreens, and reconnects.

This, also I would like the game to actually tell us who is the host clearly, I mean it can't do any harm, can it?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If anyone has any airline connections where I can get a flight for PAX on the cheap, please contact me. Please. I'm dying to go to PAX but the flight from NY is really expensive. Thanks.

Yup, people will get fuck tonnes of messages from BK's complaining they had host advantage ect

True you should be able to see if you are or if you aren't host (keep the reticule reset thing) but it shouldn't broadcast it cause babies will cry.

In custom game however you should be able to see ping #'s and choose host. (optionally choose)

TheOddOne

I know, right? Scary how accurate it was.
That is the only reason I gave it any merit there.

But since David just said it was fake I shall drop it :p
Some parts are just mindblowing if any game would do it.

Parts like, there are UNSC forces on the planet but they look degraded disorganized and it was implied that they might be devided into factions and warring with each other.

Fake I know, but who made it did a great job on this fake.

feel

If anyone has any airline connections where I can get a flight for PAX on the cheap, please contact me. Please. I'm dying to go to PAX but the flight from NY is really expensive. Thanks.
How much is it? We could help you pay for it easily by each of us pitching in a few dollars by paypal or something. Pretty sure you would be posting tons of footage so it would be like a small investment.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Love you, Amazon, but there's no way in hell I'm missing a midnight launch for Halo 4 so GameStop or Microsoft Store it is (depending on how good their midnight launch party will be this year).

neoism

aonyone know the FOV of Halo 4 Not liking the size of the BR... plus it sounds like a pea shotter... :(
Also WHERE is the limited Edition link on AMAZON.

Loadout selection screen before spawn

aonyone know the FOV of Halo 4 Not liking the size of the BR... plus it sounds like a pea shotter... :(
Also WHERE is the limited Edition link on AMAZON.

Field of view in reach was 78, most likely the same.
Its confirmed from a old build so BR might of changed
No LE up on Amazon yet. Gamestop taking in store order and on the site

neoism

If you've done good I don't have a problem getting on my knees, that's how it's always been, I'm not a mindless hate drone.

Janky sprint animation (if you're gonna shove sprint into Halo, at least make it animate better or differently than the rest of the industry, make it stand out) and BR sound aside, that was fantastic. So pretty, crisp and smooth.

So good. Will buy at least one copy of each SKU for sure.

Seems the kind of thing that you just stop noticing when you're playing, there's much worse to complain about. Glad I don't mind it as much as everyone else.

Frankie just copy Reach sprint animation... not sure if it is,, but letters is right it looks weird....
Wish they would stopped with the shitty videos and just release one game on the latest build.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Love you, Amazon, but there's no way in hell I'm missing a midnight launch for Halo 4 so GameStop or Microsoft Store it is (depending on how good their midnight launch party will be this year).

Same here. No matter what happens, I'll be there at midnight.
The only real question is what to play first, single player or multiplayer. Franklinator and I are going to have a decent sized group for the launch, it'd be rude to make them wait lol.

Fuchsdh

Thought y'all would get a kick out of this. From the Ars Technica piece about Halo 4, in the comments:

I'll have to see something other than "Hey, we know the Chief had a specific reason for the armor he had in Halo 2 and 3, but we wanted it to be bigger, and have jetpacks, and lasers, so we changed everything" to make me want to play 4. I am extremely wary of any game series that suddenly carries on after the OG dev left, and 343 kind of did a half-assed job with ODST.

I still own and played ODST, but that was because my wife got it for me in the fancy pants set with the controller. It was fine, but the lackluster pacing and poor acting by anyone who wasn't on Firefly, not to mention the Skinemax saxophone mood music, left me wondering why it wasn't sold as a budget title.

hee hee.

Bombadil

Banned
Just saw the new gameplay vid. Very impressive. I like the kill animations a lot better than the ones in Reach, which I felt were choppy.

Haha, as a sidenote: O'Connor has trouble saying "particularly." Cracked me up.

Thought y'all would get a kick out of this. From the Ars Technica piece about Halo 4, in the comments:

I'll have to see something other than "Hey, we know the Chief had a specific reason for the armor he had in Halo 2 and 3, but we wanted it to be bigger, and have jetpacks, and lasers, so we changed everything" to make me want to play 4. I am extremely wary of any game series that suddenly carries on after the OG dev left, and 343 kind of did a half-assed job with ODST.

I still own and played ODST, but that was because my wife got it for me in the fancy pants set with the controller. It was fine, but the lackluster pacing and poor acting by anyone who wasn't on Firefly, not to mention the Skinemax saxophone mood music, left me wondering why it wasn't sold as a budget title.

hee hee.

Nice facts bro,

I keep reading your name as "fus ro dah" i dont care how you feel about this, you will accept and enjoy it.

kylej

Banned

hee hee.

Can't say as though he's wrong there.

Top Bottom