• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

TheOddOne

Marthy "Skinemax saxophone god" O'Donnell is not pleased.

74Pbv.gif

Can't say as though he's wrong there.

It wasnt sold as a budget title because you got the entire Halo 3 multiplayer experience, you also got a 6 hour campaign and firefight, its essentially Halo 3 with more replay value for the single and co-op portions.

Budget price would be fine for a campaign + firefight only SKU but bungie said many times what started as a mini chapter evolved into a standalone title worthy of retail.

Your feelings on the quality of the campaign aside (because they vary) you easily got the same amount of content you would with any halo release.

You may of bought the map pack earlier but thats beside the point.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ROAD TRIP!

lol fuck that

How much is it? We could help you pay for it easily by each of us pitching in a few dollars by paypal or something. Pretty sure you would be posting tons of footage so it would be like a small investment.

It's around 600 round trip. That's a nice offer but I'll have to respectfully decline. I can probably afford it but damn it's so much fuckin money.

I know a guy who I've played Halo with for a few years. His dad works for some airline and he flies everywhere for free. Gonna see if I can get a hook up and maybe hit him with some cash on the side.

Thanks for the offer though.

kylej

Banned
Budget price would be fine for a campaign + firefight only SKU but bungie said many times what started as a mini chapter evolved into a standalone title worthy of retail.

Bungie can say whatever they want to say. Should've been $40. That's waaaaaay too pointless a discussion to have at this point though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Really? The characters make ODST for me.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

FUCK

FU...

Just something about them just irks me so much. I'm not sure which character is HaloGAF's favorite, but Buck is my least favorite character in the series. He's just so unlikeable.

I will say that I appreciate the game being made in the first place. It provided a nice change of pace, and I would welcome a sequel, as long as it keeps the atmosphere (the other thing I like about ODST, but forgot to mention earlier).

edit: Wow, I disagree with you guys on nearly every subject haha.

Except for Reach. Because Reach sucks.

I'm with fracas and viewtiful, ODST's character were pretty lame to me. I just couldn't care about them at all.

It has been about 3 years since I past played though, so I definitely should give the story another shot.

Edit: and like Kyle said it should have been $40

One of the best cutscenes ever.

Haters gunna hate

Yeah, like ODST's one-dimensional caricatures being good.

It's got nice music, but the cast is absolutely awful. I beat the game less then a month ago and I can't even remember their names if you had a gun to my head.

Adam Baldwin
Tricia Helfer
Nolan North
Alan Tudyk
Nathan Fillion

Yeah real horrible cast.

Unless your talking about their in game characters which are good aswell, Dare is pretty pointless but serves as the resident LI, the rest are fine for a squad of ODST's each guy has a specialization, fleshed out backgrounds ect.

I think the problem you have lie with how much your concerned about Halo lore rather than how good or bad the cast is.

Tunavi

Banned
facebook is now letting you change your URL once again

So i'm like, hey! awesome! I can change my url to facebook.com/Tunavi finally

its taken and if someone were to make this person "go away," I would not be upset

ODST was a fucking amazing game with a great cast.. Such a cool premise for story telling, if only the engine could have handled character models better. Still, that game without VISR is a thing of beauty.

Ten bucks says he shows up in Halo 4's campaign.

As a Spartan IV.

not sure how I would feel about that though.

feel

It's around 600 round trip. That's a nice offer but I'll have to respectfully decline. I can probably afford it but damn it's so much fuckin money.

I know a guy who I've played Halo with for a few years. His dad works for some airline and he flies everywhere for free. Gonna see if I can get a hook up and maybe hit him with some cash on the side.

Thanks for the offer though.
Ok fine. Will you say yes if some random chick from the Gaming side offers to pay for it?

Karl2177

facebook is now letting you change your URL once again

So i'm like, hey! awesome! I can change my url to facebook.com/Tunavi finally

its taken and if someone were to make this person "go away," I would not be upset

I've always been facebook.com/Karl2177

DOUBLE KILL

Suck it Tunavi

I wasn't aware ANYBODY liked the Reach's ensemble, outside Kat's ass.

I do, ( i feel like im trolling you now )

Jorge is cool
Carter is cool
Noble 6 is cool

Not really bothered about the rest if you flesh them out with another title or in other media id be fine with them but as of now emile is a skull helmet kat is annoying and Jun is like antman to the avengers or colossus to the xmen, always doing their own thing but trying desperately to be established as part of the team

I feel like I'm trollin' you guys, but that's just how I feel about it. I'm happy to be back to Chief and Cortana, with hopefully some nice character development we can look forward to it.

Johnson needs to stay dead unless ONI cloned him.
Cloned into the new 343 Guilty Spark because his "essence" was transferred into it during the fight in Halo 3. Bank on it and get ready for the dhun dhun dhuns.

Spoiled because I don't know the etiquette on discussing Primordium related revelations lol

Fuchsdh

hee hee.

Nice facts bro,

I keep reading your name as "fus ro dah" i dont care how you feel about this, you will accept and enjoy it.

I will accept it. Hell given the issues GAF people have been having with it, I'd change it to that if I could :p

Can't say as though he's wrong there.

Well, he's wrong about 343 making it, whatever your thoughts about the game's merit :|

And I think the soundtrack is great precisely because the sax doesn't conjure up any sleazy smooth jazz feelings in me. Then again, I haven't watched any Skinemax, so maybe the associations people have with that are their own proclivities and not any fault of Marty.

Also:

oi0WF.png

Am I now a man?

Fuchsdh

Jorge is cool
Carter is cool
Noble 6 is cool

Not really bothered about the rest if you flesh them out with another title or in other media id be fine with them but as of now emile is a skull helmet kat is annoying and Jun is like antman to the avengers or colossus to the xmen, always doing their own thing but trying desperately to be established as part of the team

I didn't hate Noble Team, they just weren't fleshed out enough for me, combined with the canon issues that Reach took it just left me with a sour taste.

All the ingredients for better characterization were there but I just think it was too little. Jorge and Kat started getting decent bits right as they were killed off, Emile and Jun just stayed too aloof to sympathize with.

Karl2177

Jorge is cool
Carter is cool
Noble 6 is cool

I find it sad that a fan made comic of Jun fleshes him out and develops his story more than Bungie did throughout the game.

TRIPLE KILL

My biggest beef with ODST and Reach was their potential. ODST just barely fell short, so it was acceptable in my opinion. It could have been better, but I understood why it wasn't as good as previous titles. But Reach missed the mark so much that it hurts to imagine what could have been. Nothing about Reach's story and campaign really stand out as amazing to me.

odst was a good game but lousy characters. reach was a bad game with even worse characters. and what was with that bullshit that reach, the planet itself, would be like a character. the invasion of reach was pretty pathetic. makes you wonder how reach was q military planet

Top Bottom