• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

So, did Hot Rod kill his dad Frank with the five point palm exploding heart move in the last frames?

I'm pretty sure he just made him shit his pants.

I was hurt by fireworks once – when I was twelve. I lit too many sparklers at the same time and got second degree burns all over my right hand. Worst pain I have ever felt.

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was hurt by fireworks once – when I was twelve. I lit too many sparklers at the same time and got second degree burns all over my right hand. Worst pain I have ever felt.

Remember I don't recommend trying out for yourself what I'm about to type.

My brothers and I once had the bright idea to have a bottle rocket war in the field out in our backyard once during July 4th. So about 8pm we marched outside, each armed with a glass coca-cola classic bottle and a bandolier of fireworks. We set up our defensive positions and unleashed our mini-volleys of sparks and pops. This was the greatest night of my life (I was 8) until one of the bottle rockets failed to explode in the air, landing on top of my legs where it fully combusted, lighting my pants on fire.

Like any good youngster I stopped, dropped and rolled the heck of there. Running inside to my mom so she could make everything better. Honestly, I was lucky I didn't get 2nd or 3rd degree burns.

tl;dr

Stay safe out there if you're participating in explosive activities for the 4th.

Overdoziz

Banned
It isolates combat to one area of the map even more than regular settings do. Terrible.

The only gametype that sort of works on Sword Base is King simply because it forces combat to some different areas of the map

THIRD time in a row!
KotH doesn't work on room-based maps.

Kid down the street from my grandparents house where we use to pop firecrackers on July 4th. Put a bunch of these little battery lookin' mofuckas in a pile, lit them and stood WAAAAY too close.

Singed his eyebrows clean off, no lie.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

My brothers and I once had the bright idea to have a bottle rocket war in the field out in our backyard once during July 4th. So about 8pm we marched outside, each armed with a glass coca-cola classic bottle and a bandolier of fireworks. We set up our defensive positions and unleashed our mini-volleys of sparks and pops. This was the greatest night of my life (I was 8) until one of the bottle rockets failed to explode in the air, landing on top of my legs where it fully combusted, lighting my pants on fire.

Like any good youngster I stopped, dropped and rolled the heck of there. Running inside to my mom so she could make everything better. Honestly, I was lucky I didn't get 2nd or 3rd degree burns.

tl;dr

Stay safe out there if you're participating in explosive activities for the 4th.

Hah, my brother and I did something like this with whistlers (whistling bottlerockets). It ended with my throwing one that lodged in the arm put of his shirt, and try as he might to flail and get it off it detonated right in his arm pit. I was scared shitless at first, but when he was ok (with a giant burn hole in his shirt) it was funny as hell.

Homeboyd

tl;dr

My story was similar although no one's pants caught on fire, but someone did get shot in the eye and one landed between my sandal and my foot as I was running... and I stepped on it.

Haven't played since.

Sai-kun

Banned
A bunch of my family lives super close to the Indiana border, so we always make a short trip there to get a ton of fireworks. Today gon' be good!
stay cool folks :)

FyreWulff

oh great someone is rolling around abusing the revenant autoaim glitch in this game

But I guess the telemetry shows no problems so it's fine for it to still be in!

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Also, I think bottle rockets have been banned in NC for as long as I've lived here. Never had a chance for bottle rocket wars.

We drove down to South of the Border for that stuff.*

*Don't take that as a recommendation.

CyReN

Someone posted this on THC.

Hacks in MLG playlist..

Alright, so I literally just got out of a game of Sanctuary CTF that might've lasted a minute at most because some kid was using some hack to boost his speed up. His gamertag was You Eat Cox. Was wondering if anyone had seen this before? I might be late on it, I don't know.

EDIT: Here's a link to the clip. If someone wants to render it for our convenience, that would be cool too.
http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach...=&startIndex=0

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

That mexican themed park? Wait, are we still talking about North Carolina?!? I have an interesting story about that place.

Welcome to Urf Reach.

I'm deep in Southern California, where the only fireworks we can find are made by cupping your hands and yelling, "Whoosh! Boom!"

Drive to Ft. Irwin, plenty o fireworks. ;)

Welcome to Urf Reach.

I'm deep in Southern California, where the only fireworks we can find are made by cupping your hands and yelling, "Whoosh! Boom!"
Go to Santa Ana. I guarantee you will find fireworks on almost every street corner. There's also a stand right off the 55 in Newport Beach

also currently 64F here. wtf

Ah. I remember doing that once with my dad, but I don't think we ever picked up any bottle rockets. I also recall seeing signs for South of the Border for what seemed like an eternity before we actually drove passed SC's border.

CyReN

There may be no competitive Halo tourney streams on anymore but Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest is on ESPN now to fill the void.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Insane network lag in a game of BTB CTF with some GAFers just now. Warthogs appearing out of thin air, weapons appearing in my hand thirty second after picking them up, Falcons moon jumping across the map. It was some weird coo coo vortex shit. I saved the video for potential future GIFs.

Insane network lag in a game of BTB CTF with some GAFers just now. Warthogs appearing out of thin air, weapons appearing in my hand thirty second after picking them up, Falcons moon jumping across the map. It was some weird coo coo vortex shit. I saved the video for potential future GIFs.

And killing Elzar with the ghost! :p

FyreWulff

Welcome to Urf Reach.

Seriously. Normal Slayer on Boneyard features Red Team spawning in the open on scaffolding, while Blue spawns in the warm blanket of the Core Base and the Ship. What. the. fuck.

Then Asphalt BARELY gets voted in over normal Spire BTB (thank god) and Trueskill(tm) happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom