• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

D5hQv.png

Oh my god thank you.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man, I keep getting friend requests from lurkers.

I don't know if I should be flattered or annoyed

<3 you lurkers

daedalius

How can someone complain about the blast radius of rockets in Halo 3 after we got derp rockets in Reach?

I mean, you can be a mile away from those things and still die.

Same with garbage reach grenades. I was playing with Poison the other day (I think) and he was hiding off to the left of sword-spawn on Zealot. An enemy bounced a grenade up off of the ramp and it killed Poison while he was backed away around the corner... wtf! It was so far from him I couldn't even believe it when I saw it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Same here, they never send me a message saying where they're from either which is annoying.
Haha, you're friends with the newest one. "A Legit Rawr" is the gamertag, if I remember right. Said she was a HaloGAF lurker, and I had a couple spots full, why not.

Also, it'd be really awkward if I was rude to someone who then got approved.

Haha, you're friends with the newest one. "A Legit Rawr" is the gamertag, if I remember right. Said she was a HaloGAF lurker, and I had a couple spots full, why not.

Yes, I went to see her friend list, I assumed she was. If you're reading this Rawr, Hi! :p

But, some of the other ones have there, FL blocked, so I can't tell, if you lurkers are reading this, please just let me know that you're a lurker.

@Elzar wait till I spam you with weird messages and requests..

VaderNoooo.Jpg

I kid. :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
Worst thing about lurkers is the ones that wanted in the tourney.

What if I let them in? Do they want to play with a group of complete strangers against other strangers? I don't get it.

edit: There was a guy who joined a lobby I had going in Reach, he asked to join the tourney, and I immediately kicked him. I was in a bad mood at the time. :(

Yeah that why I always try to be as nice as possible all the time...

Right?
You're nice in this thread (most of the time), I'll give you that.

heckfu

Banned

Yeah thats why I always try to be as nice as possible all the time...

Right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man, I cannot wait for Halo 4. It comes out in November, then I graduate with my BA in December. So good.

Can't wait to go DMR/BR/Sentry gun combo.

Ramirez

It's pretty pathetic how bad Halo 3's playlists are at this point in its life. You can't make me believe that pruning the lists down and removing stuff like Rockets on Valhalla/Construct would take more than a few hours, I mean c'mon.

Bungie said they would purge the playlists at the launch of Reach, and yet here they stand, same as ever.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's pretty pathetic how bad Halo 3's playlists are at this point in its life. You can't make me believe that pruning the lists down and removing stuff like Rockets on Valhalla/Construct would take more than a few hours, I mean c'mon.
Team Slayer/Social Slayer-5k players each
everything else-700 players each.

Makes me sad.

Frank said not too long ago that a playlist update is coming, I think. But we'll see.
Nothing against him, but I don't think it's coming.
Reach isn't getting much, why in the world would they bother with a 5 year old game.

Bungie said they would purge the playlists at the launch of Reach, and yet here they stand, same as ever.

Frank said not too long ago that a playlist update is coming, I think. But we'll see.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I do not like the look of the Halo 4 Jackel heads. At all. Doesn't seem right.

Why have their elongated heads shrunk? Their eyes have halved in size along with the "hair" at the back of the head decreased in length. Can't nanomachine those obvious visual inconsistencies away.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Why stop at the aliens? Why not redeisgn us silly looking human at the same time? Wouldn't mind a puffed out superman chest and ham sized fists.

It's like the knock-off products you find in cheap, dodgy market stalls. They sell you stuff that looks, on the surface, pretty similar, but by paying close attention you start noticing really obvious things which are just wrong. Colours don't match. Proportions aren't right.

Of course I'm not comparing 343 to Chinese, child-fresh knock off goods. It's just... So much change for the sake of change. Why exactly? Every Halo game has updated and refreshed the art but kept the visual identity pretty tight. Why loosen it so much for Halo 4? It's only the nerds that pay attention enough to complain about these changes, so why even bother making the changes in the first place?

Shishka'd.

Ramirez

The Jackal looks vastly different in every single game, such a complete non issue.

Reach looks like it carried over the 3 model, but CE/2 look very different compared to that one.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The Jackal looks vastly different in every single game, such a complete non issue.

Reach looks like it carried over the 3 model, but CE/2 look very different compared to that one.

The thing is, they looked ... Avian or whatever. They kept that identity and refined the appearance. They nailed it with Halo 3 since the technology easily got to the point where it wouldn't get in the way of the art itself.

The same with Reach, just more refinement and expression there.

Then for Halo 4, it's like they chucked out the avian looks and feel and replaced with with generic dino monster. Just like the did with the Grunts and the Elites.

The Covenant in Halo 4 could blend in with the critters in Gears of War and no one would bat an eyelid.

kylej

Banned
Yes.

Anyone want to play haylow???????????????????????????????????????????????????

edit. me and booties are on that same wape wavelength.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
343 has said that they are, in a sense, rebooting the franchise. Jackal heads got jacked in the process.

m23

I'll be playing fable III until someone wants to play a real mans game

I was a huge fan of Fable, loved the first two. But the third, man was I disappointed. I don't even know what was wrong with the game. I just didn't have the same feeling as I did with the previous games, I just beat it and sold it which I usually never do.

Booties

Banned
I was a huge fan of Fable, loved the first two. But the third, man was I disappointed. I don't even know what was wrong with the game. I just didn't have the same feeling as I did with the previous games, I just beat it and sold it which I usually never do.
Dude I don't care.

Fable III felt pretty lifeless compared to the other games. And the stuff as a king was awful. Still good though.

Being booted from servers without notice or explanation is the bane of my life. If I am not meeting some invisible criteria for play, DON'T MAKE THE SERVER PUBLIC.

Raaaaaaaaaaaaage. One of the main non couchy reasons I prefer Console online to PC. I am not getting into a fight about which is better, they both have rage inducing components, but anonymous, inexplicable booting takes the cake.

(not talking about BF3, talking about PC MP generally)

I really can't take playing BF3 very often for this reason alone, its incredibly frustrating what they did with the servers.

Saw this on reddit.

Halo-4-Schakal_screencap-0.jpg

A nice comparison. I like the H4 jackals/mini Godzillas. Even if they don't look very bird like anymore.

Those comparison pictures could have been a bit better. Anyways..

Interestingly enough, it seems the Jackals still do have a bit of a beak at the end of their snout. That said, the heads are still strangely stubby, they now have an underbite rather than an overbite, and their eyes are no longer oversized alien looking bird eyes... I find the change to they eyes to be the most frustrating, as that was a very key part of the Jackals identity. I understand 343 wants to refresh the series, but that can easily be done without retconning certain key defining features. I find the change to the Grunts face to be fine.. but the changes to their limbs are hugely frustrating. Same goes with the Jackals eyes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s160KJgE_jc/TiBp7pnqzpI/AAAAAAAAAtA/0nPfuZ0KzOc/s1600/i-am-free-skulls-flag-america-drive-job-work-girlfriend-children-fashion-normal-pavement-tv-obey-law-save-repeat-after-me.jpg

No one is free.

Lol, kids.

Applying black primer really gave it a factory look. I've got to fill in some imperfections and fix some of the detailing mistakes. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Are you going to post a step by step on this? I'd really like to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom